Bastian Schweinsteiger interview

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
yeah that was the whole issue at the time, Mourinho didn’t think he was injured.. and if he was, he could still have supported the team right?
It happened in August 2016, he was till rehabbing. And him supporting the team from the stands is utterly useless, personally I would allow players to be with their family especially when it's something that can be difficult to schedule in normal circumstance but I'm likely a lunatic.

Also he was already ostracized and demoted by Mourinho.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That's what I remember but what kind of club would reject that request? You have a player who is injured and has the rare opportunity to spend quality time with his spouse who is also a professional athlete and has a similarly tight schedule. You have to be the biggest asshole on the planet to require that player to be in the stands and clap.
Well we did have some of the biggest assholes in charge!

That interview did shed some light on a few things, Red Nev certainly pricked his ears up and put on his union hat, but he wasn't brave enough to say the sausage wasn't to his liking!

lex talionis

I watched the whole interview this morning. Fukking douchebags ran the club for too long. And it wasn't just Bastian, whose accomplishments on the pitch exceeded those of anyone else in the squad by a mile, who was treated badly. Ander Herrera as well, and the manner in which we kicked David De Gea out the door was appalling.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I watched the whole interview this morning. Fukking douchebags ran the club for too long. And it wasn't just Bastian, whose accomplishments on the pitch exceeded those of anyone else in the squad by a mile, who was treated badly. Ander Herrera as well, and the manner in which we kicked David De Gea out the door was appalling.
And Jose proved what a big cnut he is, though to be fair he did apologize to him later which is more than the other have ever done

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Didn't do a lot to alleviate the notion that he was just at United for the paycheck whilst counting the days to his retirement.
Sure, but optics aren't reality.
That's what I remember but what kind of club would reject that request? You have a player who is injured and has the rare opportunity to spend quality time with his spouse who is also a professional athlete and has a similarly tight schedule. You have to be the biggest asshole on the planet to require that player to be in the stands and clap.
And he did actually come to watch some of our games during that time. I think the whole thing is just salty fans who needed a scapegoat as they thought he was pulling a fast one. So they exaggerated what's actually happening in order to intensify their rebuke. Because when you think about it an injured player who can't play or train doesn't have to report to the training ground every day. Neither do they have to be in the stadium to watch every match.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
+100

I was shocked listening to the interview. They treated him like trash, one of the best players of his time, why? Why? Absolutely bizarre

Lee565

What was telling was when he said that the players that went out of their way to welcome him and help him settle were all players that played under fergie, it shows the real lack of leadership and togetherness at the club once fergie retired, its probably not a surprise that once we all but lost the remaining stalwart players that played under fergie, the dressing room become a mess and mentality of side crumbled

sugar_kane

Said it at the time, this guy was class and we managed to f*ck things up
How did we feck it up? Did he have a single great game for us?

We mistreated him for certain but he was already finished at the top level.

Last edited:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Woodward- a wamker that should never have been let anywhere near the club. His bosses, obviously. Hopefully some dignity restored in the SJR era. Poor Jim today having to indulge one of the leeches for 120 minutes plus penos

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I wonder what could have been, if they didn't treat Bastian shitty

Back then we had no idea what was going behind the scenes and assumed he declined, but if the guy wasn't even allowed to train with the squad... Who knows what could have been