Gaming Batman Arkham Knight

el3mel

It'll definitely have coop online mode. I just hope they won't make it only competitive and add microtransactions on it. Just make it playable solo or coop and I'll be fine.

Moby

Dick
I finally got around playing this. Got all the expansions as well and quite enjoyed it overall. Apart from obviously taking on 50 tanks with the batmobile for the 100th time. But I liked the spread of playable and NPCs. Definitely felt some good variety in the actual story missions and DLCs.

I am just finishing last couple of things before activating knightfall.

AaronRedDevil

This game is brilliant. But my god the batmobile was very fun to drive but hated how it was all centres around it. I hope Gotham Knights is good.

Moby

Dick
It's not so much that they were hard, more than they were tedious. And once you'd fought 25 drone tanks in a confined area by strafing to the left a bit, you didn't need 45 other missions where you did exactly the same thing, in a virtually identical setting. I quite liked the Firefly missions, and the tunnel drill battle/chase near the end, 'cos you were actually using your car for something car-like and cool. The other 90% of them felt like a cluttered version of Robot Wars on coke.
Same. I'll add the chasing the APCs to that list. Whenever you actually chased and gunned down stuff with the BM it was great.

choccy77

I started playing but then just never returned to it after playing Red or Dead 2

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah, I really liked this game. One of the best-looking games as well. Even going back to it now it looks great. The batmobile sections were just kind of there. They weren't awful, but they were a part of the game where you just endured as opposed to truly enjoying. The rest of the game was super fun though. Using the grappling gun to traverse the city was great. Obviously, the Spider-Man game came along and made traversing a city way better, but at the time it was awesome.

el3mel

I really miss playing these Batman games.

Come on, release a new one already.

caid

Same team are working on a Suicide Squad game at the moment aren't they?

LoneStar

It has great attention to detail. The things the thugs on the streets (in the background) say is genuinely funny or insightful.

NM

I'm replaying the whole series right now. Started with Asylum, wrapping up City (can't complete all the missions since Azrael has glitched and I can't scan the symbol!) going to do a trial of PSNow to get Origins and then will play Knight. Loved it other than the batmobile tanks... This and God of War are probably my two favorite game series. Then GTA etc.

el3mel

Same team are working on a Suicide Squad game at the moment aren't they?
Indeed they're.

And we're also getting Gotham Knights which from WB Montreal, which will be action RPG (and that makes me worried).

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Asylum & City were exceptional games, I wasn’t as keen on Knight but a very enjoyable series. Hopefully after Rocksteady are done with the Suicide Squad game, they’ll release another Batman game.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I did more damage to Gotham with my Batmobile than any antagonist could ever dream of.

caid

Asylum & City were exceptional games, I wasn’t as keen on Knight but a very enjoyable series. Hopefully after Rocksteady are done with the Suicide Squad game, they’ll release another Batman game.
I'm ok with them moving on to other stuff tbh. The 3 they released felt like they covered everything and there wasn't much else you could do with the series. They come off as way too good a developer to waste on rehashing the same game endlessly. They have the guys who made Origins to cover that anyway.

Superunknown

I finally got around playing this. Got all the expansions as well and quite enjoyed it overall. Apart from obviously taking on 50 tanks with the batmobile for the 100th time. But I liked the spread of playable and NPCs. Definitely felt some good variety in the actual story missions and DLCs.

I am just finishing last couple of things before activating knightfall.
It's a great game and I had a fun time with it. But, I do feel that the batmobile sections ruin the game and become very tedious very quickly. There's an initial cool factor, but it quickly wears off. Looking back on it, I think I had a more fun time with Arkham City, which seemed to have got the balance right with scaling things up from Asylum, with fun traversal elements, yet managing a good mixture of main and side story sections. Arkham Knight took the City model and scaled it up even further, but perhaps to the point where it became a bit too bloated, in my opinion.

I'd like to give the game another go at some point and see how my feelings change towards it. It's still very fun and the combat is so satisfying.

I wouldn't mind at all if somebody came out and made a much more streamlined and linear Batman game, in the style of something like The Last of Us or Uncharted in terms of progression.

caid

It's a great game and I had a fun time with it. But, I do feel that the batmobile sections ruin the game and become very tedious very quickly. There's an initial cool factor, but it quickly wears off. Looking back on it, I think I had a more fun time with Arkham City, which seemed to have got the balance right with scaling things up from Asylum, with fun traversal elements, yet managing a good mixture of main and side story sections. Arkham Knight took the City model and scaled it up even further, but perhaps to the point where it became a bit too bloated, in my opinion.

I'd like to give the game another go at some point and see how my feelings change towards it. It's still very fun and the combat is so satisfying.

I wouldn't mind at all if somebody came out and made a much more streamlined and linear Batman game, in the style of something like The Last of Us or Uncharted in terms of progression.
First game was fairly well contained. I think it was the strongest in a lot of ways. Though the other 2 had their own merits.

Adamsk7

Asylum and City are two of the best games I’ve ever played - City especially because the gliding mechanic added so much and you really felt like Batman. I enjoyed Origins because some of the boss battles were genuinely great and the forensic study part is the only time in modern media where they’ve really nailed the “detective” aspect of Batman.
Arkham Knight though….bit of a let down. It’s the Batmobile that does it. The one thing we all wanted that should have been the most enjoyable part of the game became the most dull and repetitive. I actively tried to ignore it as much as possible because those tank fights were truly terrible.

Superunknown

First game was fairly well contained. I think it was the strongest in a lot of ways. Though the other 2 had their own merits.
I only got around to playing Asylum years after City and I do agree that it is stronger in many ways. I really like the scope of City and Knight, but there's something a bit tighter about Asylum that's very appealing.

Moby

Dick
The one thing we all wanted that should have been the most enjoyable part of the game became the most dull and repetitive
Yeah that's their big mistake. They thought they came up with something awesome and want to Center the game around it but they shouldn't have given the Batman stuff the backseat.

Like I really enjoyed catching the creature of the night. Would have loved some more stuff involving gliding around off of tall buildings and doing mid air stuff.

Adamsk7

Yeah that's their big mistake. They thought they came up with something awesome and want to Center the game around it but they shouldn't have given the Batman stuff the backseat.

Like I really enjoyed catching the creature of the night. Would have loved some more stuff involving gliding around off of tall buildings and doing mid air stuff.
Funnily enough the Man-Bat bit was my favourite too as it felt exactly like the 90’s cartoon. I’m hopeful they’ll revisit the series one day and learn from the mistakes of Knight. Until then at least there are the Spider-Man games which borrowed a lot from Rocksteady.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Bumping an old thread but got to playing this since it was free on GamePass and the previous Arkham games were some of the best I've ever played.

The batmobile missions are such a f*cking chore and repetitive to the point that I'm considering not continuing with the game. I'm on the Cloudburst mission and after toiling through the previous missions taking out the same tanks and cobras, I now have to face that dumbass cloudburst that I have to run away from everytime I hit with, which is obviously difficult because of the sh*t controls on the car.

Such a disappointment this game has been, the normal combat is ofcourse great as always (loved the mission at the Studio right before this Cloudburst nonsense), but being forced to play long missions in the batmobile are just infuritating.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Bumping an old thread but got to playing this since it was free on GamePass and the previous Arkham games were some of the best I've ever played.

The batmobile missions are such a f*cking chore and repetitive to the point that I'm considering not continuing with the game. I'm on the Cloudburst mission and after toiling through the previous missions taking out the same tanks and cobras, I now have to face that dumbass cloudburst that I have to run away from everytime I hit with, which is obviously difficult because of the sh*t controls on the car.

Such a disappointment this game has been, the normal combat is ofcourse great as always (loved the mission at the Studio right before this Cloudburst nonsense), but being forced to play long missions in the batmobile are just infuritating.
I didn't love this game. There is a Batmobile boss stage later in the game that nearly caused me to smash my controller in frustration :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

That was it’s one serious flaw. It’s otherwise really good. It was also the first game I played on the PS4 so I remember being absolutely floored by its (for me) next gen visuals.

On another note, I tried it out recently and it looks horrific on the PS5. All blurry and seems to run at 20 fps. I wish developers would make the effort of adding patches for next gen consoles - too many just leave these games lying about

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That was it’s one serious flaw. It’s otherwise really good. It was also the first game I played on the PS4 so I remember being absolutely floored by its (for me) next gen visuals.

On another note, I tried it out recently and it looks horrific on the PS5. All blurry and seems to run at 20 fps. I wish developers would make the effort of adding patches for next gen consoles - too many just leave these games lying about
It seems to run fine on the Series X, though I didn't play it on XOne so can't give a comparison.

But yea the combat missions are great, like in previous games. More difficult to be honest with the more varied opponents as well, takes some getting used to, but still fun.

I'll try one more time to finish that Cloudburst mission because I would suspect we can get back to combat missions after that.

Woodzy

Can’t believe they somehow made the Batmobile the most boring part of the game. Surely it’s harder to do that than to make it actually fun?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Arkham games, especially Asylum and City, are some of the best I've ever played. Origins extremely underrated for me too, boss fights in those games were fantastic and the story through all the games, just mint.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Great game, 2 major flaws though for me. Too much batmobile and no proper boss fight. There is a bomb to defuse which got about 48 total ennemies to detroy :lol:, those fecking choppers. I have no idea how I completed it