Bayern Munich 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
How did a well run club allow the squad decline this much?
Hoeneß came out of jail and took over again. That's the reason.

Because of him Rummenigge will retire soon. He also signed Kovac & Salihamiczic. And he is, and always has been, the reason why we don't spend money.

He just got everything possible wrong since he's back in charge.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Surely this Summer Bayern and Real Madrid will have to start rebuilding if they want to win it again.

Suedesi

Jesus fecking Christ, Bayern were utter shambles.

No pace, no urgency, no ideas, no energy.

fecking useless tossers.

Trizy

Surely this Summer Bayern and Real Madrid will have to start rebuilding if they want to win it again.
Those penny pitching feckers won't splash the cash that's needed in modern football.

Bojan11

Madrid will splash the cash. But Bayern can get away with it as long as their fans are happy winning the bundesliga. It’s when they start losing that the people who run the club might wake up.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Those penny pitching feckers won't splash the cash that's needed in modern football.
On Bayern case don’t think they have to invest massively if they hire a better manager than Kovac. But a few players will be needed.

RooneyLegend

The likes of Icardi and Mahrez should be available. They better be thinking along those lines.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Boy, do they need some attacking reinforcements. Fecking Gnabry, really? Also, is Lewa done? He looked so underwhelming.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Madrid will splash the cash. But Bayern can get away with it as long as their fans are happy winning the bundesliga. It’s when they start losing that the people who run the club might wake up.
Can’t say I interact a lot with their fans but the perception I have about them is that not being able to compete on the Champions League is not good enough. They are far from being happy with watching Liverpool going there and beating them easily. Hell not even Porto fans like it but their budget has no chance these days, Bayern can if they want.

RooneyLegend

On Bayern case don’t think they have to invest massively if they hire a better manager than Kovac. But a few players will be needed.
no no no, they need players!!! James and the others just won't get it done at this level. I remember some fan posting one of the most uninsperational lists of players that they are gonna get, not going to be enough.

Minimalist

Who is that lumbering oaf they have at the back, wears no 4.

Had to laugh at them bringing on Sanchez.

A assume Muller and Robben are injured? I only tuned in for the last 30mins.
Sticks out like a sore thumb that lad. Noticed him in the first leg as well.

Looks like they found their own Phil Jones.

Bojan11

I thought Hummels besides the third goal was their best player in both games. But the others around him were just awful.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
no no no, they need players!!! James and the others just won't get it done at this level. I remember some fan posting one of the most uninsperational lists of players that they are gonna get, not going to be enough.
When I said massively didn’t mentioned not signing good players, at least the best from the Bundesliga they can sign without overspending. Of course this days a English club can go there easily sign those players. Better wait and see, it’s clear they won’t stay quiet watching this imo.

OutlawGER

Supports
When I said massively didn’t mentioned not signing good players, at least the best from the Bundesliga they can sign without overspending. Of course this days a English club can go there easily sign those players. Better wait and see, it’s clear they won’t stay quiet watching this imo.
We are spending most of our money into Lucas Hernandez (70-80mil), James if we keep him (40mil), Hudson Odoi (40mil) and Pavard (35mil). There is probably not that much we are able to do besides that. Our offense will be extremely weak. Seems like Gnabry, Coman and Hudson Odoi is our future.

Maybe we also sign Werner (40mil -ish). No one here wants him, but he's german. A typical Hoeneß transfer.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
We are spending most of our money into Lucas Hernandez (70-80mil), James if we keep him (40mil), Hudson Odoi (40mil) and Pavard (35mil). There is probably not that much we are able to do besides that. Our offense will be extremely weak. Seems like Gnabry, Coman and Hudson Odoi is our future.
Well I guess that means someone better than Kovac will be needed.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal

Maybe we also sign Werner (40mil -ish). No one here wants him, but he's german. A typical Hoeneß transfer.
Is Gnabry any good? Haven't seen him play since he left us. Showed a bit of promise back in the day.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Looked distinctly average, you'd have expected them to be pushing forward relentlessly at 1-1 when they needed another goal irrespective of who they were playing, but Liverpool bizarrely looked increasingly comfortable as the game wore on.

Paul_Scholes18

Is Gnabry any good? Haven't seen him play since he left us. Showed a bit of promise back in the day.
I think he has looked quite good when I watched him. I was not that impressed when he played for you and didn't understand why Bayern would go for him. One of the few players today that did do something.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Alphonse Davies?

OutlawGER

Supports
He's okay. He is fast and able to score goals. Nothing special though. A massive downgrade if you compare him to Robben or Ribery before they were 34/35 (not even talking about their prime).

Wouid be a good player for a 2nd tier team. Or a fine squad player for us. But not a world class level talent.

Castia

They need some major changes, that squad is awful. Too slow and old.

Fancy selling Douglas Costa for 30m when you’ve got absolute shite on the wings.

Last edited:

Charles Miller

They could easily pick some of the best prospects of South America since the club is very respected in the region. At some point they would find some gem without paying too much. But i think they have some specific policy against signing straight from South America.

OutlawGER

Supports
They could easily pick some of the best prospects of South America since the club is very respected in the region. At some point they would find some gem without paying too much. But i think they have some specific policy against signing straight from South America.
Yeah we tried that in the 00s and it didn't work out. Missed out on the likes of Aguero ("not good enough") while signing Ernesto Sosa, Breno, etc. After that i remember Hoeneß saying that we are not signing/importing any South America talent again.

edit: But i must admit this is not too bad, because many young South Americans have problems adapt to german mentality, weather and language. We have to focuse on talent in our reach from Germany, France, Netherlands and Belgium. But somehow we totally overlooked talent from Belgium. But we obviously go for the french now (Coman, Tolisso, Pavard, Hernandez, ...)

Last edited:

Canagel

on the bright side the music when they scored was pretty good.

BlueHaze

I was hoping they could somehow miraculously knock out Liverpool so that we would draw them in the next round. They are absolute dogshite.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I remember the wankfest on here around 2014 about how well Bayern were run. They literally couldn't do no wrong while being used as an example to pillory Ed Wood.
My oh my how low they've sunk. They were scintillating against Arsenal over the last few years but have looked pathetic against Liverpool.

KDB, Sane, Firmino. Seems they can't afford/ attract the best Bundesliga talent now neither.
For what it’s worth, I’ve been telling you guys this was going to happen. We worked very hard to become this bad. A team effort of incredible incompetence, arrogance and hubris.

They have an awful track record and I think that's why they gave up signing from South America directly. In the last 20 years, only Demichelis was a success.

Breno, J. E. Sosa, Julio dos Santos and RSC were all huge failures.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Are the Bayern fans protesting over the massive, seemingly negative, influence of Hoeneß?

Charles Miller

Yeah we tried that in the 00s and it didn't work out. Missed out on the likes of Aguero ("not good enough") while signing Ernesto Sosa, Breno, etc. After that i remember Hoeneß saying that we are not signing/importing any South America talent again.
Yep the case Breno..but a lot of things changed and players mentality is more "globalized" these days. A lot of them go straight to Ukraine and spend years there until be signed for some top club.

OutlawGER

Supports
Are the Bayern fans protesting over the massive, seemingly negative, influence of Hoeneß?
I certainly do. Many do on the internet. The younger generation mostly. But i think older fans will forever love him, no matter what he does.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Why does no one want him?

Bayern really need to sort their attack out.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Some do. I gave up my membership because of him. To most, he’s the lovechild of Jesus, Allah and Batman and beyond any doubt or criticism.

Bojan11

Bayern fans, would you take losing the league if it meant you were guaranteed a full rebuild.

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern fans, would you take losing the league if it meant you were guaranteed a full rebuild.
Nope. The transfers, our players are a great ensemble and they should work fine. It's just that Van Gaal implemented a certain playing style that was enhanced by Heynckes and Pep. No doubt we never played better football than under these three. Ancelotti tried, but did noch succeed. Kovac now completely rejects the playing style that was implemented by Van Gaal and somehow prefers to play like Schalke 04 with Tedesco. Instead of controlling the game, pressuring quite high and have lots of movement in the CM we are barely doing anything creative anymore. Playing from the very back and relying on long balls. Losing to Liverpool is fine. Losing this way is a tragedy, because we somehow lost our identity of playing that was established. Kovac is a coach that COULD suite Atletico or Chelsea, but not Bayern.

So no, no rebuild, ALL the players are fine, our playing style just is not.

Reactions: harms
Status
Not open for further replies.