BBC: SPOTY

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Lewis Hamilton
Stuart Broad

Another one TBA later today.

Who do we think is deserving of it as opposed to who will win it?

Inigo Montoya

Tyson Fury
Good shout. Interesting bloke too. Love his stance on mental health.

He will be nominated but I fear there is too much prejudice against him due to him being a Traveller, plus his previous comments will be brought up

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Hamilton will win it. And deserves too.

Fury will be 2nd I'd have thought. If his fight with Wilder was more recent, there is every chance he would've won it.

Henderson will probably be on there too. cnut.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Rashford should get some recognition too, and possibly Henderson too (don't know how much the PL footballers' initiative was actually down to his efforts or that he was just the face of it).

Mark Cavendish should get a lifetime award.

Hamilton should win it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If Jonathan Rea is not on the list it's a fecking scandal. He should be winning it hands down. 6 world titles in a row!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Broad seems like an underwhelming pick.
He's had an incredible year with the test team, and passed 500 wickets. He won't win as there wasn't an Ashes series/enough cricket played in general, but he definitely deserves his recognition.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's had an incredible year with the test team, and passed 500 wickets. He won't win as there wasn't an Ashes series/enough cricket played in general, but he definitely deserves his recognition.
He was good but all his games were in favourable bowling conditions this year. Stokes had a better year imo. Victim of his own success or simply not eligible after last year?

Wilt

Fairly obvious Lewis will win, but jockey Hollie Doyle should be have a good chance for 2nd or 3rd place

Swimmer Adam Peaty still dominates but doubt he’ll be nominated ...next Olympics will be his time

Inigo Montoya

Broad seems like an underwhelming pick.
Thought that said prick for a minute :lol:

Yes but we've long moved away from the absolute definition of the word 'personality,' to sporting achievements. With Stokes winning last year, I'm not seeing a cricketer winning this year

Inigo Montoya

Contender number 3 from the BBC....wait for it...

JORDAN HENDERSON!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
All respect to cricketers as athletes but I've yet to see a cricketer who didn't have the personality of an old smoking pipe and matching tweed slippers. What's the victory speech going to be? "Ey up, lads. Gonna reward meself with a nice brew and a box set of Rising Damp. It'll be reyt mental in Broad Palace tonight!"

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What really annoys me about this is how hung up people get on the word 'personality'. I've always taken it to just be a fancy word for person.. Mad to think people try and discourage somebodies sporting achievements because they don't believe they have enough banter

dbs235

Has to be Hamilton for surpassing Schumacher as the most successful F1 driver ever.

Zen

He was good but all his games were in favourable bowling conditions this year. Stokes had a better year imo. Victim of his own success or simply not eligible after last year?
Well Andy Murray won like 3 times in 4 years, so that's doubtful.

It should just be a complete open vote, unless it is, it's basically a popular heroics that have cheered up the nation award, and why not?

stepic

Rashford doesn't deserve to be nominated anyway based on his on field performances. Hamilton will win easily for being the best of two drivers who drive the Mercedes.

Inigo Montoya

Rashford doesn't deserve to be nominated anyway based on his on field performances. Hamilton will win easily for being the best of two drivers who drive the Mercedes.
He won't be nominated because they'll be embarrassed if he wins

Inigo Montoya

What really annoys me about this is how hung up people get on the word 'personality'. I've always taken it to just be a fancy word for person.. Mad to think people try and discourage somebodies sporting achievements because they don't believe they have enough banter
Princess Anne won it one year over George Best....go figure

Chairman Steve

Pretty sure I posted this in last years thread but I’m amazed people still care about this award.

I like that they gave Rashford a special award because they knew the public would have voted for him overwhelmingly for the main award and there would have been outrage if he wasnt nominated.

Deery

Dreary
Tyson Fury did a video earlier asking for the BBC to pull him out of the running because he already is the people’s champ and doesn’t need any awards.

Inigo Montoya

Tyson Fury did a video earlier asking for the BBC to pull him out of the running because he already is the people’s champ and doesn’t need any awards.
Good for him, and sticking it to the BBC establishment who really want their heroes squeaky clean. But it is a public vote, and his adoring fans can choose to vote or not.

Deery

Dreary
Good for him, and sticking it to the BBC establishment who really want their heroes squeaky clean. But it is a public vote, and his adoring fans can choose to vote or not.
He has asked his fans not to vote for him..