BBC vs ITV Euro 2020

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Which channel do you traditionally like more? It used to be BBC for me, but I’ve leaned more into ITV the last few tournaments. While I don’t really tune in to the pre/post-match discussion too often, I do find the ITV pundits more interesting.

Plus, the BBC traditionally had Mark Lawrenson as co-commentator. And he’s the absolute worst.

Anyway, here’s the BBC presenters: Gary Lineker, Gabby Logan, Eilidh Barbour, and Mark Chapman

And some of the pundits are: Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand, Alex Scott, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams, Mark Hughes, Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas, Jurgen Klinsmann, Charlie Adam. Among others

ITV will have: Ian Wright, Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Patrick Vieira, Graeme Souness, Ashley Cole, Eniola Aluko, Robert Earnshaw, Emma Hayes.

Last edited:

FatTails

Get rid of Souness and it would be ITV. As it stands, both are about as good as each other.

Which channel do you traditionally like more? It used to be BBC for me, but I’ve leaned more into ITV the last few tournaments. While I don’t really tune in to the pre/post-match discussion too often, I do find the ITV pundits more interesting.

Plus, the BBC traditionally had Mark Lawrenson as co-commentator. And he’s the absolute worst.

Anyway, here’s the BBC presenters: Gary Lineker, Gabby Logan, Eilidh Barbour, and Mark Chapman

And some of the pundits are: Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand, Alex Scott, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams, Mark Hughes, Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas, and Jurgen Klinsmann. Among others

ITV will have: Ian Wright, Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Patrick Vieira, Graeme Souness, Ashley Cole, Eniola Aluko, Robert Earnshaw, Emma Hayes.
which one is Jermaine Penis on? I’ll watch the other one.

Always preferred the BBC - no adverts. Although these days, I’ll tune in 30 seconds before KO and find something to do at half time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
BBC win and I'm a huge fan of Keane and Neville as pundits but all of the rest are trash

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

And some of the pundits are: Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand, Alex Scott, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams, Mark Hughes, Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas, and Jurgen Klinsmann. Among others

I like the way ITV got at least 1 person from Scotland and Wales. BBC got 2 Welshies and Alex Scott.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I can’t watch ITV on my tv because it’s not on my PS5 and the smart TV app doesn’t let me watch live TV. Absolutely hate it.

Oranges038

I'll have to decide with RTE in the mix too. But it's not worth watching without the old lads and not sure if they still have the Aprés Match sketches. They used to be a good laugh.

Looking at the lists it's probably going to be all three at some point for me depending on who's on each game.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Thierry Henry isn’t doing it anymore gone to work as assistant for Belgium.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I like the way ITV got at least 1 person from Scotland and Wales. BBC got 2 Welshies and Alex Scott.
I'm sure the beeb will at least wheel out Pat Nevin if nothing else.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I can’t watch ITV on my tv because it’s not on my PS5 and the smart TV app doesn’t let me watch live TV. Absolutely hate it.
Same reason it will be Beeb for me. My sky dish is a load of shit nowadays even though I paid for a new one not many years ago. Signal is temperamental. UHD BBC on smart TV for me. I don't listen to any commentary anyway.

Though, I might sneak in to ITV if Roy Keane is talking. He always gets a pot shot into Utd somewhere. :angel:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know what it is about the BBC. There is something really stale and dated about their general football coverage.

I'll watch them both because it's the fecking euros but if I could choose one to have all the games, I'd choose ITV.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He'd immediately be their best pundit if they did!
I wouldn't be surprised if he was to be fair. Seems good on the bits and pieces they have him do for the website.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I thought ITV's coverage of the 2018 WC was far better and looking at the lineups for this Euros ITV looks to be better again.

kidbob

Lets be honest wherever Keane is wins. Even if Souness happens to be there too.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Not enough info

Is Keane watching maguire or de gea ?

Is sourness watching pogba ?

Is Micah laughing ?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Depends on the game tbh. Never pay any attention to pundits as I generally switch on when the match starts and never watch HT or FT unless there’s been a special goal to watch again

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Depends on the game tbh. Never pay any attention to pundits as I generally switch on when the match starts and never watch HT or FT unless there’s been a special goal to watch again
Unfortunately ITV will have Sam Matterface as a commentator. BBC have Shearer, Rio and Cesc in studio for opening game.