Bebe | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

x42bn6

Football agents. :mad:

If this is true, this is quite staggering really... Sir Alex defended Keegan over his sacking from Newcastle. One of the things why Keegan walked from Newcastle was because Mike Ashley (and possibly Dennis Wise) bought Ignacio González to the club in return for "favours" from South American agents.

In this video, Sir Alex specifically mentions "managers not being in control of their team any more" (around the minute mark).

Here's hoping Bébé isn't just a more expensive version of Ignacio González and was just... a mistake.

VoetbalWizard

You don't think Mendes would do business with us unless we bought a player from him that we didn't really want?
Esp with younger players (even if they are hyped up and in the senior team of a big country), agents will have their ear and will be a major influence in where they sign. United really target these young stars and have been increasingly looking to latin markets compard to 15 years ago. Mendes is the top dog in this area and hence we want to make sure he'd advise his clients to come to us should we show interest but also say competitors like yer barca/madrid/milans show interest.

I'm not saying this is right (the bebe shit), but all the facts point to 'funneling' money to mendes as being a very plausible explanation, to increase our 'ties' with him and influence him to funnel talent our way inthe future.

The fact that various accounts have shown bebe's transfer to be paid up front and in full (when is the last time that happened..yes i know ronnie was done the same way when we sold him but that's well ronnie). That's a red flag. The fact he was a 'no body' prior, another red flag. The fact fergie never saw him play and its the first player he's signed like this..another red flag.

Too much dirt here. Even though united are one of the more 'cleaner' clubs i reckon, its still football...and the whole business of football is bent, hence we're bound to have some shady deals such as this.

Moriarty

You don't think Mendes would do business with us unless we bought a player from him that we didn't really want?
Of course he would. Why would he toss away the chance to make millions just because United decline to take on one of his players that we don't rate? If an agent won't do business with United, do you think any of his players who aspire to play for us will remain on his books?

Hitchcocker

Of course he would. Why would he toss away the chance to make millions just because United decline to take on one of his players that we don't rate? If an agent won't do business with United, do you think any of his players who aspire to play for us will remain on his books?
How many top/up and coming European players actually want to play for United the same way Cesc wants to play for Barca? Very few I'd imagine.

Commadus

So we did not axctivate our right to buy ljajic and opted for Bebe for similar money when everyone and his dog could see who was the better player.

If ther eis smoke theire's fire and this Bebe deal reaks.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I would like to be proved wrong, but I don't think we'll see Bebe in a United shirt again.

prateik

Why wouldnt the club pay Mendes some other way.
What did he get from the deal? 30% of 7.4m, ie, 2.2m and some agent fee.. total around 3m?

Surely there has to be a more efficient way of paying someone 3m than spending 7.4+agent fee+ signing on fee+ wages (~10k/week= 500k) which would give some random Portuguese club 5.2m and cost the club a total of around 9m

I find it hard to believe these conspiracy theories. I think people find it hard to believe we can feck up so badly. It looks like we might have.

He might still come good.. Who knows what a season of regular football will do for him
maybe we have a buy back clause of 10m and we can pay some more money to Mendes buying the player back from Besiktas :D

Moriarty

How many top/up and coming European players actually want to play for United the same way Cesc wants to play for Barca? Very few I'd imagine.
I have no idea and neither do you, but Mendes wouldn't have developed a relationship with the club if he couldn't supply top talent to us. The Bebe deal remains a mystery and I hope it's a one off.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
I don't buy any of these conspiracy theories.

The primary recommendation to sign the player came from Toninho Cruz, a scout that Ferguson rates very highly.

fadas

Hopefully, he sneaks off quietly to Turkey & we can all forget the whole sorry joke.

Better than David May at the celebrations though. Never off the front of the bus & the front row at the trophy presentation.

Number7

Ret's Slave
David Conn
david_conn David Conn
.@sman3d Jorge Mendes "owned" 30% of Bebe, and got a 10% agent fee, so received €3.6m, 40%, of the €9m #mufc paid for the v v promising Bebe

forevrared

So we give Mendes a boat load of cash and get a player who just might be a diamond in the rough.

Best case scenario we give Mendes a bunch of money and get a good player before anyone else finds out about him. There's a precedent for players developing late and let's be honest - we'd all have loved to sign the next Drogba for only 7m. In the scheme of things it wasn't a huge transfer fee paid to Bebe's club and we stand to recoup a bit of it. The rest of the money would've found its way to Mendes one way or another.

Commadus

% weeks before we signed him we could have got him for free now we have spent £7.5m.

£7.5m is a top players salary for a year. It's a lot of money. Either Mendes did us over or we just didn't do our due dilligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.