Bayern Munich 2018

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Adisa, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Mar 14, 2019

schwalbe Full Member

Supports:
    Fc Bayern München
    Kovac makes the squad look worse than it is, even though it still needs some work over the next years.

I'm very excited to see what will happen in the summer, knowing that Kovac will be there for at least another year clouds my anticipation though.

Pavard, Hernandez, Hudson-Odoi, James/Havertz in, Ribery, Robben, Hummels/Boateng, Sanches out seems realistic for me. I don't expect more than that to happen, even though a more proven winger would make sense.

In the end, Kovac will still be coach so we'll win the Bundesliga comfortably but get kicked out of the CL as soon as we meet a team with a better squad or with a manager who actually knows what he's doing.
  2. Mar 14, 2019

Grande Full Member

That’s a tough trio to beat for genes, tbh.
  3. Mar 14, 2019

mariachi-19 Full Member

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
    Kloop is not an attractive manager. You've won feck all with him and he's won next to feck all since 2012. Stop trying to big him up as being anything like Guardiola
  4. Mar 15, 2019
    Then please explain why Van Dijk joined Liverpool over Man City or Chelsea? You may not like Klopp, but he is a very good man manager and has his players' trust. Brendan Rodgers could not have attracted players like Salah, Mane or Van Dijk.

And if winning nothing makes a manager less attractive, wait till Ole gets difficulties to attract good players to your club. A Mourinho could attract Pogba, which Ole can't.
  5. Mar 15, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    So much wrong with this. First off, Liverpool paid a lot of money for those players and have had a history with buying from Southampton. Salah was seen as a previous Chelsea flop that gained form in another league so Liverpool taking a punt on him was seen as a natural next step. Also, they paid a lot of money for them. Rodgers probably wouldn't have bought those exact players from Southampton but someone else from there surely.

Second. Ole worked with Pogba as a coach in United many years ago, so I'm sure Ole would be able to charm and attract Pogba. Ole will probably end this season with a trophy while Klopp will not, because the first guy manages United, the second guy Liverpool. If we are to base it on what has happened the last 5 years.
  6. Mar 15, 2019
    (1) Rodger's buying record is there for all to see.
    (2) Man City was interested definitely in Van Dijk but he chose to go for Klopp. If we are talking about wages, City or United can definitely pay more.
    (3) The transfer money paid to clubs does not go to the players. The player needs to agree before a transfer happens.
    (4) Regarding Ole, we can revert back after next summer window.
  7. Mar 15, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    Touched a nerve there did I. I'm joking. You have a few good points... Attracting players shouldn't be a problem for United, we do offer trophies and can pay more, and as far as Ole he would be able to attract Pogba. One of the best midfielders in the world and he would be able to buy him for us, which you said he wouldn't be able to, but he would. Anyways, don't want to derail the thread. I think Bayern deserved to win over the two legs.
  8. Mar 15, 2019
    I am really sorry for the last part. It was rude and I removed it for that reason. But you got me before. :nervous:
    Anyway, regarding Ole, I don't think we will see what happens. I have already asked the mods to remove my account and I hope they do. Good bye to all of you here, and I apologise for any unintended arrogance.
  9. Mar 15, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    That's fine, it gets a bit hot sometimes. Probably not the first Liverpool fan to get a bit sick of hanging around a rival forum, you are bound to get a bit of arrogance and intended ignorance sometimes;) If it is unintended on your part, you shouldn't worry about it.
  10. Mar 15, 2019

NoPace Full Member

5 at the back could save you in the CL with those transfers. Alaba-Pavard-Sule-Hummels-Kimmich would be formidable, Lewandowski could get a real partner up top (whether that's a winger like Coman/Gnabry/Hudson-Odoi or a 10 like James/Havertz) that he might need at this point in his career to really impact CL knockout games and it would suit Goretzka too, pushing forward in a trio with Thiago and Javi M holding more.
  11. Mar 27, 2019

marktan Full Member

They've signed Lucas Hernandez for £68m https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47725208

Huge sum, second most expensive defender after Van Djik? They've already spent £30m on Pavard, and looks like they'll be going after Pepe / Hudson-Odoi too. Bayern not playing around this summer.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  12. Mar 27, 2019

vangagal Full Member

Is Alaba gonna move into DM or he is just fallen a cliff?
  13. Mar 27, 2019

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate Scout

Lucas is mainly a CB, so anyone could lose its place.
  14. Mar 27, 2019

MarkK Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    According to most media articles, Lucas is supposed to play as CB, not LB. He will be the substitute option for Alaba though as Rafinha will retire from European football. I guess the best defense line-up next year will be Kimmich -- Süle -- Lucas -- Alaba /// Pavard (RB, CB), Hummels (CB) with Boateng being sold. Defense-wise we should be fine now, but we still desperately need wingers.
  15. Mar 27, 2019

vangagal Full Member

So, competitor to Boateng, Hummels then. With Pavard, Lucas, Sule, Boateng, Hummels, Kimmich and Alaba they have enough quality backline there. Only now they need to replace Robery and Lewa properly this time.
  16. Mar 27, 2019

Kapardin New Member

I think not playing Arsenal this season in the CL has made them more aware of how far they have fallen behind.;)
  17. Mar 27, 2019

NoPace Full Member

Alaba-Lucas-Sule-Pavard-Kimmich looks a hell of a backline, maybe no wingers, just a 3-5-2.
  18. Mar 27, 2019

vangagal Full Member

Problem is Bayern only had Lewa as a quality striker. They definitely need a striker next summer.
  19. Mar 27, 2019

hasanejaz88 Full Member

Supports:
    Germany
    Yea, 3-5-2 was Kovac's favoured formation at Frankfurt (plus seems to coming back in fashion amongst clubs and national teams) so it seems Bayern are planning for it. Would remove the need for wingers, which is one of Bayern's weakest positions, so it could work.

This transfer window it seems Bayern have sorted their defense out, now need one more big window to sort their strikers and attacking midfielders.

Gnabry would be the second striker. While he doesn't seem to have the talent to be a player on the level of Lewandowski, he has done well in the opportunities he has gotten and can be a useful player. Gnabry + a world class striker can be a good partnership.
  20. Mar 27, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Secured: Pavard and Lucas Heenandez
  21. Mar 27, 2019

izec Full Member

Their defense is really sorted for years.
  22. Mar 27, 2019

Ish Lights on for Luke

I was a bit confused between Theo Hernandez and Lucas Hernandez. Sorted now.
  23. Mar 27, 2019

kaiser1 New Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    3-5-2
    ---------Pavard--Sule--Lucas
    -Kimmich--Thiago--Tolliso/Goretzka--Alaba
    ------------James/Muller
    -----Gnabry(Werner)--Lewy

think Bayern will be lining up like below next season

-Kimmich--Sule--Lucas-Alaba
    ------Tolliso---Thiago
    -----------Muller--
    --Pepe----Lewy--Gnabry
    Goretzka, Coman, on the bench. Werner for Gnabry in that lineup is also an option

I think James Boateng, Robben Ribery and Rafinha leave this

Every defender is 1992 and younger

Kimmich has also stated he wants to play as a 6 so its feasible to see Pavard in RB and Kimmich in 6 beside Tolliso and behind Thiago
  24. Mar 27, 2019

Paolo Di Canio "we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"

Do Bayern still play Alaba at left full or centre mid?
  25. Mar 27, 2019

Charlie Foley Full Member

Such a Bournemouth response :lol::lol::lol::devil:
  26. Mar 27, 2019

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    Always left.
  27. Mar 27, 2019

HJ12 New Member

What's the chances they get rid of Kovac and replace him with Mourinho? Reckon he would do well with this squad in Europe.
  28. Mar 27, 2019

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    low, at least not this summer
    below zero
  29. Mar 27, 2019

Johnny Love New Member

That's a big sum for Hernandez, but he's pretty solid. Fast too.
  30. Mar 27, 2019

marktan Full Member

Defensively strong but offensively leaves a lot to be desired. Pepe and Gnabry are a fair bit behind Ribery and Robben, and most of the other top European teams currently. Bayern face the same problem we face, signing top wide players, because there's so few of them available currently.
  31. Mar 27, 2019

strongwalker Full Member

Supports:
    FC Bayern München
    Growing, as of late. Theres a murmur in town that despite public statements, Uli was less than pleased with the way the team presented itself against the Scouse. It was less the fact they went out, and more the fact how they surrendered.
    Apparently, Tuchel has been contacted though qitting PSG/leaving unfinished business would be unlike him.

Wanna hear a funny story? A colleague of mine is from the same tiny village where Streich, coach of SC Freiburg lives. So when the men of said tribe, er, village, gathered in the one and only pub with a tv set and a sky subscription to watch the Bayern-Pool match, Streich also was there, he often does. Rumour says Streichs cell rang 3 times after the match was over, and it might have been Bayern's most redfaced sausage mogul :D

Now, Streich is a very peculiar coach; He gets a lot of respect for the success he continues to have with very limited means and frequently losing key players, he also is very, lets say, unpolished in the way he treats media. One can see that him and Hoeneß may get along well, but him and the monster FC Bayern is? doubt it, and Streich is no fool, he knows it too.

Nah.
  32. Mar 27, 2019

Scarecrow Having a week off

Who is Pepe?
  33. Mar 27, 2019

kaiser1 New Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    There aren't a lot of elite players available in the market. They are all either too old or won't consider Bayern

The options discussed are Pepe, Werner, Harvetz, (sign James), Dybala. with Pepe being the most likely and banking on him replicating his Lille form or becoming our own Sadio Mane
  34. Mar 27, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Guy who plays for Lille in France.
  35. Mar 27, 2019

Darlington Padgett New Member

They have a bigger project in hand than us but they are a football first club so I guess their fans can trust they'll get some quality players.
  36. Mar 28, 2019

matherto ask me about our 50% off sale!

They need someone better than Sule at the back because he's awful.
  37. Mar 28, 2019

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    Haha. Oh you're serious? Let me laugh some more
  38. Mar 28, 2019

Ecstatic Full Member

Supports:
    PsG
    Are Bayern fans happy with Lucas Hernandez?
  39. Mar 28, 2019

Ecstatic Full Member

Supports:
    PsG
    The price is partly explained by the fact he can play central defender or left back depending the circumstances.
  40. Mar 28, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Just the entire rest of the side to go