Barcelona will be allowed to sign striker due to Dembele injury

RoyH1

I could understand it if it was a smaller club like Levante or Getafe, but surely Barcelona with the fabled Masia, that wonder of the footballing world can have a substitute striker brought up to fill the gap?

Spaghetti

Mom's
This is why the (understanding) football fan hates FCB. Put into this situation, normal clubs play young players, or players out of position, whereas they go running (probably with cash in hand) to La Liga for this insult to football.

Even worse is that their fans refuse to accept anything resembling criticism towards the club (apart from the players). I should probably add that I’ve lived in Barcelona for nearly 10 years so I have been afforded this insight.

Lynty

What a stupid rule.

Change formation or play a youngster out of position like everyone else does. Farce

Paul_Scholes18

This is just insane. Can a club pretend that crap players are injured so they can buy new ones?
If Barca had Lingard they could just say he is out for the season to replace him etc.
I know they can only buy from their own league so it limits them. Still it is crazy.

They already have Messi and Griezmann fit. How can that be an emergency now?

What is an emergency seems very subjective since I don't think Barca have that many injuries.
I might have missed them, but it is only two injuries. 2 fecking injuries plus a backup keeper out.
I have seen us with 10+ injuries and often around 7 of them defenders.
We played the kids and some of them proved to be good.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why can’t they change formation out of curiosity?
They don't want to play Messi/no striker (as they've done before) .. they don't want to stick Griezmann up front... they don't want to play Fati (who looks pretty decent for such a young player).

Why should they, they're 'more than a club'...

They want their option.

Jordan_mufc

Suarez is injured too. Their only fit attackers at the minute are Messi and Griezmann. Ansu Fati too (16 years old).

It is a bit dodgy - as is literally everything Barcelona do - but it does make sense. They have barely anybody left fit. Self inflicted issue notwithstanding.
Not for me unfortunately. Imagine the Premier league allowed us to sign a striker or midfielder in November. Would've been so unfair. Poor squad management and a bit of bad luck has put them in this position

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not for me unfortunately. Imagine the Premier league allowed us to sign a striker or midfielder in November. Would've been so unfair. Poor squad management and a bit of bad luck has put them in this position
And why didn't they buy someone in the window.... as cover, just in case? A bit like we did.

Cake and eat it.

Paul_Scholes18

They don't want to play Messi/no striker (as they've done before) .. they don't want to stick Griezmann up front... they don't want to play Fati (who looks pretty decent for such a young player).

Why should they, they're 'more than a club'...

They want their option.
Suarez was out way before the window closed. Why not buy then like everyone else?
I guess they knew they could abuse this rule. Still do not make much sense.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This is why the (understanding) football fan hates FCB. Put into this situation, normal clubs play young players, or players out of position, whereas they go running (probably with cash in hand) to La Liga for this insult to football.

Even worse is that their fans refuse to accept anything resembling criticism towards the club (apart from the players). I should probably add that I’ve lived in Barcelona for nearly 10 years so I have been afforded this insight.
Barca actually did this at start of the season when Messi and Suarez weren't available, gave Fati his first proper minutes and also Perez got chances. Both scored in the early games and still involved.

Greizmann and Messi still available. Is Suarez really injured for the season? Could go radical and push Vidal into final third aswell even though he's past his best now.

Just looking at their academy, they have Rey Manaj from Albania who is in their B team. Scored 9 at Albacete last season and also played a couple of times for Inter Milan in the past. 23 next week so surely they could just promote him into the squad unless rules prevent that?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen they loaned Perez out to Roma.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A bit thick considering he's the most like for like cover/replacement for Dembele in the squad.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Don't really understand people in this thread acting as though Barca have gone cap in hand to the Spanish FA and have been given some kind of special dispensation. It's obviously a pre-existing La Liga registration rule and presumably other sides have taken advantage of it in the past. If one of my FC Andorra players goes down with a broken leg in FM, I can make use of it as well :lol: :

stu_1992

Heard of this happening for goalkeepers and while that's a bit weird, I understand it more as it's such a specialized position. But this is ridiculous. Like clearly you can just change tactics and re-gig things a bit and work around it. Players getting injuries is part and parcel of the game and squad management. This would set a stupid precedent, and where do you draw the line? I can't believe any other club in Spain besides the main two would be given such a help. :rolleyes:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It doesn't. It gives an "advantage" to those who didn't, that's not the same as penalising all other teams who did.

And it's not even an advantage since they won't be able to sign anyone that's even remotely as good as Dembele, in this specific case.
Its an advantage as long as they can sign someone better than whoever would play if they didnt. This directly penalises their competitors especially if the signing is within the league.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is it any wonder why Madrid n Barcelona have dominated that league since day one? The Spanish FA and the other La Liga clubs need to grow a backbone. What's the point of a transfer window if you can sign outside it? Goalkeeper emergency loan or free signing I can kind of understand when you have no keepers available. Would ruin the sport seeing outfield players having to play in goal for a few weeks or more. But strikers? No chance. Tough luck would be my answer.

EngimaMK

No idea how anyone can defend this. Honestly fecked up yet people excuse it because "Barcelona boner". This is disgusting. They are the richest club in the world and have loads of b team and youth players. fecking use them. Absolute joke.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There is no perfect management of squads when it comes to injuries though, unless you stockpile 3-5 players per position.

In the case of Barcelona, would you feel it's fair putting the onus on a young player to get you goals that'll win you the league? Or would it be more beneficial to bring in an ageing and experienced striker and have the young player on the bench to come on when the experienced striker has got those goals etc?

Barcelona can indeed just go and pay a release clause, say they activate the release clause of the Getafe striker, who's screwing them, Barcelona for paying the release clause, or themselves as the release clause was easily activated, ie a modest amount for an important player?
It would have been beneficial if they did it in the transfer window and adequetly planned for the fact they have a player who is always injured in Dembele.

Also yes they should be forced if they fail to plan to give youth a chance

Also Getafe would be getting screwed since a release clause should not be able to be activated and a player transfered outside of the transfer window. Again if Barca planned ahead in the Jan window no issue.

Paul_Scholes18

Can Real do it too? What is the rule? One players get injured so you can sign someone else?
Hazard out so Real can bring in a winger too? Messi free near the summer so Real could go for him now or something?
Costa and Morata out for Atletico so they can bring in someone?
If they wanted to sign someone they had the full window to do it.
So since they failed they will given more chances now due to a stupid rule?

They have 2 injuries in the full squad and are allowed this. Is that the minimum number?
Very odd rule.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Don't really understand people in this thread acting as though Barca have gone cap in hand to the Spanish FA and have been given some kind of special dispensation. It's obviously a pre-existing La Liga registration rule and presumably other sides have taken advantage of it in the past. If one of my FC Andorra players goes down with a broken leg in FM, I can make use of it as well :lol: :

Exactly.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It stinks.

It not only strengthens a team that literally just turned down the option to bring in a player two weeks ago, but it will result in them disrupting and unsettling a player from a more modest club and potentially ruin any target that they themselves have for the season.

Corruption in football is just completely open now with no attempts to hide it.

It’s clearly going against the spirit of the rule in that it is not an emergency and their own poor planning has put them in this position.

I hate, really hate, the fact that FCB market themselves in this classy “more than a club” way, and then resort to actions like this when they don’t get their way.

They are a horrible, horrible club, and ridiculously arrogant to boot.

Vicenterubio

Supports
Real Madrid
I´m a Real Madrid supporter and I don´t find any problem about this. This is an established rule in laliga and it´s not a particular favour to barça.

Paul_Scholes18

I´m a Real Madrid supporter and I don´t find any problem about this. This is an established rule in laliga and it´s not a particular favour to barça.
Do they need a transfer window if this is allowed? Someone can just fake one injury to bring a player in.
It said 15 month injury so if you have one bench player you don't need they can just claim he is injured for that time.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Do they need a transfer window if this is allowed? Someone can just fake one injury to bring a player in.
It said 15 month injury so if you have one bench player you don't need they can just claim he is injured for that time.
They can claim whatever they like, there still needs to be an independent evaluation by the FA's doctors. No one is going to take their word for it.

Paul_Scholes18

They can claim whatever they like, there still needs to be an independent evaluation by the FA's doctors. No one is going to take their word for it.
Still it can clearly be abused. Although I guess the gain from only Spanish players might not be that big for the big boys.
Mid table side would need the better sides to let players go to improve most of the time or hope smaller teams let their best players go.

Lynty

OK, so this isn't some special dispensation for Barca. It still shouldn't be a rule. Very shortsighted.

Vicenterubio

Supports
Real Madrid
You cannot fake the injury. There is an independent group of doctors supervising this.

RoyH1

Why didn't Madrid do this for Asensio or Hazard then? Specially the former has been out for a long time?

Paul_Scholes18

You cannot fake the injury. There is an independent group of doctors supervising this.
How much study would they have time to do? Because it might time to figure out how serious one injury is.
They could be corrupt just like the club doctors claiming it is 15 month or not supervise it long enough.
I know Dembele has been out for a long time though.
Although say if Messi gets injured. Would it take weeks looking at that injury before they are allowed to buy anyone?
I guess the player they claim is out can't play for 15 months right? Even if he would be back after 10.

Granted would be hard to fake an injury to someone with no problems at all.
Although if we said Phil Jones would be out for 15 months totally healthy I am sure everyone would agree.

AshRK

Barca and Real are extremely lucky to be a part of this farce league. English clubs don't have such privileges.

Paul_Scholes18

Barca and Real are extremely lucky to be a part of this farce league. English clubs don't have such privileges.
This is why England has gone past Spain now on a national level. Do not buy their way out of trouble, but use the academies and young brittish players ;).
Although the only one who got a chance due to insane amount of injuries is probably Rashford. Might be others too.

C_Senior

Supports
Liverpool fc
My question is this: If they are allowed to sign a player from other laliga team, will the selling club be allowed to sign a replacement and so on?

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
See my post just above yours. What did Real do?
Asensio got injured at the end of July if i recall correctly, meaning they had a month more to sign a replacement had they so wished. Hazard's injury was two months, maybe two and a half, certainly not enough to use the same rule Barcelona want to use now.

AshRK

See my post just above yours. What did Real do?
There is no hidden fact that the league have been favouring the big two for ages. The same happens in Bundesliga, French league and to an extent Serie A. Big boys are here to stay forever, that's not the case with PL. Do you think a club like Liverpool would have not won a league for 30 years had they been in la liga or a club like United will become so mediocre had they been in La liga. I am not saying the league is corrupt but the league benefits big time by having these two big boys stay at the top. They bring money so why not. And it has not just to do with this transfer thing, there have many instances of how Barca and Madrid have pulled their power.

RoyH1

There is no hidden fact that the league have been favouring the big two for ages. The same happens in Bundesliga, French league and to an extent Serie A. Big boys are here to stay forever, that's not the case with PL. Do you think a club like Liverpool would have not won a league for 30 years had they been in la liga or a club like United will become so mediocre had they been in La liga. I am not saying the league is corrupt but the league benefits big time by having these two big boys stay at the top. They bring money so why not. And it has not just to do with this transfer thing, there have many instances of how Barca and Madrid have pulled their power.
How I hate this sanctimonious "the PL can do no wrong and all others are corrupt" bull.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
What a stupid rule.

Change formation or play a youngster out of position like everyone else does. Farce
Agreed, I dont understand what is going on here, part of the game is for manager's having to deal with these type of situations. I remember many times we have played a centre back as a centre forward.

AshRK

How I hate this sanctimonious "the PL can do no wrong and all others are corrupt" bull.
And I hate the fact that one cannot read properly and just like to argue. I clearly said in my reply to you "I am not saying the league is corrupt" and yet you come with a bs.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Agree that it's a bad rule. If you're that injury stricken then lean on your youth players. Only idiot fans would blame the team in such situations for failing to win much.

Can't blame Barcelona for using it though.