Barcelona will be allowed to sign striker due to Dembele injury

flappyjay

Wouldn't really make sense to permit it. All it would do is move the problem into the hands of whichever club Leganes purchase a player from, leading the said club making the same request.
Thats why it's comedy situation. When they came up with the rule they should have thought about the chain reaction. So the rule is useless because it helps the club with the injured player but fecks the one losing the player.

NoLogo

Wow I only just read about all that 13 Ventures and Barcagate debacle and holy shit. I always thought of Bartomeu as a bit of a hack that was slowly but surely ruining Barca through his incompetency but man is this guy a crook and the latest episode around the Braithwaite deal, even if everything was done legally, hasn't really improved that impression.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
It‘s one thing to stick up for your club because they‘re playing within the rules, but to ignorantly state that it‘s not a big deal or it doesn‘t move the needle is very poor and completely false.
Leganes have won one game in their last five and still have to play Barca, Real Madrid and Sevilla

Valencia just asked for an emergency transfer:

https://www.football-espana.net/202...transfer-of-real-madrid-defender-javi-sanchez

And Real Madrid and real sociedad took advantage of the rule in recent years as well.

Again, yes it’s a shame leganes can’t sign a replacement, and the Barca board is scummy is hell (perhaps Bartemou is gone before seasons end as they are trying to force early elections)

But leganes remaining schedule is brutal although they should’ve been allowed to sign a replacement.

Blame the rule, don’t blame Barca.
Other teams took advantage of it in the last. They need to amend the rule moving forward but everything Barca did was legal even if the board needs to go.

Last edited:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Sad Chris

Leganes have won one game in their last five and still have to play Barca, Real Madrid and Sevilla

Valencia just asked for an emergency transfer:

https://www.football-espana.net/202...transfer-of-real-madrid-defender-javi-sanchez

And Real Madrid and real sociedad took advantage of the rule in recent years as well.

Again, yes it’s a shame leganes can’t sign a replacement, and the Barca board is scummy is hell (perhaps Bartemou is gone before seasons end as they are trying to force early elections)

But leganes remaining schedule is brutal although they should’ve been allowed to sign a replacement.

Blame the rule, don’t blame Barca.
Other teams took advantage of it in the last. They need to amend the rule moving forward but everything Barca did was legal even if the board needs to go.
If you reread my post, you’ll see I didn‘t blame Barca, I complained about your ignorance towards the fact that it is a big deal for a different club. If you like it or not, their season isn‘t worthless to their team, staff and supporters just because it‘s likely they‘ll be relegated.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Just out of curiosity, which player bought Madrid with that rule? In the case of Barça, it was a matter of days that they sold Carles Perez and Dembélé was injured, but why do they sell Carles Perez and loan Abel Ruiz if Suárez is injured?
I agree that the board is moronic, I’d much rather keep Perez than sign Braithwaite. I have no idea what they’re doing, and I don’t think they do either.

As for Madrid, let me look up who they signed, need to dig up the article that mentioned when the emergency signing rule was taken advantage of in the past

Silas

This rule will only make sense is the deal is agreed between two clubs, which means selling club after okay with this. In this case selling club didn't agree and Barca just triggered the release clause.

Now Barca problem is shifted to Leganes.
Thats why it's comedy situation. When they came up with the rule they should have thought about the chain reaction. So the rule is useless because it helps the club with the injured player but fecks the one losing the player.
Yep. In isolation, the rule isn't completely terrible, but combining it with forced release clauses makes it a farce. Would be interesting to know which rule was agreed to by the clubs first.

UDontMessWith24

Can you imagine the meltdown (and it would be a justified one) if we were allowed to do this during the SAF years. It’s ok though they’re Barcelona and they grace the world with their beautiful football so not only should they be allowed to sign players whenever they want, but all La Liga clubs should offer them one forward off their squad as tribute.