Barcelona will be allowed to sign striker due to Dembele injury

DarkRed

And how often has this rule had to be applied? They got an advantage based on a rule every single la liga team agreed on. It wasn’t some made up rule on the spot to favor Barca. Every team in the league knew the deal. Only on this forum are people whining about it and ironically it’s not even Madrid fans, who at least accept the rule even if they don’t love it.

It’s not a big deal.
Is there any evidence that Barca even have intention on using this rule? Looks more like journalists figured out something to write about.
Its been two weeks after the window and release clauses in play it should of took few days, at best they looking at short term loan if anything at all.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Is there any evidence that Barca even have intention on using this rule? Looks more like journalists figured out something to write about.
Its been two weeks after the window and release clauses in play it should of took few days, at best they looking at short term loan if anything at all.
I wanna say they will because we desperately need a #9 but you ha e a point in that it seems like they haven’t contacted any teams yet

Spaghetti

Mom's
Don't really understand people in this thread acting as though Barca have gone cap in hand to the Spanish FA and have been given some kind of special dispensation. It's obviously a pre-existing La Liga registration rule and presumably other sides have taken advantage of it in the past. If one of my FC Andorra players goes down with a broken leg in FM, I can make use of it as well :lol:
Replaced by players they already own, not by other team’s players!

DarkRed

I wanna say they will because we desperately need a #9 but you ha e a point in that it seems like they haven’t contacted any teams yet
I would guess that the idea behind buying Griezmann was for him to play false nine, otherwise there was no god reason to buy a second striker that only played in 4-4-2
I watch a lot of Barca, it is my second favorite team since 1993-1994.

PoTMS

How is it fair Leganes who are in a relegation battle lose their best player and can do nothing about it due to Barcelona activating his release clause?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How is it fair Leganes who are in a relegation battle lose their best player and can do nothing about it due to Barcelona activating his release clause?
It’s absolutely disgraceful. What a joke league.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
6 goals this season :houllier:

4 and a half year contract.

Smores

It really does make a mockery of their league. You'd hope they'll reflect on this rule and change it for next season.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Quite shocking really. You have to feel for Leganes, what an awful position they have found themselves in.
Do I? I assume there had to be unanimity from all clubs before such a rule was put in place, so they only have themselves to blame in that case. I actually can't believe anyone would've agreed to it in the first place tbh.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Could Leganés or any other club have said no? Surely they didn’t have to sell him if they didn’t want to. It’s definitely a rule that they should look at reviewing and changing though.

Tel074

So they buy Leganes top scorer and more or less confirm their relegation. Leganes can't go and buy a replacement?
What a complete and utter load of bullshit

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Could Leganés or any other club have said no? Surely they didn’t have to sell him if they didn’t want to. It’s definitely a rule that they should look at reviewing and changing though.
Funnily enough, I think that Barcelona and Real Madrid will like the consequence of that move. They will most relax the registration rules and allow older players to be played without registrations which means that the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid will be able to stash players in their B teams and have a far bigger team than they currently have.

Okey

This is all so strange. I didn't realise it would operate like a normal transfer. I assumed the selling club would have to be happy to sell, not a unilateral activation of a buyout clause. Especially if it's from the same league, and a club in relegation danger to boot! Feels like Leganes have been royally shafted. Ridiculous rule if it can be used this way to another club's detriment. They'd do well to scrap it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Quotes from director in the thread.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Is there any documentation of when and where exactly Leganes voted in favor of this rule? Looked around a bit, but not speaking any Spanish I couldn't find anything.

Woodzy

The thing is, if a club is allowed to sign a replacement then it could have a whole knock on affect across the entire league with clubs trying to replace players.

The initial signing simply shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

Silas

So they lose a player, the player is not on their books no more. A worse situation than an injury and la Liga says no. It's a comedy league.
Wouldn't really make sense to permit it. All it would do is move the problem into the hands of whichever club Leganes purchase a player from, leading the said club making the same request.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wouldn't really make sense to permit it. All it would do is move the problem into the hands of whichever club Leganes purchase a player from, leading the said club making the same request.
This rule will only make sense is the deal is agreed between two clubs, which means selling club after okay with this. In this case selling club didn't agree and Barca just triggered the release clause.

Now Barca problem is shifted to Leganes.

RedFan84

Supports
Liverpool
Its a stupid rule. Whats even more idiotic is that Barca are allowed to sign a striker and then Leganes who are battling relegation arent. Pretty indicting of La Liga as such

RedFan84

Supports
Liverpool
This rule will only make sense is the deal is agreed between two clubs, which means selling club after okay with this. In this case selling club didn't agree and Barca just triggered the release clause.

Now Barca problem is shifted to Leganes.
Leganes cant buy a striker because they dont have anyone having a 4 month injury.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’m not sure what’s more idiotic - the rule or the fact Barca have given him a 4.5 year contract.

Doracle

It feels as though everyone just forgot about minimum release clauses when they put this rule in place and just assumed that the club purchasing a player would do so with consent of the “selling” club. It’s a perfectly sensible rule if activating release clauses isn’t permitted. It will obviously get changed/scrapped after this but that’s no conciliation for Leganes.

Sad Chris

Barca are going to go for a very cheap player who will play twice a month at the most. It doesn’t really move the needle.
People crying tears over nothing.
It won’t move the needle significantly at all for the squad problems.
Only on this forum are people whining about it and ironically it’s not even Madrid fans, who at least accept the rule even if they don’t love it.

It’s not a big deal.
It‘s one thing to stick up for your club because they‘re playing within the rules, but to ignorantly state that it‘s not a big deal or it doesn‘t move the needle is very poor and completely false.

RedFan84

Supports
Liverpool
Leganes were doing a pretty good recovery job prior to this. Probably could have been out of relegation zone with a couple of wins. This selfishness on the part of Barca mostly due to their own ineptitude probably condemns them for relegation. And people wonder why they are despised so much. A relegation would cost Leganes much more than 18m

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Most ridiculous thing about this is Barca have spent close to £30m on Martin fecking Braithwaite. No one wins in this. :lol:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Good ole La Liga, one rule for the elite clubs, another rule for everyone else.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
There really needs to be more uproar over this. It's outrageous. What are other fans in Spain saying about it? Anyone visit any forums? I imagine they're all pissed. And rightly so.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Makes me realise our emergency forward signing wasn’t so bad after all. I mean, he scored about 3 goals in the championship ffs.