BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
For all his faults, it would be utterly crass of United to bin him tonight. I doubt even Van Gaal would resign tonight.
Who cares?

Tonight, tomorrow, what difference does it make? We're not competing for a moral prize.

Will Absolute

Keys is a total gonk. I read a blog article of his yesterday, in which he rightly lauded Kenny Dalglish for his community activities after Hillsborough; yet Keys somehow made it sound as if the fight for justice was under the radar...until he made three Talksport documentaries about it. Ubertwat.

'Those that heard those programmes will never forget them. It did the job. All of a sudden everybody was talking about Hillsborough
.'
It's refreshing to encounter someone with no sense of irony about their own importance in the world! :lol:

mbb8

OMG guys!!! I don't know what to do with myself!!! Ugh, I'm gonna jump in the pool and swim this big fat boner off!!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
OMG guys!!! I don't know what to do with myself!!! Ugh, I'm gonna jump in the pool and swim this big fat boner off!!
Suggest you wait until we know for sure that Mou is coming:D You'll just have to manage your 'boner' until then

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Been busy and can't be arsed to read through the last 20+ pages or so. Why's everyone so confident that Jose's coming? Anything happen in the last 48 hours or so? Anyone reliable reporting this?

Von Mistelroum

I hope nobody is really expecting Van Gaal to announce that he's leaving today, or expecting some sort of announcement from the club. Even if he was going, it wouldn't be announced right as he wins the cup, or immediately upon losing it.

There has been a lot of paper talk because it's the last game, but I reckon that the absolute best case scenario is that, IF we were to lose, the club might start to think about replacing him (I still think he'd stay) and, if they did eventually do so, it'd be in a few weeks when they've had plenty of time to dither around and there's no time for the new manager to get players in....I'm so optimistic but I'm genuinely expecting this sort of thing with the way we're run now.

That, or no announcement will ever come and the season will start with Van Gaal smugly saying he told us he'd see us next season...

Minimalist

I don't know if an elite manager has the sort of season Mourinho just had. Possibly the worst season for a big club in recent memory.
Was Ferguson elite? Didn't he finish 2nd and then 11th the following season in his first few years?

Mourinho is definitely the most responsible person for the fall of Chelsea this season but I just don't think it's fair to make out like it means his managerial ability is in some way diminished.

If he joins us and finishes outside the top four again, then yeah, he probably has lost it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Give Lvg an upstairs job and bring Mou in as soon as possible.

Win or lose same outcome.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
If we win, i think LVG will say he wants to retire and thats how it will be played out. If we lose then mutual termination. Either way mourinho is coming. Expect LVG announcement by tuesday/wednesday.

Shark

@NotShark
I hope nobody is really expecting Van Gaal to announce that he's leaving today, or expecting some sort of announcement from the club. Even if he was going, it wouldn't be announced right as he wins the cup, or immediately upon losing it.

There has been a lot of paper talk because it's the last game, but I reckon that the absolute best case scenario is that, IF we were to lose, the club might start to think about replacing him (I still think he'd stay) and, if they did eventually do so, it'd be in a few weeks when they've had plenty of time to dither around and there's no time for the new manager to get players in....I'm so optimistic but I'm genuinely expecting this sort of thing with the way we're run now.

That, or no announcement will ever come and the season will start with Van Gaal smugly saying he told us he'd see us next season...
I don't expect it to be announced today but some have to also realise that football is a business. Woodward won't be thinking like you are.

spwd

So? He made the decision and it worked. Fergie has made such decisions countless times. Mark Robbins hadn't goal scored a goal he would have been sacked in all probability. So do you think Fergie was lucky too?

If a guy is lucky a lot of times then it clearly is more than just luck as you say

I mean lucky as in players like rashford getting him out the shit when it was 50/50 on wether he would produce but he had no other choice as he so,d the rest of the options!

How exactly did Mourinho damage Internazionale?
The only way he damaged inter was leaving which allowed Rafa in the door!

Was in qatar yesterday, will be masturbating today.
:lol:

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think it would be a good idea to make the announcement after a victory tonight. Vangle leaving as winner and we would have a good closing of an underwhelming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.