Bayern Munich 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan

This team is finished. All their star players are old and nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Gnabry and Coman aren’t good replacements for Ribery and Robben either.

In order for Bayern to get back to their best, they’ll need to be lining up like this...

Neuer
Kimmich Pavard Süle Alaba
Martinez
Kroos Goretzka
Mane Werner Sane

For me, Mane and Sane are the PERFECT replacements for Robben and Ribery. But they’ll cost a bomb.

Member 114837

This team is finished. All their star players are old and nowhere near as good as they used to be.

In order for Bayern to get back to their best, they’ll need to be lining up like this...

Neuer
Martinez
Kroos Goretzka
Mane Werner Sane

For me, Mane and Sane are the PERFECT replacements for Robben and Ribery. But they’ll cost a bomb.
Why Mane and Sane will go at all? Players come for certain managers and Pep and Klopp are far more attractive compared to Niko Kovac. Moreover, English clubs can pay huge wage nowadays (Max Meyer in Crystal Palace for example), so I don't see Bayern getting them in any way.

Negan

Why Mane and Sane will go at all? Players come for certain managers and Pep and Klopp are far more attractive compared to Niko Kovac. Moreover, English clubs can pay huge wage nowadays (Max Meyer in Crystal Palace for example), so I don't see Bayern getting them in any way.
Its a bigger club

Member 114837

Its a bigger club
It's an inane logic. Just like referring back to old Glory days which has no relation with current level.

On current scenario, Man City and dare I say Liverpool are much more attractive to prospective signings, mostly because of the two managers.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Neuer
Martinez
Kroos Goretzka
Mane Werner Sane

Agreed. The core of their squad is old, in hindsight they should have slowly rebuillt and blended youth with experience. Instead they’re going to have do it in one go. It’ll be costly. Also, I’m not sure if any of their current players will command big fees. Only Lewandowksi or Thiago spring to mind.

I doubt Sane or Mane would leave to join Bayern. Both players have a good shot of winning the PL and UCL. IMO Hazard is the perfect replacement for Ribery, but I imagine he’s Madrid bound.

MDFC Manager

How have they regressed so badly? I thought they were the model football club with the model football structure that everyone had to follow for success? :wenger:

UDontMessWith24

They were absolutely putrid tonight what an embarrassment. Burnley went to Anfield and gave Liverpool more of a game. Meh san meh should be their new slogan.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hummels was directly responsible for the 2nd and 3rd goals. How Mane escaped him for the 3rd goal is embarrassing

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Neuer
Martinez
Kroos Goretzka
Mane Werner Sane

You would sign Mane and Sane but not Kane :nono:

And Kroos back to Bayern Munich would be awful for everybody.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Hummels was directly responsible for the 2nd and 3rd goals. How Mane escaped him for the 3rd goal is embarrassing
Van Dijk was Martinez' man for the 2nd goal and Hummels tries to cover for him but obviously is in a worse position than Van Dijk, Martinez simply let him have a free run. And how is the 3rd goal embarrassing? What is Hummels supposed to do there? It was a perfect run with a perfect cross by Salah and the attacker has of course the advantage there. If anything the guys on the left need to put more pressure on Salah but it was just a crazy good attack by Liverpool in this case.

Treble

It will take probably 3-4 years before Bayern become a top 4 force in Europe again and that might be optimistic. They will compete for top players/talents with the English top clubs, the Spanish giants who need rebuilding too and PSG. Won't be easy but you never know. They need to strike gold with 3-4 players in the next 2-3 windows.

No Robben no party.
The fact they're still heavily reliant on him,and Ribery,says it all.
Great players no doubt but they need to be either moved on or become squad members.

If Bayern are going to continue their trend of having traditional wingers either side those players need to be of a higher standard than Coman and Gnarby.

MarkK

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well, here we go. Bayern is at the end of a cycle, we all knew that before the game and it showed yesterday. We are out which is probably the outcome to be expected. Financially, Bayern doesn't want to (and probably can't) compete with the big guns so that they have always relied on strong German youngsters they can sign in their own backyard. As Germany undergoes a weaker phase, Bayern has a hard time finding the player material it needs in Germany. They now look for adequate players in the whole of Europe and find out how hard it is to get quality players within their price range elsewhere (remember the Hudson-Odoi saga?). It will take some time to recover and it is likely that there will be a parallel recovery of the German national team and Bayern. At least that's what usually happens.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Van Dijk was Martinez' man for the 2nd goal and Hummels tries to cover for him but obviously is in a worse position than Van Dijk, Martinez simply let him have a free run. And how is the 3rd goal embarrassing? What is Hummels supposed to do there? It was a perfect run with a perfect cross by Salah and the attacker has of course the advantage there. If anything the guys on the left need to put more pressure on Salah but it was just a crazy good attack by Liverpool in this case.
Yeah, Hummels has become the go to scapegoat recently but I think he actually has been fine since the winter break and one of Bayerns best players.

I think most people have already summarized Bayern's downfall correctly. It's a mixture of a deluded "board", as in Hoeneß, who just installed puppets around him and the denial of today's transfer market realism that has led to a continous downgrading of the quality of the squad. Some supporters still seem to buy this stuff about 'doing it the right way' and celebrate squad planning with the likes of Arp, Sanches and Gnabry as some great rejunevation when it's obvious that those are not good enough for CL KO stages. The other problem is the manager position since Guardiola, where Hoeneß has once again shown that he has no plan whatsoever.
But hey, watching this drama has been great fun for everyone else:lol:

Hitman Harry

Supports
Liverpool
They're still a very good side. Every goal Liverpool scored was top drawer. Blaming individuals is being too picky.

izec

Pavard and Hernandez should make them stable defensively. They are ok in midfield, their front 3 though need changing. A new striker and some wingers would be nice. Similarly to Real, they need some rebuilding and probably a new manager.

Dont know all their targets, but Pavard, Hernandez, Werner and Odoi isnt too bad. I would go for Rabiot on a free too if they dont like spending big. They barely produce youth players these days though.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Think they haven't chances their squad at all in the last 4/5 years so that's what they get. Massive overhaul needed.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Fr the second goal we were zonal marking, The ball came into the zone between Hummels and Van Dijk and he lost the header.

The 3rd goal Mane was 5yards in front of Hummels and got behind him while Hummels was static to allow the shorter guy nod in almost unchallenged, classic ball watching.
Hummels and Boateng have been very poor in defence for over a year now and it keeps getting worse
Both Hummels and Boateng need to be offloaded they are too slow for this level of football

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Fr the second goal we were zonal marking, The ball came into the zone between Hummels and Van Dijk and he lost the header.

The 3rd goal Mane was 5yards in front of Hummels and got behind him while Hummels was static to allow the shorter guy nod in almost unchallenged, classic ball watching.
Hummels and Boateng have been very poor in defence for over a year now and it keeps getting worse
Both Hummels and Boateng need to be offloaded they are too slow for this level of football
Hummels is a catastrophe. The guy is a mistake waiting to happen in every single game. The sooner we get rid of him, the better. Even his build up play is getting worse.

Untd55

There are two major issues with Bayern Munich: Age and strength of the German National team.

Their team is too old: Lewandowski - 30; Robben - 35; Ribery - 35; Martinez - 30; Hummels - 30; Neuer - 32; Rafinha - 33; Boateng - 30; Muller - 29. They rely on these players far too much now, which has led them to a low amount of young or mid 20's players making an impact on the first team.

The German national team is also an issue. There seems to be a pattern where when the German team is strong so is Bayern Munich and vice versa. That is because Bayern Munich pretty much has first option on German talent. They are heavily reliant on the quality of the German team.

I do not think Bayern actually have the pulling power of other European top teams, except for when they try to sign German players. Now that there is a lack of German talent their team has become weak. I think we will have to wait until a resurgence of German talent for Bayern Munich to recover.

Member 115509

Fair play to Liverpool, they still had to out and get a result last night, but I was quite shocked at how poor Bayern were all over the pitch. Good finish by Mane, but Neuer's mad rush was a big factor in the goal. Bayern created little, Lewandowski is a top striker but had nothing to work with last night. The back four were poor also, Hummels and Sule looked very vulnerable.
On eplayer who caught my eye for the wrong reasons was James Rodriguez, he seemed incapable of passing the ball to a team mate at times, looked a sad imitation of the player hew

Alabaster Codify7

Bayern looked awful in these two legs. Like, shockingly bad, for someone like me who has paid no attention to them for the past 1-2yrs. They've regressed a lot. Not to take it away from the Scum though, they wiped the floor at them last night which is never a mean feat in Munich.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
All the pillars of Bayern's great team are gone (Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Kroos) and the ones that are left have turned to shite. I also feel that with that, there's no more real leader. Lewandowski seems to whinge about something after every loss and generally looks like he hates everyone on his team. The magic's gone and because no one challenges them domestically, the incentive to renew wasn't strong enough.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I do not think Bayern actually have the pulling power of other European top teams, except for when they try to sign German players. Now that there is a lack of German talent their team has become weak. I think we will have to wait until a resurgence of German talent for Bayern Munich to recover.
Exactly. And that's why Bayern is bitterly seen in Germany as a predatory gravity pull.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I definitely don't agree that Bayern don't have pulling power. They're a huge club.

I just don't think they're maybe prepared to spend as much as some of the other top clubs, as they're run a bit differently. They poach the best talent in Germany but I don't think that's because they couldn't get players from elsewhere, I just think it's cheaper for the club to do it that way, and it's worked for a long time.

Maybe they'll have to switch it up a bit going forward, but I don't think there's many clubs with more pulling power than Bayern.

Bojan11

So where are the few on here that were happy to see the back of Guardiola? At least he got you to the semis consistently.
He wouldn’t get this team into the semis. Guardiola struggles with City vs Liverpool. They probably would have got beaten by more with him in charge especially at Anfield.

Guardiola had a team that was in its prime. Even though Kovac isn’t great, he’s got a team that is past his prime in Europe.

The criticism for Guardiola were valid. He couldn’t get his teams to score away goals in Spain whenever they were in the semi finals. Could never produce the two great performances they needed to reach the final like Heyenkes got Bayern to do in 2013.

RasTiaGba

I think they're on the decline.

Before their big CL win in 2013, they were pretty poor.

I don't think they'll be picking up players like Hummels and Lewandowski on free contracts anymore. Especially with the rise of the EPL.

Rodriguez is basically a Real Madrid cast off and is their only big signing in recent years.

Pep probably seen the lack of spending and jumped ship.

RasTiaGba

I definitely don't agree that Bayern don't have pulling power. They're a huge club.

I just don't think they're maybe prepared to spend as much as some of the other top clubs, as they're run a bit differently. They poach the best talent in Germany but I don't think that's because they couldn't get players from elsewhere, I just think it's cheaper for the club to do it that way, and it's worked for a long time.

Maybe they'll have to switch it up a bit going forward, but I don't think there's many clubs with more pulling power than Bayern.
Be realistic bud, they haven't actually walked in and paid money for a top world class player since maybe Vidal.

In a transfer window clubs from the EPL will outbid them and pay higher wages.

Look at Kevin De Bruyne, Bayern apparently didn't want him but even if they did I'm sure he would still have chosen EPL over Bayern.

The only handicap they have is on young Bundesliga players, and even they must see now that the EPL is getting better and better while Bayern lag behind picking up loans from Real Madrid like a feeder club.

Status
Not open for further replies.