Gaming Batman Arkham Knight

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Only about 20 riddles left to get. I spent a stupid amount of hours today at this game

90% of the game is complete

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I know its been said multiple times already but I really would like to hit the person who decided to add 243 riddler challenges across the head, 243 times.

I don't mind them as a concept, some are actually quite interesting but after say 50 of them I've had my fill. I really want to 100% the story on this but I'm about 120 odd short.......on the flipside I've not much to play until MGS5 gets here so I might just continue to waste my time for no reason doing it, the ending better be worth it.

243 though, just how did that arrive at that number?
I was planning on doing them all as I like the game and wanted to get the best ending. But after seeing there were over 200 I decided nope. It's a crazy number to go for

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
I've lost all interest in finishing this, which is pretty bad.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I've lost all interest in finishing this, which is pretty bad.
Haven't played this in a while - not sure why. I think its because it's full-on - although it is open world, the feeling it gives me is less playing it, than strapping yourself in for the ride.

With GTA, there is more variety and change of pace which I prefer.

Am sure I will get around to finishing it, but it doesn't have a strong pull.

Makes me also realise just how good GTA is for keeping me interested nearly 2 years after launch. Best game I have played without a doubt.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Got this yesterday, haven't started the main story yet but have finished the DLC since they're both prequel-based. The Harley Quinn pre-order one is piss poor. 3 arenas and a crap boss fight. Once I thought it was just getting a little interesting, that was the ending. One of the worst add-ons I've played.

The Batgirl DLC is a bit better but not by much, very short but at least it's in a big area with some collectibles (if you're into that...) and has an interesting boss fight. Not worth buying though, in my opinion.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I've only realised you can use the batmobile for some of the military checkpoints, what a spanner I am.

Leg-End

Finally 100%, some of the riddler trophies were interesting and by the end it didn't take nearly as long as I'd thought. True ending was alright, felt short though.

Also did the Harley DLC which was fun whilst it lasted, which was about 15 minutes.

Eriku

Just started this last night... That first Joker moment gave me bad jolt :lol:

After having mainly played Dark Souls 1, 2 and Bloodborne the past half year, it's strange to go back to a game where you can mash buttons for success ;P

Still, beautiful game, and I like the way you can get more air-time with the grappling hook and such, and the batmobile's pretty sweet :)

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Just started this last night... That first Joker moment gave me bad jolt :lol:

After having mainly played Dark Souls 1, 2 and Bloodborne the past half year, it's strange to go back to a game where you can mash buttons for success ;P

Still, beautiful game, and I like the way you can get more air-time with the grappling hook and such, and the batmobile's pretty sweet :)
Happened to a good few of us! There are other similar moments too.

I'm working my way through the riddler trophies as I've done everything else bar the last 7 of the high/extreme road bombs left to do, and I'm just not that good with the batmobile, so I'll have to leave them go a while.

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
This game is frustrating as hell sometimes!

Just spent about 2 hours trying to destroy the Cloudburst tank... It always manages to trap me somewhere and ruin me. So annoying, just can't finish it off. Had to turn it off and take a break otherwise the disc was going out the window!

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Riddler trophies are the absolute worst thing invented in gaming. The ones that get me the most are the ones in Stagg Airships etc, where you can't mark them and so have to guess which level the trophies are on. Pointless.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I don't even bother with the Riddler trophies anymore. They're too boring.

I went through the game again in story plus mode, got to the last part involving the joker and it's glitched and won't let me past that part, un-fecking-real.

Anyway it's a good game but the batmobile missions keep it from being a great game, every second mission requiring you to shoot dozens of drone's and militia tanks was incredibly dull and repetitive.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

Just spent about 2 hours trying to destroy the Cloudburst tank... It always manages to trap me somewhere and ruin me. So annoying, just can't finish it off. Had to turn it off and take a break otherwise the disc was going out the window!
Ya, it takes time. Especially when it chases you. If you get down to the part where you just shoot it on the front power source, just go in front of it and keep shooting, while boosting backwards with X. His armour will drop earlier than the batmobiles. It worked for me the second time.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I guessed that
the Arkham Knight was Jason! They made it quite obvious. Not finished the whole story yet so don't ruin anything beyond this!

Duffy

Still not bothered to finish it yet. Sadly got to say I feel let down.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The gripes are unfair

The driving was introduced to mix things up. Otherwise it would have been identical to the previous game and people would have moaned about that.

I actually think the batmobile controls mechanics are very good in this

The riddler trophies are challenging at times but that's good too. You can't claim to have finished the game unless you collect em all IMO

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

The key for me was to find a large building and keep moving around to create a wall of separation after each time you get a shot in.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Still not bothered to finish it yet. Sadly got to say I feel let down.
Wouldn't say I feel let down, but just don't have the compulsion to play it. Can't really figure out why that is - in no way do I consider it a bad game, or anything like that.

Duffy

Wouldn't say I feel let down, but just don't have the compulsion to play it. Can't really figure out why that is - in no way do I consider it a bad game, or anything like that.
Same as, just don't think it has eternal pulling power.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think they put all those stupid riddler trophies to prolong the game, after the main story the other side missions don't take long to complete. Was a good game for a few weeks after that there's not much to do unless you can be arsed to get the riddler trophies. Sold my copy for £33 on eBay bought it for £36, wouldn't say it's worth full price, would recommend waiting until the price goes down if you haven't played it yet.

Leg-End

They like to patch in the DLC nowdays whether you want it or not, its probably that.

GBBQ

About 75% complete on this game now but its just the more repetitive goals left so dont know if i'll bother finishing. Can;t see myself sticking it out for 100% so with the main story finished and the more interestign side quests done I think I'll call it a day.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finished it 100%. The Riddler trophies were a pain in the hole naturally but worth it in the end.

Absolutely fantastic finale.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
The gripes are unfair

The driving was introduced to mix things up. Otherwise it would have been identical to the previous game and people would have moaned about that.

I actually think the batmobile controls mechanics are very good in this

The riddler trophies are challenging at times but that's good too. You can't claim to have finished the game unless you collect em all IMO
I get why they introduced it but they milked it, and they had to find a way to make it more interesting. Shooting 100's of drones and tanks over and over was so dull it almost had the opposite effect of what they were going for, for me anyway.

Duffy

I get why they introduced it but they milked it, and they had to find a way to make it more interesting. Shooting 100's of drones and tanks over and over was so dull it almost had the opposite effect of what they were going for, for me anyway.
That was it, it was cool for driving and using to pull/electrify/anchor to something but the monotonous dodge rockets dodge missiles, fire missiles crap got annoying ver quickly.

Even the stealth attacks on the tanks were good but it just became mindless a mindless shoot and survive game at times.

vanthaman

Winner
Got 100% a few days back, haven't done many AR missions though, I'm determined to platinum the game

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How far am I in the game?
Just reached the part where the Arkham Knight appears in some massive drill-like vehicle chasing me around the tunnels. I tried twice and he fecking ruined me so I turned it off for the night

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Just reached the part where the Arkham Knight appears in some massive drill-like vehicle chasing me around the tunnels. I tried twice and he fecking ruined me so I turned it off for the night
Depends how many of the other villains you've got locked up, in terms of main story it's just that bit then a little bit of Scarecrow.

Finally got to 100% today, absolutely loved it as a game all round, Batmobile could get annoying but there was usually enough of a variety of missions that if I got really tired of it I could go and do something else. Riddler missions were undoubtedly a chore but the final fight was pretty fun. Could've done with a more substantial Knightfall ending but ho hum. Also, was this game the first Arkham to vaguely mention Superman?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Depends how many of the other villains you've got locked up, in terms of main story it's just that bit then a little bit of Scarecrow.

Finally got to 100% today, absolutely loved it as a game all round, Batmobile could get annoying but there was usually enough of a variety of missions that if I got really tired of it I could go and do something else. Riddler missions were undoubtedly a chore but the final fight was pretty fun. Could've done with a more substantial Knightfall ending but ho hum. Also, was this game the first Arkham to vaguely mention Superman?
Ah, cheers. Length wise, what would you say that is? The only side quest I've done is save Catwoman because, boobs. That last race was a fecking chore. Do the side missions lock following main storyline completion?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ah, cheers. Length wise, what would you say that is? The only side quest I've done is save Catwoman because, boobs. That last race was a fecking chore. Do the side missions lock following main storyline completion?
from the main story line, you are not too far away from the end. An hour or 2 of gameplay. Once you pass the excavator, you have the final bit with Arkham Knight and then the last bit with scarecrow, which includes the Joker (I enjoyed that part). Side missions won't change, you just complete gothams most wanted/100% to get the true finale

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Hated that bit :lol:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Just finished the main story. I should've finished it ages ago but I kept leaving it, then forgetting why I'd left it, giving it a go again, and remembering again: The fecking Batmobile missions.

Thought it was very good though. Probably not as fun game-wise as the last couple, mainly due to the batmobile - which is annoying 'cos it was a great addition, just utilised badly. Not nearly enough chasing people and fighting on the go, and far too much wanking about strafing and trying sneak up on tanks and spank their big button - but the story was great. I got really into it at the end. Couldn't be arsed to finish the Knightfall ending, mainly 'cos the Riddler missions were tedious as feck, so I just watched it on youtube. Also nice.

All in all these games have been great entertainment.... Apart from all the batmobile shit.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I had a fairly easy time dispatching the cobras when I played in normal. Now I sent my console in for servicing and got it back with all data erased so for the fun of it started playing the game in hard mode. Those freaking things start cornering you like predators man and it gets even harder with the Knight's cloudburst tank that you cannot destroy and will end you with one shot. It took 5 or 6 tries to finish it.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It's not so much that they were hard, more than they were tedious. And once you'd fought 25 drone tanks in a confined area by strafing to the left a bit, you didn't need 45 other missions where you did exactly the same thing, in a virtually identical setting. I quite liked the Firefly missions, and the tunnel drill battle/chase near the end, 'cos you were actually using your car for something car-like and cool. The other 90% of them felt like a cluttered version of Robot Wars on coke.

Last edited:

Leg-End

The batmobile was fine, they just shoehorned it into too many situations. Like they spent all this time and money developing it and didn't want to use it just as Batman's A to B travel mode but completely overdid it instead.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You could make those criticisms about other parts of the game too, the entire combat system is predicated on hanging from gargoyles, performing stealth take downs from floor panels etc, using smoke bombs and its just a different room every now and then, so not much variety there either. That part has stayed constant for all 4 games in the franchise.

The riddle missions were rather cool because it makes you think a little more than the combat situations. I liked the idea of APCs, checkpoints and roadblocks, those were new and had more variety to them.