charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sky saying they want the Ajax manager to replace Kovac

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sky saying they want the Ajax manager to replace Kovac
Would be an understandable move for Ten Hag. Don't think he'll make it though. He has all the personality of a wet paper towel. Though I suppose with Bayern he'll be at another club with the means to easily dominate the rest of its league.

Water Melon

Ruthless club this one is. You do not perform, you're shown the door.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Would be an understandable move for Ten Hag. Don't think he'll make it though. He has all the personality of a wet paper towel. Though I suppose with Bayern he'll be at another club with the means to easily dominate the rest of its league.
And he knows the club. Was in charge of Bayern‘s second team when Pep was there.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Do I detect a slight hint of bitterness towards the Ajax coach, Kirky? :lol:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yeah, which is also why he goes out of his way to look exactly like Pep, I imagine.
I think Pep was actually the reason he came to us. If memory serves me right, he even said so much himself. I want him. The way he sets up his teams fits perfectly and I think the players actually want a coach like him, an offensive minded tactician. It can always turn kut badly, but I think he could be really succesul with us. But most importantly, I want so see beautiful football again and I think he can get us there.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think Pep was actually the reason he came to us. If memory serves me right, he even said so much himself. I want him. The way he sets up his teams fits perfectly and I think the players actually want a coach like him, an offensive minded tactician. It can always turn kut badly, but I think he could be really succesul with us. But most importantly, I want so see beautiful football again and I think he can get us there.
Yeah, tactically he'd be a good fit, but for FC Hollywood you also need a bit of personality I think. And he really lacks personality. As well as being able to string together a coherent sentence. And that's in his native language..

I'm of course not entirely objective, since I'm supposed to dislike everything Ajax ;)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So one of the highly rated managerial talents could soon be snapped up. Watch us watch them all get bagged by other clubs.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So one of the highly rated managerial talents could soon be snapped up. Watch us watch them all get bagged by other clubs.
Obviously I don't know ten Hag and his preferences, but given that Bayern is in a better position currently, a perfect tactical fit opposed to whatever you would call what's going on at United and that he already did some work at Bayern (knows the language, structures, culture at the club) I'd be surprised if he would hesitate between picking between both clubs.

Dj Mimo

Supports
Ajax
Ten Hag know's the club and does fit Bayern's style. But I don't think he will let ajax go before the summer because Ajax is doing great in the Eredivisie and the Champions league. I can see them signing a contract but for the summer of 2020.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yeah, tactically he'd be a good fit, but for FC Hollywood you also need a bit of personality I think. And he really lacks personality. As well as being able to string together a coherent sentence. And that's in his native language..

I'm of course not entirely objective, since I'm supposed to dislike everything Ajax ;)
I’m not a good judge for that, but considering his success at Ajax, these things don’t seem to be much of an issue for him. I also believe that the difference in regards to the media and so on aren’t that big. Ajax is not a small club and I imagine the expectations there can be compared to ours.

charlenefan

Ten Hag know's the club and does fit Bayern's style. But I don't think he will let ajax go before the summer because Ajax is doing great in the Eredivisie and the Champions league. I can see them signing a contract but for the summer of 2020.
Yep Sky also said just that. So Bayern either wait or get an interim (or Ten Hag forces the move now)

van Hooijdonk

Flick till the end of the season and Ten Haag from next summer. I think it's as good as done.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Flick till the end of the season and Ten Haag from next summer. I think it's as good as done.
That’s what I expect as well. Flick should be able of saving their season (Buli, Cup, CL Quarters).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m not a good judge for that, but considering his success at Ajax, these things don’t seem to be much of an issue for him. I also believe that the difference in regards to the media and so on aren’t that big. Ajax is not a small club and I imagine the expectations there can be compared to ours.
Difference is that reaching the semi's in the CL is somewhat of a bummer for Bayern whereas it's a monumental achievement at Ajax. If Ajax go out at the groupstages this year, people will say it's a shame, but not a disaster to go into the EL from third place behind Valencia and Chelsea, for Bayern it would probably be a sackable offense.

Either way, I don't think a trainer's influence is that big anyway, so I'm sure he could do it. Of course he's done well at Ajax, but he's also had the good fortune to have world class talents like De Jong and De Ligt and a few very high profile players for Eredivisie standards like Ziyech, Blind, Tadic and Tagliafico, which is a result of Ajax getting rid of their salary ceiling of 1 million per year. I'd say removing that is at least as big a factor for their success as Ten Hag is. In that same light, I doubt Kovac would've done as poorly, had he still be able to play a 30 year old Ribery and Robben instead of the kids they got to replace him.

I think the coaches that can make a team more than the sum of its parts can be counted on one, maybe two hands.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
OGS would be a phenomenal temporary coach for Bayern until the summer. Just don’t appoint him permanently. :p

But on a more serious note, Ten Haag would be a good appointment. I guess Nagelsmann or Rose are both off limits because they just started with their clubs? A pity they won’t go all in for Klopp.

Sjaakmeoff

Difference is that reaching the semi's in the CL is somewhat of a bummer for Bayern whereas it's a monumental achievement at Ajax. If Ajax go out at the groupstages this year, people will say it's a shame, but not a disaster to go into the EL from third place behind Valencia and Chelsea, for Bayern it would probably be a sackable offense.

Either way, I don't think a trainer's influence is that big anyway, so I'm sure he could do it. Of course he's done well at Ajax, but he's also had the good fortune to have world class talents like De Jong and De Ligt and a few very high profile players for Eredivisie standards like Ziyech, Blind, Tadic and Tagliafico, which is a result of Ajax getting rid of their salary ceiling of 1 million per year. I'd say removing that is at least as big a factor for their success as Ten Hag is. In that same light, I doubt Kovac would've done as poorly, had he still be able to play a 30 year old Ribery and Robben instead of the kids they got to replace him.

I think the coaches that can make a team more than the sum of its parts can be counted on one, maybe two hands.
hahaha.. It's ok to not like Ajax. It's ok to not like Ten Hag. Yes. He's not the most flashy guy around and doesn't do very well in front of a camera. But almost everything in your post is bitterness and utter crap.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
hahaha.. It's ok to not like Ajax. It's ok to not like Ten Hag. Yes. He's not the most flashy guy around and doesn't do very well in front of a camera. But almost everything in your post is bitterness and utter crap.
I don't dislike Ajax at all, hence my wink. Also, which parts are utter crap? That Bayern making a semi final is par for the course and Ajax making the semi final a monumental achievement? Or that Ten Hag had an amazing team last year if you compare it to the dross Frank de Boer won 4 league titles in a row with?

The utter crap part is Ajax fans thinking they're a european top club after reaching the semi's for the first time in 24 years. It's easy to deflect that coming from someone who has "supports: Feyenoord" on their profile, but it doesn't change anything really. Being Bayern had coach is a different beast to being Ajax head coach.

Sjaakmeoff

I don't dislike Ajax at all, hence my wink. Also, which parts are utter crap? That Bayern making a semi final is par for the course and Ajax making the semi final a monumental achievement? Or that Ten Hag had an amazing team last year if you compare it to the dross Frank de Boer won 4 league titles in a row with?

The utter crap part is Ajax fans thinking they're a european top club after reaching the semi's for the first time in 24 years. It's easy to deflect that coming from someone who has "supports: Feyenoord" on their profile, but it doesn't change anything really. Being Bayern had coach is a different beast to being Ajax head coach.
Sorry, you're mistaken me for the guy who speaks for all Ajax fans.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sorry, you're mistaken me for the guy who speaks for all Ajax fans.
I didn't mean just you obviously, I mean the general trend in Dutch media. Guys like Arno Vermeulen questioning whether a step from Ajax to Bayern is actually a step upwards at the moment. It's quite silly.

Also, which part of my post was utter crap?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
they ain't doing that right now...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It will be Mourinho. But whoever goes there is fecked. Bayern have great ambition which i respect but their leaders are huge problem. They want to be an active part of the squad. I read somewhere that Rummenigge and Uli Hoenes like to enter in locker room and give hairdryer treatment to players( i still can't believe in that). Plus all that public talk about coach, formation, players...i don't know how any big coach will accept that.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It will be Mourinho. But whoever goes there is fecked. Bayern have great ambition which i respect but their leaders are huge problem. They want to be an active part of the squad. I read somewhere that Rummenigge and Uli Hoenes like to enter in locker room and give hairdryer treatment to players( i still can't believe in that). Plus all that public talk about coach, formation, players...i don't know how any big coach will accept that.
What's so problematic about that? As long as it's just that it might even be a help to coaches as they don't have to antagonize the squad when someone else does it for them.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What's so problematic about that? As long as it's just that it might even be a help to coaches as they don't have to antagonize the squad when someone else does it for them.
Man, it is huge problem. At least i think on that way. Bayern is giant club, not some low division club. Players and coach must be one unit and people above second unit. When your president, ceo or somebody else start to bashing players in front of coach( and maybe even coach in front of players), that coach lose respect in eyes of players. Players must think that coach is the boss and only him.

With that you have anarchy. When coach start to be harsh, Neuer, Muller or Lewa will say; "feck you. You are nobody. We will lose two games and get another coach"

SirAF

Ageist
That is absolutely insane if true :houllier:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I have a hard time believing he will even be discussed. Hoeneß hates him and I don't think the rest of our board are that fond of him either. Crazy things happen, obviously, but Mourinho would really shock me.

To the locker room stuff:
It can be an issue, it can also be a good thing. It's a question of hierarchy and how you do it. Like another user already pointed out, it can be a good cop bad cop thing, but it can backfire. I would prefer it, if it didn't happen, though.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
That is absolutely insane if true :houllier:
It's pretty much a tradition by now, Beckenbauer was also famous for doing it and just to mention it, that also happened while Heynckes and Guardiola were around. When things go right people will say it's a good way of taking pressure away from the coach (so he doesn't have to attack his own players too much) but now we get the version where its framed as getting in the way of the coach.

SirAF

Ageist
It's pretty much a tradition by now, Beckenbauer was also famous for doing it and just to mention it, that also happened while Heynckes and Guardiola were around. When things go right people will say it's a good way of taking pressure away from the coach (so he doesn't have to attack his own players too much) but now we get the version where its framed as getting in the way of the coach.
That’s actually a good point.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Man, it is huge problem. At least i think on that way. Bayern is giant club, not some low division club. Players and coach must be one unit and people above second unit. When your president, ceo or somebody else start to bashing players in front of coach( and maybe even coach in front of players), that coach lose respect in eyes of players. Players must think that coach is the boss and only him.

With that you have anarchy. When coach start to be harsh, Neuer, Muller or Lewa will say; "feck you. You are nobody. We will lose two games and get another coach"
It's not like they hold half time talks for the coach or that they are a couple of accountants/investment bankers who don't know what they are talking about - both are former top level players whose careers at the club are as old as their children. They step in when it's time to remind people of the club's standards and as a coach you can only tell your players "feck you, try harder" so often before it loses its effect. I don't think it necessarily harms respect towards the coach. Players already know it's much cheaper for clubs to swap coachs than it is to replace larger parts of their squads. In that regard it might even help if it's the guys who are sure to outlive any player or coach who give them a bollocking.

Dj Mimo

Supports
Ajax
Ten Hag said in a Interview yesterday that he's 100% sure he's gonna stay at Ajax this season, no matter what. At this moment money doesn't bother him. Infact, he is in a position where he can decline offers from any big clubs because he's one of the most wanted trainers at this moment. So everyone is sure that even if he declines a big club right now, he will get an offer from another big club in the summer.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Wonder if they'd be tempted by Mourinho?
Allegri is another obvious one
Would Guardiola go back in the summer?
Wenger till the end of the season?