Film Ben Affleck to step down as Batman. Nick Jonas to take over?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout

Matt Reeves plans to build The Batman around a younger version of the superhero, hence Affleck's decision to walk away from the franchise. The new standalone film is supposed to be released in 2021.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You can only rinse and repeat Batman so many times. It was perfect befure - Tim Burton, 20 year wait, Chris Nolan. I don't really give a shit about so different Batman spins thereafter.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
What with this and having James Gunn semi reboot Suicide Squad (after one whole film), they're going to have a very strange cinematic universe dynamic for the next few films.

arthurka

:lol: DC are so rubbish...
Batman is such a great brand, but they just seem absolutely clueless.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This endless series of films is pigeonist against the Caf's very own superhero Mr Pigeon.

SteveJ

Scout
Who? Mr Pigeon or Ben Affleck?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
If they want a genuine universe, they either need to cut their loses and start from scratch, or do a flashpoint and start from scratch.

If theyre not bothered about the universe, i guess they should just concentrate on whats making them money and just crack with that. Bit shit for what little fans they have left though.

meamth

:lol: DC are so rubbish...
Batman is such a great brand, but they just seem absolutely clueless.
I don't think they are clueless. They revitalized Batman's stature from hiring Nolan, but after that, it was a disaster.

It's partly down to Nolan's successful vision to make it dark and gritty that led to its demise. Snyder trying to be Nolan is what's wrong with the universe until Wonderwoman and Aquaman saved it.

DC is clueless with their head recruitment. Zack Snyder was the main problem.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It should be a woman, just for Twitter bantz

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wait Batman is still relevant? Thought it ended with the Dark Knight Rises? :confused:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Which one is Nick? The one who had that ridiculous Bollywood wedding or the cnut dating Sansa Stark?

Andersons Dietician

Thank heavens, Affleck was the biggest mistake in the DC universe. How they planned to build a franchise round him I’ll never know. How are they going to explain this younger Batman now going forward, whole things a complete mess.

@Varun watch Kingdom, might change your mind.

Last edited:

SteveJ

Scout
You're surely a better actor than Ben, chief.

Drifter

American
Looking forward to them showing the detective side of Batman., which get's overlooked and what he was originally about.

starman

Oscar Isaac or Armie Hammer are interesting choices from some of the name mentioned, however Isaac is a bit puny. Batman is supposed to be 6.3, and Isaac is 5.9. Hammer is 6.5, plus he also has youth on his side if they are going for a younger version.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

If it’s not Bale then surely it has to be Gyllenhaal, Fassbender or just some unknown, there isn’t really anyone I can just think of that I would think yeah that’s Batman.

Lastwolf

If it’s not Bale then surely it has to be Gyllenhaal, Fassbender or just some unknown, there isn’t really anyone I can just think of that I would think yeah that’s Batman.
They said younger, both those guys are like 5 years younger than "older batman" Affleck

There's not been a bad Batman/Bruce Wayne onscreen yet.And the ones who are considered to be 'poor representations' of the caped crusader were merely let down by those films having poor narrative structure and tone.
Any decent actor could successfully pull off Batman.I mean look at Affleck. Hardly a actor with a great range and yet his Batman was relatively allright, in what was a shambles of a production in his two outings.

Andersons Dietician

They said younger, both those guys are like 5 years younger than "older batman" Affleck
I suppose it depends on how it’ll fit in to the DCU. You can’t exactly insert a 25 yr old in to it, both those guys seem and act a lot younger than Affleck. Gyllenhaal being 8 years younger than Affleck where as Fassbender is only 4 but like I said they come across as much younger. Affleck was just so wooden and always the wrong choice if they intended to build a franchise.

I get that was sort of the Batman they wanted but that decision screwed everything up right from the start. I also can’t really think of any decent people under 30 that would be a good Batman. Just hoping it’s not someone crap like Jamie Dorran or Armie Hammer.

I suppose it depends on how it’ll fit in to the DCU. You can’t exactly insert a 25 yr old in to it, both those guys seem and act a lot younger than Affleck. Gyllenhaal being 8 years younger than Affleck where as Fassbender is only 4 but like I said they come across as much younger. Affleck was just so wooden and always the wrong choice if they intended to build a franchise.

I get that was sort of the Batman they wanted but that decision screwed everything up right from the start. I also can’t really think of any decent people under 30 that would be a good Batman. Just hoping it’s not someone crap like Jamie Dorran or Armie Hammer.
Armie Hammer is hardly crap.Have you seen Call Me by Your Name ?