Barcelona to fire Valverde. Quique Setién to take over

Eddy_JukeZ

It’s a fact major players don’t want to come to United. Not sure why you’re pretending otherwise. United are a has been club, and like Barca they need to gut the roster.

The difference is we will get a new board with elections while you are stuck with Woodward for years to come.
Pogba?

Ibra?

Falcao?(no one knew he was 'finished' then).

It'll be curious to see Barcelona without Messi. I think they'll struggle similar to United without SAF.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How are those major players going for you right about now?

Dembele? Shit
Continho? Shit
Greizman? Shit
De Jong? Shit

If you think a new board will change anything, you are sadly deluded. See the problem with self entitled Barcelona fans like yourself, is that you expect immediate results. Because you are a fan owned club, your board is fan influenced in order to retain their positions at the next election. So chances are you'll probably keep wasting huge sums of money on flops.

Uniteds future roster currently looks far better than Barcelona's. You have a massively ageing squad which is going to cost another half a billion tp rejuvenate. Looking at your most recent transfer activity, chances are you are probably going to sign feck up after feck up. You are pretty much United circa 12/13.
Exactly this. There's only one guy saving their arses for years and he is slowly showing signs of decline. Their fans (class of 2009) is in for a reality check sooner than they expect.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
How are those major players going for you right about now?

Dembele? Shit
Continho? Shit
Greizman? Shit
De Jong? Shit

If you think a new board will change anything, you are sadly deluded. See the problem with self entitled Barcelona fans like yourself, is that you expect immediate results. Because you are a fan owned club, your board is fan influenced in order to retain their positions at the next election. So chances are you'll probably keep wasting huge sums of money on flops.

Uniteds future roster currently looks far better than Barcelona's. You have a massively ageing squad which is going to cost another half a billion tp rejuvenate. Looking at your most recent transfer activity, chances are you are probably going to sign feck up after feck up. You are pretty much United circa 12/13.
No it doesn’t, you are clueless we just destroyed you 4-0 in champions league only last year. You’re a Europa team at best

You went for griezmann and failed. Haaland wanted nothing to do with you and neither did neymar.

United are horribly run and a joke, especially as long as Woodward is in charge

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Pogba?

Ibra?

Falcao?(no one knew he was 'finished' then).

It'll be curious to see Barcelona without Messi. I think they'll struggle similar to United without SAF.
Ibra was past his prime, pogba is miserable and Falcao was years and years ago and a big flop.

I agree Barca post Messi will be bad, but they’ll have more clout than United. No one wants to touch united right now.

Amerifan

Ibra was past his prime, pogba is miserable and Falcao was years and years ago and a big flop.

I agree Barca post Messi will be bad, but they’ll have more clout than United. No one wants to touch united right now.
Just type random stuff. Makes interesting reading.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I live in Barcelona and their fans are worse and even more clueless than Arsenal’s. And that’s saying something. They deserve some mediocrity and that’s what they’re getting. Take Messi out of the side and they are absolutely useless with a useless manager after several useless managers. I hope they win nothing this season.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I live in Barcelona and their fans are worse and even more clueless than Arsenal’s. And that’s saying something. They deserve some mediocrity and that’s what they’re getting. Take Messi out of the side and they are absolutely useless with a useless manager after several useless managers. I hope they win nothing this season.
Sounds just like United post fergie

The parallels are eerie!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Shithouse run club.

People give United shit, if either Madrid or Barcelona in the PL, they'd be fecked in terms of finishing top 4. The amount of shit house decsion making these clubs get away with because of the weakness of la liga below the top 4...
La Liga really isn't that much weaker than the prem from second down. Barca have been dropping plenty of points away from home this season. And to a degree last season.

They finish top 4 simply because they're a lock to win about 15 games at home. Simply have that aura just like Liverpool at Anfield that has teams beaten before they kick off. Messi can also still run riot at Camp Nou as he showed v Eibar last week scoring four. He can't really influence majority of away games to same degree anymore.

When he's not around anymore their home form will probably drop off a little bit more.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
No it doesn’t, you are clueless we just destroyed you 4-0 in champions league only last year. You’re a Europa team at best

You went for griezmann and failed. Haaland wanted nothing to do with you and neither did neymar.

United are horribly run and a joke, especially as long as Woodward is in charge
How are you even a full member on this forum?

That is the type of shit housery I would expect on the official Manchester United forum not one that has to be vetted through the newbie forum.

You actually have no argument to combat the fact that your organisation is terribly run, your recent mega signings have all flopped (least not forget that Neymar wanted nothing to do with your club, the club who he was actually playing for) and your star player is currently in the twilight of his career and is failing to "reinvent" himself like so many Barcelona fans proclaimed he would.

You're completely hedging your best on the back of a new board magically making the correct decisions the current board is failing to do, while still retaining the same ownership and accountability structure.

You're also completely inacurate on the Haaland deal (it was United that pulled the plug and not the other way around) and I hardly doubt that the links to Greizman were anything more than posturing by Athletico to get the deal over the line. Right now its looking like we dodged a massive bullet that you paid 120 million euros for. I mean, right now we are getting 10x the value out of Daniel James then you are from Greizman and thats playing for a team in transition with the likes of Lingard and Pererira "feeding" him.

BTW to back up the above:

League Form

3 goals and 6 assists for Daniel James (16 million, 21 Y.O. signing from the championship)
8 Goals and 4 asists for Greizman (120 million established World Cup and Europa Star signing from one of your biggest rivals in the league)

So yes, its nice signing big name players... but as we learnt from Falcao, Di Maria etc, it'd be nicer if they actually performed. Funny, our club seems to have learnt that lesson... yours hasnt.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
How are you even a full member on this forum?

That is the type of shit housery I would expect on the official Manchester United forum not one that has to be vetted through the newbie forum.

You actually have no argument to combat the fact that your organisation is terribly run, your recent mega signings have all flopped (least not forget that Neymar wanted nothing to do with your club, the club who he was actually playing for) and your star player is currently in the twilight of his career and is failing to "reinvent" himself like so many Barcelona fans proclaimed he would.

You're completely hedging your best on the back of a new board magically making the correct decisions the current board is failing to do, while still retaining the same ownership and accountability structure.

You're also completely inacurate on the Haaland deal (it was United that pulled the plug and not the other way around) and I hardly doubt that the links to Greizman were anything more than posturing by Athletico to get the deal over the line. Right now its looking like we dodged a massive bullet that you paid 120 million euros for. I mean, right now we are getting 10x the value out of Daniel James then you are from Greizman and thats playing for a team in transition with the likes of Lingard and Pererira "feeding" him.

BTW to back up the above:

League Form

3 goals and 6 assists for Daniel James (16 million, 21 Y.O. signing from the championship)
8 Goals and 4 asists for Greizman (120 million established World Cup and Europa Star signing from one of your biggest rivals in the league)

So yes, its nice signing big name players... but as we learnt from Falcao, Di Maria etc, it'd be nicer if they actually performed. Funny, our club seems to have learnt that lesson... yours hasnt.
You guys have learned your lesson? Haha are you just a homer?

Horrible takes all around. And for the record neymar has been trying to come back for years. Nobody wants to go back to United. You guys are horribly run, that is unarguable. You guys have been doing poorly this year, de gea is falling off, Luke Shaw and linguard make stupid money. You are not anywhere close to a top 5 team.

Griezmann is played out of position, every single team in the world will take Griezmann over Daniel James. Funny how players thrive more once they leave United. Daniel James has yet to score or assist this calendar. NOT ONE.

Oh and let’s not forget the horrible maguire signing. Most expensive defender of all time and for what?!

You guys are run like a joke, the difference is we will get a new board eventually while you will be stuck with the awful Woodward for a long time.

The fact that we are even having this conversation is laughable. You guys got destroyed by a “horribly run organization” in CL and aren’t even close to top 5 in the world

This is the worst Barca side of the last ten years but would still take this squad over United. You have just as awful of a management team as we do in the front office.

But despite all that, far more good players will want to come here whereas united is just a team used to inflate the market. It’s not nearly as desirable as it once was. You guys have been left behind in the premiere league and will continue me when world class players want nothing to do with you. You’ll be a nice stepping stone for up and coming players at best.

I have no issue with United but your takes reek of such blind homerism it is stunning.

I’ll gladly take crap from a Liverpool fan, they’ve been amazing but United are what all the major clubs dread to become right now.

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
@mariachi-19 and @Daysleeper both of your clubs are terribly run. You should be bonding over this not arguing about who's is worst. It like two guys arguing about who won the world's smallest dick prize.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
@mariachi-19 and @Daysleeper both of your clubs are terribly run. You should be bonding over this not arguing about who's is worst. It like two guys arguing about who won the world's smallest dick prize.
I agree, that’s the thing. We are both terribly run, I think our board is our biggest issue! What’s stunning is that there are United fans who don’t think their club is in dire straits.

Halftrack

Horrible takes all around. And for the record neymar has been trying to come back for years. Nobody wants to go back to United. You guys are horribly run, that is unarguable. You guys have been doing poorly this year, de gea is falling off, Luke Shaw and linguard make stupid money. You are not anywhere close to a top 5 team.

Griezmann is played out of position, every single team in the world will take Griezmann over Daniel James. Funny how players thrive more once they leave United. Daniel James has yet to score or assist this calendar. NOT ONE.

Oh and let’s not forget the horrible maguire signing. Most expensive defender of all time and for what?!

You guys are run like a joke, the difference is we will get a new board eventually while you will be stuck with the awful Woodward for a long time.

The fact that we are even having this conversation is laughable. You guys got destroyed by a “horribly run organization” in CL and aren’t even close to top 5 in the world

This is the worst Barca side of the last ten years but would still take this squad over United. You have just as awful of a management team as we do in the front office.

But despite all that, far more good players will want to come here whereas united is just a team used to inflate the market. It’s not nearly as desirable as it once was. You guys have been left behind in the premiere league and will continue me when world class players want nothing to do with you. You’ll be a nice stepping stone for up and coming players at best.

I have no issue with United but your takes reek of such blind homerism it is stunning.

I’ll gladly take crap from a Liverpool fan, they’ve been amazing but United are what all the major clubs dread to become right now.
You argue like a fecking 12 year old. Grow the feck up, christ's sake.

Last edited:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Calm down dude. Your immature hyperbole is not doing you any favours.

mariachi-19

Uniteds recruitment is piss poor, but in terms of how the operational side of the business is performing, it is actually quite good. United as a business continues to grow despite the fact results have been nowhere near good enough for nearly 7 years. If we gain CL football we make record profits as a club. I would concurr with a poster in another thread and say that our operations side is probably running as well if not better than it ever has. If you had combined that with a manager like Sir Alex Ferguson or even Pochettino or Klopp (im excluding Pep Guardiola is my idol because his recruitment is often shit house), we would be light years ahead of any other club on the planet.

mariachi-19

Lovely to see homophobic slurs and this probably isnt the right forum for you champ.

MrPooni

As someone who dropped an unsettling amount of cash to watch Barcelona take absolute liberties with us both in Rome and Wembley, it's fecking mental seeing our two sets of supporters argue over who has been shitter/is going to be shitter. God I feel old.

Last edited:

MrPooni

Lovely to see homophobic slurs and this probably isnt the right forum for you champ.
"Homer" is American sports slang for biased folks who fail to see the shortcomings of their "home team" due to misplaced loyalty.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
As someone who dropped an unsettling amount of cash to watch Barcelona take absolute liberties with us both in the Rome and Wembley CL, it's fecking mental seeing our two sets of supporters argue over who has been shitter/is going to be shitter. God I feel old.
I'm nostlgiac for the old days as well.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
You need to work on your english, I didn't insult you. Someone above gave the definition of a homer, it's a harmless word.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Whereas United are already a dumpster fire. Nothing wrong with being a club in transition but United have been awful for years and Woodward is one of the most clueless in the business. Barca have lots of issues but I’ll take their squad over United’s any day of the week.

Woodward has done some AWFUL signings with di Maria, pogba who wants to leave ASAP, Luke Shaw, Sanchez, lukaku and now de gea has fallen off.

United wouldn’t get top 6 in la liga where teams like Getafe can knock out Ajax.

The reality no big players want to go to United. Even players like Haaland said hell no. United have a dismal future. Worse than Barca’s.
Honestly, don't really care what both of you are arguing. I wish good luck for Barcelona but you got some very ageing squad at the moment and lot of things to do to do clear out and replacement.

We might don't have super star like Suarez, Messi, Pique who are going to be grandpa soon and our past signings were poor. However, what matter is now and future not the past. Right now and also for future, at least as for United, I can be excited with lot of young players in our squad and also combined with non ageing players such as 26 years old like Bruno, Fred & Maguire or even Pogba.

Team like Getafe can knock out Ajax, if that's your reason why we won't get top 4 in La Liga then it's ridiculous logic.
I can also say this to you, City is beating Real in Bernabeu 2-1, while we beat City 2-1 and you got beaten by Real 2-0. As per your ridiculous logic, we should be no 1 in La Liga. :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Honestly, don't really care what both of you are arguing. I wish good luck for Barcelona but you got some very ageing squad at the moment and lot of things to do to do clear out and replacement.

We might don't have super star like Suarez, Messi, Pique who are going to be grandpa soon and our past signings were poor. However, what matter is now and future not the past. Right now and also for future, at least as for United, I can be excited with lot of young players in our squad and also combined with non ageing players such as 26 years old like Bruno, Fred & Maguire or even Pogba.

Team like Getafe can knock out Ajax, if that's your reason why we won't get top 4 in La Liga then it's ridiculous logic.
I can also say this to you, City is beating Real in Bernabeu 2-1, while we beat City 2-1 and you got beaten by Real 2-0. As per your ridiculous logic, we should be no 1 in La Liga. :lol:
He derives logic from any particular game that fits his agenda ignoring everything else.

Eddy_JukeZ

It’s a fact major players don’t want to come to United. Not sure why you’re pretending otherwise. United are a has been club, and like Barca they need to gut the roster.

The difference is we will get a new board with elections while you are stuck with Woodward for years to come.
This is funny.

One side is trending up. The other is trending down and its best players are all on the wrong side of 30.

Eddy_JukeZ

:lol: Where did Barca even find this guy?
To be fair, he's not entirely wrong since Messi/Griezmann can't play together optimally.

But still should have subbed him on sooner in a must win game.

Handré1990

This is funny.

One side is trending up. The other is trending down and its best players are all on the wrong side of 30.
Shiish, no wonder everybody hates Barca. Worst fans in the world. Thank the fantasy in the sky they didn’t win today. Amazing how Real Madrid can be more likeable than any other team, but there you go...

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
This is funny.

Nah, I think Barca are still better than United. Just because united are having a good streak and Barca aren’t doesn’t mean united are gonna be better than Barca.

United may still end up in Europa

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Shiish, no wonder everybody hates Barca. Worst fans in the world. Thank the fantasy in the sky they didn’t win today. Amazing how Real Madrid can be more likeable than any other team, but there you go...
What a dumb post, united to do have issues attracting major stars and finishing with a Europa spot is nothing to write home about.

Eddy_JukeZ

Nah, I think Barca are still better than United. Just because united are having a good streak and Barca aren’t doesn’t mean united are gonna be better than Barca.

United may still end up in Europa
Irrelevant to the point I made.

One team is trending up and has a bright future with its best players all under 30 with likely their best all ahead of them.

The other team is trending down. Their best players are on the wrong side of 30. Locker room issues. And going by their recent spending, it doesn't look likely money will solve the issues either.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The David Moyes of Barcelona Coaches, and they have had some real stinkers in recent years.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Irrelevant to the point I made.

One team is trending up and has a bright future with its best players all under 30 with likely their best all ahead of them.

The other team is trending down. Their best players are on the wrong side of 30. Locker room issues. And going by their recent spending, it doesn't look likely money will solve the issues either.
And my point which you quoted said no major stars want to come to united which is true. The only united player I’d want is Bruno, that’s it. De gea has fallen off a cliff.

And great that your better players are under 30, but if fighting for a Europa spot means success for a club that is just as poorly managed as Barca then what can I tell you. United fans bragging over a good streak is funny

Handré1990

What a dumb post, united to do have issues attracting major stars and finishing with a Europa spot is nothing to write home about.

Well, takes one to know one. You’re on a United forum so you can’t be surprised at being called out for spouting shit like this. Maybe you’re very young, but I remember a time not too long ago when Barca were literal nobodys in the top echelons of the football world. These things change, but the history of great clubs means something. Not that it should matter to you though, you’re the epitome of a Barca fan: insufferable.

Even your point was false, we’ve had plenty of stars come here during our bad spell, how they did here is another matter entirely.