6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

We're signing my favourite player in world football now that Scholes has retired. Just an unreal feeling.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
This feels so surreal. I guess I won't totally grasp the magnitude of what's happened here until I see him being presented in our kit. Such a happy day!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
This really did escalate rather quickly.

The squad overhaul is going well if you ask me.

Iron Stove

Fans booing at the Bayern team presentation when our Schweiny is discussed. :drool:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
While it's still awaiting confirmation, it's all but done and we can start to think about chants.

I hear they just chant "Fuβballgott" at him...

Also, for our German speakers, YouTube throws up a few songs in his honour. This one has 254,000+ views - DankeBasti.

Sam

I really do hope we use him carefully, manage his fitness and game time. Maybe pick between him and Carrick for that #6 role, so both get plenty of rest and hopefully reduce then risk of injuries, then maybe use both for the 'big' games?

If we're planning to use him every week, with the physicality and pace of the league, I think we're asking for trouble.

Fully Fledged

Fantastic news. He's the all action midfielder we have been missing since Keane left. Now on to Schniderlin Woody. Could he be our third signing before Monday?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I keep thinking of this moment from two seasons ago after Schweinsteiger was sent off at Old Trafford.

They're now team mates :drool:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Unbelievable signing. Cracking addition by all accounts. Welcome to Manchester Basti.

FC Ronaldo

More proof that the press know very little but when shit gets done, Woodhard moves in like a ninja with swift, decisive action to get what he (Louis) wants.

Skills

Snitch
I really do hope we use him carefully, manage his fitness and game time. Maybe pick between him and Carrick for that #6 role, so both get plenty of rest and hopefully reduce then risk of injuries, then maybe use both for the 'big' games?

If we're planning to use him every week, with the physicality and pace of the league, I think we're asking for trouble.
I'm guessing he'll be first choice for the Champions League games, with Carrick first choice for the league at least to start the season with.

Moonred

Good job by the club. Big player, can see him having an impact ala pirlo for Juve. It will be incredible seeing him in the red of United.

krazyrobus

Class signing but i worry about his injuries. We need him on the pitch, not yet another new project for our medical staff.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What the shit? I thought this was just tabloid news when I heard about early this morning. Now it's been announced by the club? Blimey.

Down to the important stuff. Squad number. Bin Evans and give him the 6?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Good signing. He'll bring character and presence to the team in a way that Carrick can't, and he's definitely a man for the big occasion. Won't be at his lung-busting best or controlling games like he used to, but now we know we not only have a great alternative to Carrick for defensive midfield, but an extra midfielder for when we really want to further control games without sacrificing stability/balance (à la Mata). And of course, two masters of the deep-lying playmaking trade to pass on their knowledge to Blind, hopefully Schneiderlin, and possibly Verratti :smirk:.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Can't wait to see him in action. He will bring that slickness to us in midfield. Hope he remains fit, probably rotate with Carrick when needed

FC Ronaldo

Think Schweini may work well beside Carrick but if required, I can see Carrick moving into defence alongside Smalling when required for extra control too.

Re; squad number - Fellaini is 31 if Schweini wants brand continuity.

shabz

He is definitely going to be a plus for us in the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.