BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Three years late. but a sensible appointment.

That's the most annoying thing, Mourinho was perfect for SAF to hand over the reigns to and I've no doubt that we would still be challenging on all fronts if we did make that move. Instead we've had 2awful managers that have put us back years.

Finally it looks like we will get in mourinho but he's got a hell of a job to get us challenging again.

Member 5225

I genuinely think this will be the job that defines Jose Mourinho. Having no crazy shackles like at his previous clubs (esp Chelski, RMadrid, Inter, etc), in total control....control of players, transfers, the full authority....I reckon he'd relish it.
Oh and helps we would be willing to back him to ridiculous levels in the transfer market.
Match made in heaven IMHO :drool:
A refresh of my thoughts - from earlier in the thread.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I simply don't get how this thread has 385 pages when there have been just a couple of news updates every week!
Is it pros and cons being listed every day by everyone or is it everyone just hoping for the announcement

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I think he messed up Inter by running his elder players into the ground, spending too much money and not rotating enough.
The season after he left Inter they won the cup and came second in the league and he spent something like 30m net over two seasons. He also left them as the first Italian team in history to win the treble and only the fourth team in the world to achieve the quintuple (something they completed after he left). In the season he left Chelsea they came second and reached the champions league final, losing on penos (you might remember it). Granted, these teams' performance wasn't as good as when he was their manager, but then - he's a top manager and you'd expect teams to be weaker after his departure.

Talking about Mourinho's terrible third seasons, lets have a look.

Porto - didn't have one
Chelsea - 2nd in the league, FA cup winners, League cup winners, Champions league Semi finalists.
Inter - didn't have one
Real - 2nd in the league, Cup finalists, Champions League semi-finalists.

These seasons aren't terrible in relation to anything much other than Mourinho's own superlative earlier seasons.

Reactions: Invictus

Hammerfell

The season after he left Inter they won the cup and came second in the league and he spent something like 30m net over two seasons. He also left them as the first Italian team in history to win the treble and only the fourth team in the world to achieve the quintuple (something they completed after he left). In the season he left Chelsea they came second and reached the champions league final, losing on penos (you might remember it). Granted, these teams' performance wasn't as good as when he was their manager, but then - he's a top manager and you'd expect teams to be weaker after his departure.

Talking about Mourinho's terrible third seasons, lets have a look.

Porto - didn't have one
Chelsea - 2nd in the league, FA cup winners, League cup winners, Champions league Semi finalists.
Inter - didn't have one
Real - 2nd in the league, Cup finalists, Champions League semi-finalists.

These seasons aren't terrible in relation to anything much other than Mourinho's own superlative earlier seasons.
Shhh, you'll ruin the agenda.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So beIN Sports in English now saying it's done.

Interestingly, they had none other than John Richardson on to comment on it....the same twat who was peddling the "it will never happen..." Nonsense a matter of weeks ago.
Every time that feckwit is mentioned I just remember him sitting on mutv saying he knows people close to Bale and he reckons him coming to United is a done deal last summer. Absolutely clueless he is.

Shark

@NotShark
I simply don't get how this thread has 385 pages when there have been just a couple of news updates every week!
Is it pros and cons being listed every day by everyone or is it everyone just hoping for the announcement
I'd say LVG doing the most shit job imaginable has something to do with this thread being posted in frequently. Most of us are desperate for Mourinho.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Twigginater turns into GlastonSpur when talking about Mourinho. Pointless debating with him.
You have to wonder how he'll cope with the next few days. Everything he's been spunking against for the last 6 months or so will become reality, my bet is he'll be in a bright white room this time next week, rocking the fetal position as he desperately tries to get at the contents of his toilet that he's restrained from doing.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Mourinho completely ruined Inter by leading them to an unprecedented treble. I bet their fans still hate his fecking guts.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Richard Keys is on it lads. It's been smashed.

Shark

@NotShark
An FA cup triumph followed by this announcement will feel like we've had a fantastic end to the season.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Not at all. I've been saying for years that Mourinho is a short term manager who damaged clubs in the long run. Always said that. He's made numerous bad decisions.
He came to Porto. He won the League and CL with them. Porto? Who?
He then did the same with Inter.
If this is what you define as "damaging", then I would beg Jose to join MUFC and "damage" us, by winning the league and CL. And if he could "damage" us every year, I would be more than to allow him to continue "damaging" us, every season. And if he could "damage" us for the next 10 years, that'll be 10 league and CL doubles. I'll take that "damage" and beg for more.

The anti-Mourinho arguments are illogical.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He came to Porto. He won the League and CL with them. Porto? Who?
He then did the same with Inter.
If this is what you define as "damaging", then I would beg Jose to join MUFC and "damage" us, by winning the league and CL. And if he could "damage" us every year, I would be more than to allow him to continue "damaging" us, every season. And if he could "damage" us for the next 10 years, that'll be 10 league and CL doubles. I'll take that "damage" and beg for more.

The anti-Mourinho arguments are illogical.

I heard all of this before his spell at Chelsea as well.

RedPnutz

If Pep struggles next season are some going to right him off as well? Anybody can have a bad season.
This is weird because it sort of vindicates Moyes and LVG. Why are people so hateful towards LVG then?

From 7th he took us to 4th. Some maybe this is just 'a bad season'.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Twigginater is one of those parody accounts like Kevin. We're so used to him being positive now he's going to become a right miserable fecker. At this moment in time, I don't see how anyone can moan - just get LVG out of the hotseat and let's move on. I'm all for kids too but the fact is we cannot plan properly with a manager with a year to go.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think by shoring up the defence, buying and bringing through exceptional young talent and reducing the wage bill and getting rid of deadwood we are in an excellent position for next season.
We are in 5th place, buddy. How can you say, with a straight face that we are in a great position for next season?

Jose is joining us and whether you like it or not, we are very likely to start winning trophies again. You may not like this, but it's going to happen. Get used to it.

I heard all of this before his spell at Chelsea as well.
He won them the title?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Keys is a total gonk. I read a blog article of his yesterday, in which he rightly lauded Kenny Dalglish for his community activities after Hillsborough; yet Keys somehow made it sound as if the fight for justice was under the radar...until he made three Talksport documentaries about it. Ubertwat.

Keys said:
Those that heard those programmes will never forget them. It did the job. All of a sudden everybody was talking about Hillsborough.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd say LVG doing the most shit job imaginable has something to do with this thread being posted in frequently. Most of us are desperate for Mourinho.
Then shouldn't that be on LVG Out thread!

InfiniteBoredom

This is weird because it sort of vindicates Moyes and LVG. Why are people so hateful towards LVG then?

From 7th he took us to 4th. Some maybe this is just 'a bad season'.
LvG had two full seasons, after what's been a spotty club career since the turn of the millennium.

Moyes had done nothing before getting the job to justify giving him another season.

Sure, there's probably a bit of double standard being applied here, but the point is the likes of Mourinho, Pep, Carlo are considered vastly more successful coaches and are given more leeway when they have an off-season

Speedicut75

I yield to no man in my dislike of LVG, and my fervent belief that we'd be well served if he pissed off forthwith, but is everyone getting giddy at the imminent prospect of Mourinho taking over because AS wrote an article saying it was a "done deal"? Wasn't this less than reliable publication making tedious reference, over-and-over-again, last summer, about DDG signing for Madrid? In fact, at one point they actually gave a date when the player was to be officially unveiled. Are they the sole reason, source wise, that people are now so confident that Vangle will be gone after the match this evening?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This thread is going to be mental if Jose is not announced by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.