BBC vs ITV Euro 2020

redshaw

Was fantastic to hear Clive Tyldesley and Ally last night, they have pretty good knowledge of other leagues as well. Clive has good enthusiasm for the game regardless of the club, country or players and still sounds sharp compared to others.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Used to prefer BBC, but ITV are better this tournament (although still far from great).

What the likes of Shearer, Jenas and Murphy have done to be BBC’s regulars over the years is beyond me. They’re awful.

I’m also getting really sick of English pundits in general knowing absolutely nothing about football outside of the PL. It’s hard to listen to sometimes as they squirm trying to think of stale cliches to describe players they’ve never watched before, hoping to kill enough time so the presenter moves the conversation on. Shearer talking about Immobile the other night was painful.
The Immobile chat was a real cringe. Usually the BBC without its adverts run out of things to talk about in some of the group games involving the lesser teams, and just revert to talking about England. I bet that would have happened if the BBC had the Austria/Montenegro coverage. Euro 2008 was particularly tough to watch in some of the games, since they couldn't talk about England. But Shearer and co are already just mumbling generalities to get them through.

Phil Neville used to catch a lot of flack for having the charisma of a baked potato, but he always does his homework and he brings a lot of knowledge and insight whenever he's on a panel. Though it's not like Shearer and Murphy are bringing charisma and enthusiasm to offset their limited knowledge either. They're just awful. At least Robbie Savage offsets his lack of insight by sounding like a pantomime villain.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
For all the stick commentators are getting, shout out to ally and Clive iirc yesterday who commentated on the game of the tournament so far Netherlands vs Ukraine and added to the spectacle. Didn't sound bored or boring and seemed to enjoy the match from the first minute just like the rest of us.

Acole9

Outstanding
Someone at ITV either has something in for Tyldesley or they're best mates with Matterface. Demoting him from lead commentator was bizarre.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I'm watching it all on Turkish TV. TRT are showing all the matchea free to air in 4K. And the pundits make more sense too even though I don't speak a word

tomaldinho1

no matter how good she is - she is excellent and puts the vast majority of her male counterparts in the shade - the BBC still have Jermaine Jenas.
Some people just are effortlessly likeable, she is one of them. I'd add in Crouch, Ian Wright, McCoist, Rio (maybe that's because I'm a United fan)...there's a certain charisma and general happiness about them which you really feel as a consumer.

Shearer, Jenas, Lawro...they just make me feel tired and old.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Any chance any of them have Kate Upton? That's what could rulactantly made my mind up.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Danny Murphy is a black hole into which all joy and animation disappears never to return. I can feel him sucking away at my will to live.

TheHeya

Wake me up when Danny Murphy has something positive to say. Everything that comes out of his mouth is negative.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For some reason, on the same monitor, I get ITV way sharper than the BBC footage. Weird.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
This Peter Crouch after-party show is a shambles. They had Charlie Adam on and both he and Crouch used to play with Marko Arnautovic so were discussing his controversial celebration. Both reiterating "he's a good lad" at every opportunity. Turns out he was being racist and shouting abuse. Good lad indeed.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-uefa-to-investigate-marko-arnautovic-remarks
He was moaning about Shaqiri’s attitude during Stoke’s relegation season the other night. There’s a theme of Stoke’s British players that season trying to paint themselves as blameless for how bad we were. Shaqiri was our best player by a mile.

Bosws87

Talking from watching it online via BBC Iplayer (UHD) and ITV Hub (dreadful)

there's only one winner.

Acole9

Outstanding
Talking from watching it online via BBC Iplayer (UHD) and ITV Hub (dreadful)

there's only one winner.
ITV has crap music and weird footage of the matches which means BBC purely win by default.

BlahRules

ITV has crap music and weird footage of the matches which means BBC purely win by default.
Love the conversion with the pundits. Listening to alan shearer makes me sleepy.

Let's not forget the commentary is so much better than BBC. I don't know why Jenas is the main man for BBC.

Acole9

Outstanding
Love the conversion with the pundits. Listening to alan shearer makes me sleepy.

Let's not forget the commentary is so much better than BBC. I don't know why Jenas is the main man for BBC.
In terms of coverage aside from the highlights packages itv are winning.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I usually like Ally but he's been a moaning b'stard tonight.

People/fans don't forget, this is France and Germany's first game. Its been a exciting match.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
So much nostalgia listening to Clive. Such a shame he’s not their lead commentator anymore.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nigel de Jong is fcuking dreamy. ITV May win for him alone.
He's been brilliant, ITV seem to realise they're on to a winner so seem to be getting him on pretty much every match.

For once I think ITV have generally been better in most aspects so far. Longer build ups, better pundits, commentators etc.

That guy who was commentating on the Scottish game was dreadful, described the halfway line goal like it was a 5 yard tap in. :lol:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I thought Clive was going to die from excitement at how many World Cup and CL winners were on the pitch tonight.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
ITV have hit out the park with de Jong, Emma Hayes, Clive and Ally (should be main commentators) Keano and Neville. Eni Aluko is shite though.

r.blkhr

Supports
No one in particular
Nigel de Jong is trying to hard at ITV (and Bein Sports), energy draining listening to him.

Usually I'm a big fan of watching games on German ZDF, probably not an option for most people here.

Flying high

Clive and Ally are by far the best team on either station. Should be the main men, not bloody Matterface.
Only because the competition is really poor though.

I found McCoist particularly annoying in the France game. The narrative seems to be more important than what is actually happening on the pitch.

And the ITV web player is crap.

GlasgowCeltic

Thought Rob Green was great on the highlights yesterday, sounds like he understands football, BBC should use him more

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Usually like McCoist but last night he seemed to be talking about everything except what was actually happening. And he seemed to not think much of our Paul. Kanté though? I think he’d marry him if he could.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Usually like McCoist but last night he seemed to be talking about everything except what was actually happening. And he seemed to not think much of our Paul. Kanté though? I think he’d marry him if he could.
When he dropped that "70% of the world is covered by water, the rest is by Kante" I actually cringed. Was he on @TrollFootball's account in the afternoon before?