Bardsley joins Martin at 'Gers.

MUFCTheReligion

Manchester's got everything except a beach!
Excellent move for us and them. I think they will come back with a lot of vital experience, and can really put pressure on the first team players.

Especially Martin, Bardsley i'm not sure is ready yet.

They can learn a lot of LeGuen too, good luck to them, could be big stars in our future.

BBC said:
Rangers have signed Manchester United left winger Lee Martin on a loan deal until the end of the year.
The 19-year-old, signed from Wimbledon in 2003, passed a medical and agreed terms with the Glasgow club.

And he said: "I know a lot of the players by name only. I used to play football computer games and Rangers were one of the teams.

"Now these are the guys I will be training with, so I am looking forward to meeting them all."

Martin, for whom United could have to pay £1m if he reaches agreed targets, spent the second half of last season in Belgium with Royal Antwerp.

And he featured in many of United's pre-season friendlies and impressed in Glasgow two weeks ago when Manchester United defeated Celtic 3-0.

But he has only played once for the United first-team in a competitive game and is not yet seen as ready for the Premiership.

Now he is hoping to develop under new Rangers manager Paul Le Guen.

"I am delighted to come to such a club as Rangers," he said.

"It is unbelievable and I have high expectations during my loan period.

"The whole reason for me coming here is to improve as a player on and off the pitch.

"It is amazing that I was in Glasgow just a couple of weeks ago to play for Manchester United against Celtic and now here I am signing for Rangers.

"I know this is a new period for Rangers with a new manager and new players so for me to come in and be a part of it is really exciting."

Le Guen is hopeful that Rangers can retain the services of the youngsters beyond the end of the year.

"He has signed until December but we hope to get him until the end of the season.

"Alex Ferguson wants the possibility to take him back and I understand that.

"But there is a very good chance that we could keep him until the end of the season.

"We know Manchester United are a great club and to have a good relationship with their manager and the club is good for us."

Le Guen stressed that the signing of Martin does not indicate any unhappiness with the form of Charlie Adam, who is currently playing on the left side of midfield.

Adam had impressed in pre-season after spending last season on loan to St Mirren.

"I am perfectly happy at the moment with Charlie, even though he came off at half-time in the last game with Dundee United, but we needed someone else for this position," he added.

BBC said:
Rangers have taken Manchester United defender Phil Bardsley on loan until the end of the year.
The 21-year-old right-back joins Old Trafford team-mate Lee Martin, who made a similar switch to Ibrox last week.

Bardsley spent the end of last season on loan at Burnley and featured in United's pre-season friendlies against Celtic, Porto and Seville.

He made his United debut in December 2003 and has featured 17 times for the first team.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Lee Martin was a complete hit at Antwerp.

miah

Did Lee Martin provide the cross for the second goal? Didnt really see the game in the second half but he did well in the first half and the Ranger fans cheer almost everytime he got the ball. Bardsley got some treatment on the pitch too, not sure what is it for.

stevetheskier

miah said:
Did Lee Martin provide the cross for the second goal? Didnt really see the game in the second half but he did well in the first half and the Ranger fans cheer almost everytime he got the ball. Bardsley got some treatment on the pitch too, not sure what is it for.
More info in the 'United Players on Loan 06/07' thread in the United forum, I will be keeping a close eye on both the players at Rangers and posting regular reports.