BBC: SPOTY

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He has asked his fans not to vote for him..
He's the people's champ anyway apparently and is asking the people not to vote for him as he doesn't need awards.....while standing in front of...his awards.

Irony?

Deery

Dreary
He's the people's champ anyway apparently and is asking the people not to vote for him as he doesn't need awards.....while standing in front of...his awards.

Irony?
He knows he’s not going to win anyway, he’s just saving face not entering.

Inigo Montoya

He knows he’s not going to win anyway, he’s just saving face not entering.
True, then he can say in that self aggrandising boxer viewpoint, that he's the greatest anyway :lol:

Not since Mohammed Ali has anyone done that with the humour and tongue in cheek wit.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Good for him, and sticking it to the BBC establishment who really want their heroes squeaky clean. But it is a public vote, and his adoring fans can choose to vote or not.
I don't really get it though - he has been nominated for it before, and his explanation has nothing to do with sticking it to the BBC? Just the " I'm the people's champion and have no need for verification or any awards"

Inigo Montoya

I don't really get it though - he has been nominated for it before, and his explanation has nothing to do with sticking it to the BBC? Just the " I'm the people's champion and have no need for verification or any awards"
They took him off because of his comments. This is the BBC we're talking about...

lsd

The Oracle
Hamilton will win it. And deserves too.

Fury will be 2nd I'd have thought. If his fight with Wilder was more recent, there is every chance he would've won it.

Henderson will probably be on there too. cnut.

Hamilton should win because he drives the fastest car? It is barely a sport and more to do with engineering

United Hobbit

How is Rashy not on the list?

I'd have voted for him, out of those remaining, I'd pick Lewis Hamilton, much as I'm not keen on him as a person he's broken a lot of records this season

Deery

Dreary
How is Rashy not on the list?

I'd have voted for him, out of those remaining, I'd pick Lewis Hamilton, much as I'm not keen on him as a person he's broken a lot of records this season
What’s he done in a sporting capacity to justify making the list?

Dan_F

I wonder how many people won’t vote for Hamilton because they think he’s a dick, yet would like to see Fury win. Not sure why everyone is so confident Lewis will win, you’d think it would be pretty obvious given the relative achievements this year, but so many people dislike him.

RedFish

Why is Josh Taylor not on the list?????

I'd like Fury to win, although I think Hamilton will.

Also I'd be happy for a Ronnie win, absolute legend.

Deery

Dreary
Why is Josh Taylor not on the list?????

I'd like Fury to win, although I think Hamilton will.

Also I'd be happy for a Ronnie win, absolute legend.
Probably for getting coked up and racially abusing bouncers

Wilt

Don’t think Fury the self-proclaimed ‘people’s champion’ will be winning ....he’s drifting like a barge in the betting

United Hobbit

Surely Hamilton should win, much as I'm not keen on him as a person, and yes he has a good car, but he's broken more records this season. Bottas also shows its not just the car

Think Hollie Doyle will get top 3- however while she has done well, she hasn't won a jockeys title or something like the Derby...

My vote will go to Hamilton

Why won't they open the voting yet they're giving a very limited time to vote in?

Hope Rashy gets his special award, I'd imagine they will do one for Joe Wicks too?

Acole9

Outstanding
Anyone found the coverage a bit slapdash so far? They seemed to finish with Rashford a bit abruptly, then they did a strange montage on Rea the motorcycle guy and then they were like which brings us on to Hamilton.

In a pandemic is it really necessary to have four presenters on the stage. Even on a normal year it's excessive.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Is this a public vote or something?

How is this decided?

Wilt

Latest betting...
Hamilton 1/2
Henderson 2/1
ronnie 25/1
holly 10/1
tyson 40/1
Broad 250/1

All the late money for Henderson!

United Hobbit

Latest betting...
Hamilton 1/2
Henderson 2/1
ronnie 25/1
holly 10/1
tyson 40/1
Broad 250/1

All the late money for Henderson!
Trouble is all the Liverpool fans and those "neutrals" who wanted them to win the league will vote for him

Ronnie competes in a far more niche sport so will have less of the campaigns/ following to vote for him

I watch the racing and they're naming races vote Hollie/ running campaigns for her.

Oh no team of the year may go make a tea for that as we know who gets that!

United Hobbit

See what people mean re the coverage being a bit jumpy, they just showed that UFC fighter had won the overseas award, thought they may have showed him with it/ brief interview with him/ some of his fights but no we suddenly jump to football

Wilt

Trouble is all the Liverpool fans and those "neutrals" who wanted them to win the league will vote for him

Ronnie competes in a far more niche sport so will have less of the campaigns/ following to vote for him

I watch the racing and they're naming races vote Hollie/ running campaigns for her.

Oh no team of the year may go make a tea for that as we know who gets that!
Henderson was 16/1 this morning !

Wilt

Ashamed to admit I wasn't aware of his amazing achievements.

Mind you, I had literally no idea who Holly Doyle was or what she does until this evening.

If Doyle is in the running, then Rea most definitely should be too.

Why can't they have 7 options, anyway?
2 motor sports would have split the votes ....beeb want Hamiltons CAR to win

United Hobbit

Why is the voting time so short? Surely they could at least open it at the start of the show, those that knew who they wanted to vote for could do so, then those who didn't could still watch the clips and choose

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
2 motor sports would have split the votes ....beeb want Hamiltons CAR to win
As opposed to Rea's bike? Come on, Hamilton's achievements in F1 are unbelievable. No one thought Schumacher's records would be surpassed, Hamilton is highly likely to smash them.

This argument is so ridiculous, for a start Hamilton never fails to recognise the team, that he couldn't do it without them. Also, why do you think the best team employs the best driver? It's not a lucky coincidence, ffs!

He'd already won before he went to Mercedes, like Schumacher had already won before he went to Ferrari.

Acole9

Outstanding
Look at the state of that cnut, trainers with a suit that looks like it's come from primark.

United Hobbit

As opposed to Rea's bike? Come on, Hamilton's achievements in F1 are unbelievable. No one thought Schumacher's records would be surpassed, Hamilton is highly likely to smash them.

This argument is so ridiculous, for a start Hamilton never fails to recognise the team, that he couldn't do it without them. Also, why do you think the best team employs the best driver? It's not a lucky coincidence, ffs!

He'd already won before he went to Mercedes, like Schumacher had already won before he went to Ferrari.
I agree that Hamiltons car is vastly superior, however Bottas is in a Mercedes too but doesn't dominate in it like Hamilton, so a vast element is also Hamilton. Like Verstappen in his red bull, the car isn't comparable to the Mercedes, but he's winning races in it, despite Mercedes dominance

United Hobbit

Soon as they said team of the year just knew what was coming :houllier:

Nice to see Rashy get his award, it actually reminded me about the program on him tomorrow

Oh no not.a double whammy coach of the year?!