Bayern v Man Utd | Post Match

Zoo

I’m not sure whether Lukaku will be ready but we’ll need him on the bench at least.

Minimalist

It'll probably get said better than this by other posters but we were bloody brilliant tonight.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Absolutely. We will Blitz leicester from the get go and win 500-0 with swashbuckling football THE MOURINHO WAY!!!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I’m not sure whether Lukaku will be ready but we’ll need him on the bench at least.
I'm sure he will be. Started training yesterday and although I didn't really see him train in his holiday pics he's the kind who usually keeps himself in good condition.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s only pre-season lads

buckooo1978

erm great workout for fitness I suppose

we would have probably been better spending the last month in the gym

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
We played like a very small, weak team trying not to get embarrassed by the pros.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
I think we played like this with Spurs in mind? I believe we will be way more attacking against Leicester etc but this performance was obviously super defensive as it will be against Spurs too, hopefully that day Counter-attacking will work though.

buckooo1978

I'm sure he will be. Started training yesterday and although I didn't really see him train in his holiday pics he's the kind who usually keeps himself in good condition.
yea... doesn't drink, smoke and looks after himself

given how he was rushed back for the cup.final I think he will be involved

El Jefe

Honest question. Who enjoys watching us nowadays?

It's sad to watch this now. Bayern made football look easy while we looked like a pub team in possesion.

Godfather

28% possession, 290 to 728 passes. I don't care if this is pre season. This is embarrassing and more than worrying for the season ahead.

izec

We will probably make top 4, lose in the CL last of 16 against a decent side and still play shit football against any decent side. Jose will stay and redcafe will naively hope for better football and trophies next season again.

dove

Brilliant performance. Can't wait for the season to start.

Minimalist

Honest question. Who enjoys watching us nowadays?

It's sad to watch this now. Bayern made football look easy while we looked like a pub team in possesion.
A load of top reds on this forum. Bout' it.

Nobody in the media or anyone I've ever met in public thinks we're even a decent side. It'll take a while to lose our 'boring as fcuk' label.

Greck

Result is irrelevant but performance-wise we seem to have carried over the same systemic flaws we had in possession last year. Preseason should begin to show signs of improvement but it's been the exact same. We're not going to all of a sudden start looking fluid when the season begins

Last edited:

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Our team has no soul. Three back to back terrible managers have destroyed 26 years of hard work.

walsh

We will probably make top 4, lose in the CL last of 16 against a decent side and still play shit football against any decent side. Jose will stay and redcafe will naively hope for better football and trophies next season again.
Hell of a conclusion from a friendly.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
It's only pre-season so it's completely understandable that our second team aren't capable of creating an attack in most of our games thus far...

First time I've ever avoided watching our pre season games live and it's been a great decision. I know some people don't like it being said on here before the season has begun, but he has us on a highway to nowhere. I'd even love Giggs to step in and manage us this season and I had never been an advocate for that.

Last edited:

The White Pele

One of the worst pre-seasons I can remember. I think we will have to be grinding out wins in August if we want to keep pace at the top as I can’t see us firing on all cylinders any time soon.

AlwaysRed66

Thankfully these pointless friendlies are finally over, & no more comments on how great certain players are because they can string a few passes together in them. Amazes me that people even pay to watch these.

What does concern me is that we are playing so negatively in pointless games like this, as if the results matter.

Anyway onwards to Friday against Leicester, which I am surprisingly looking forward to, even though I am not optimistic for the season. Who knows this might be all a ruse, & we suddenly start playing expansive attacking football. I can dream.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's a marathon not a sprint innit?

I'm refusing to panic until I've seen the Pogba, Fred Matic midfield three in action.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Got to say really downhearted watching that tonight. Yeah, I know it's only pre season and the real stuff kicks off on Friday night. Football is about momentum though, and have we looked in any kind of decent form at the back of last season coming into this one? Will the signing of a new CB bring this team together as a cohesive attacking unit? it's dull, boring and uninspiring to watch. Every single game we come away and say that this player had a good game or that player had a good game, the occasions where we play well as a team from front to back, pen teams in are few and far between. One up front with no wing play at all, christ on a bike !!!

Reactions: langster

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
At least you are optimistic about the season to come.

settembrini

If 'results don't matter in pre-season' how come we play such ultra defensive, negative football in them?

Why is that when posters talk about problems with our team in pre-season games, that were also evident in competitive matches last season, they get insulted and told that 'it's just pre-season'? That response doesn't make any sense to long term issues that we have repeatedly failed to resolve.

mikey_d

Pre-season over, I don't think we even look very fit as a team. we look slow and sloppy with the ball. we've been getting worse every game the longer the match has been going on.

I'm sure mourinho will have his excuses but hes currently not getting enough out of the squad and thats coming from someone quite pro mourinho.