Barcelona will be allowed to sign striker due to Dembele injury

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

It's weird that clubs are allowed to sign players outside the transfer window, just because one player had long term injury.

Apparently they can sign players only from La Liga.

roonster09

Scout
Also if Barca can sign player from Getafe, will Getafe get the chance to sign replacement outside the transfer window?

Who sanctioned that? :lol: The Spanish I guess? That's up there with Madrid's government land deals.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I'm not sure how this works. Is it a UEFA rule or a la liga rule and will whoever they buy be eligible for European competition? Also how long does the injury have to be to get emergency clearance, I wonder if Rashford or Pogba would have qualified. This doesn't feel right.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I only understand it for goalkeeper injuries. Not for outfield players

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What sort of rule is that :lol:

Surely the new signing can't play in Champions League games.

Skills

Snitch
It sounds fair enough as long as the injured player is not allowed to play for at least "X" number of months.

roonster09

Scout
It sounds fair enough as long as the injured player is not allowed to play for at least "X" number of months.
How is it fair, what if some back up player is injured and club goes on to sign better player.

Paul_Scholes18

Totally insane. Why is this the case? Can we pretend that Lingard and Pereira are injured so we can sign another midfielder?
Why not use your famous academy like other clubs are doing.

When we have had 15 players out with injuries in the past could we have done the same?

Feels like corruption at the highest level here. Madrid must be angry like feck.
They ever had transfer bans before and now allowed stuff like this.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What's happened to Suarez and Messi? Griezmann?

Absolute bullshit. They have just had a transfer window, they've got a squad, nobody else's fault but their own that they're stupid.

I understand when all 3-4 goalkeepers are injured, that's freaky.

It's not like Barcelona always play with strikers anyway, or another outfield player can't fill that role.

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine the meltdown on here if something like that happened with Liverpool :lol: rightfully so really, that's bizarre. How can you take a league seriously with that sort of special treatment.

pascell

This can't be allowed can it? How unfair it is on other clubs, especially one that will have to sell their main striker??
Well personally I don't think it's that unfair as all the clubs in the league will have had to vote for it to be implemented in the first place. I'm sure it's a rule that if you have two players from the same or similar position out for the season then you're allowed to sign a replacement, which I find quite fair tbh and think the PL should implement something similar.

When Pogba and McTominay first got their injuries, we should've been able to bring in a replacement under certain circumstances, ie the player must be a loan and hasn't started a certain amount of games for their club like Llorente. It would keep teams being able to compete and ensure further injuries don't occur to other players due to over playing them because of injuries.

pascell

Imagine the meltdown on here if something like that happened with Liverpool :lol: rightfully so really, that's bizarre. How can you take a league seriously with that sort of special treatment.
It isn't any kind of special treatment though, all clubs get the same, these are rules that have been voted for.

Righteous Steps

It isn't any kind of special treatment though, all clubs get the same, these are rules that have been voted for.
And the player can play in CL? That’s unfair the PL should introduce the same if that’s the case.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
So a small club votes against it and now Barca can buy one of their strikers away from them. Very fair.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
They’re allowed a squad of 25 players, with unlimited eligibility for u21s. It’s their fault if they are left short.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What's happened to Suarez and Messi? Griezmann?

Absolute bullshit. They have just had a transfer window, they've got a squad, nobody else's fault but their own that they're stupid.

I understand when all 3-4 goalkeepers are injured, that's freaky.

It's not like Barcelona always play with strikers anyway, or another outfield player can't fill that role.
Suarez is injured too. Their only fit attackers at the minute are Messi and Griezmann. Ansu Fati too (16 years old).

It is a bit dodgy - as is literally everything Barcelona do - but it does make sense. They have barely anybody left fit. Self inflicted issue notwithstanding.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Although, in England, transfers between clubs in the same league can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June. International transfers into the English leagues (including the Premier League) cannot be made until the window has opened on 17 May. Outside the transfer window, a club may still sign players on an emergency basis, usually if they have no goalkeeper available. Special dispensation from their competition's governing body, for example the Premier League,
So they have to get emergency dispensation from La Liga, I thought this only worked for goalkeepers but obviously not so.

roonster09

Scout
Well personally I don't think it's that unfair as all the clubs in the league will have had to vote for it to be implemented in the first place. I'm sure it's a rule that if you have two players from the same or similar position out for the season then you're allowed to sign a replacement, which I find quite fair tbh and think the PL should implement something similar.

When Pogba and McTominay first got their injuries, we should've been able to bring in a replacement under certain circumstances, ie the player must be a loan and hasn't started a certain amount of games for their club like Llorente. It would keep teams being able to compete and ensure further injuries don't occur to other players due to over playing them because of injuries.
Transfers shouldn't be allowed outside the window and free agent window is closed around March if i'm not wrong.

Rules like this are easy to abuse. Teams are allowed 25 players in their registered squad and also U21 players.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
The feck is this crap. How is that fair to the other clubs?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't understand how they have managed to tie themsleves in such knots to be so affected to be so impacted by an injury or two.

Suarez is injured too. Their only fit attackers at the minute are Messi and Griezmann. Ansu Fati too (16 years old).

It is a bit dodgy - as is literally everything Barcelona do - but it does make sense. They have barely anybody left fit. Self inflicted issue notwithstanding.
Doesn’t make sense as Barcelona have a B team who most probably have loads of fit attackers. Thats what any other club would have to do - play the youngsters.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Why do people care? Let them pay through their nose to get an above average striker who will probably never feature when most of the team is fit.

Getafe is in the middle of the top 4 race, they'll never sell their leading striker now.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Why do people care? Let them pay through their nose to get an above average striker who will probably never feature when most of the team is fit.

Getafe is in the middle of the top 4 race, they'll never sell their leading striker now.
What if they just activate a clause?

pascell

And the player can play in CL? That’s unfair the PL should introduce the same if that’s the case.
If he's not in the registered squad for the CL then he won't be able to.

So a small club votes against it and now Barca can buy one of their strikers away from them. Very fair.
Have Getafe voted against it? It only says he's on their radar, not that they'll sign him.