BBC: Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo would not solve Man Utd problems - Rooney

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Just imagine them playing together, they already score a lot on their own but having those two in the same would be overkill for any team. Just imagine Messi feeding balls to Ronaldo and Messi doing his thing playing behind someone like Ronaldo.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not in a malicious way, but in a ”look how well the adorable ball chaser is behaving under LVG, that’s a good boy, I’m so proud of him for following instructions for once in his life” kind of way.

It sounds as though he’s talking about a 12 year old and not a 30 year old.
I think you're stretching things.

Ban

I agree, but Pochettino, elite coaching staff, DoF and/or a transfer committee would. We don’t know how to play football at United. That is embarrassing and no world class players can fix that, but a top class manager could. When you looked at how poorly we performed this season when Ole got the contract it should be apparent that we don’t have a gameplan.

On a side note, Rooney might have a career as a manager or a BT/Sky pundit after his career is over. He also rightly claimed that we should have moved heaven and earth to land Pochettino.
All right, Pochettino's mum, we get it.

fallengt

He's right. They barely carry their national team by themselves. Why would you think they'd make huge impact if they play for us?
Pogba's a Worldcup winner and fans wanting him out for feck’s sake. Shit team makes everyone looks shit.

TRUERED89

We’ll probably win the league with Messi Ronaldo Bale and Ramos, most matches would be won in the tunnel.
Our main problem is shite players, so to the contrary of Rooney's statement, these players mentioned would turn us into something quite formidable.