Film Ben Affleck to step down as Batman. Nick Jonas to take over?

Oldyella

That was garbage. My favorite movie of all the lot is still "Man of Steel" and it could have done with a more cheerful Clark Kent
Agreed. Just wish Pa Kent wasn't such an idiot. Rest of it was good.

Andersons Dietician

After catching Wonder Woman again and enjoying it felt like I should maybe give JL and BvS a once over again but feck was I wrong, Off the top of my head I can’t name a worse cluster feck of a film than JL, it’s just atrocious.

It’s going to be really intresting to see how they are going to try and rescue this.

Trying to remember now why Superman was even angry at Batman and how it was Batman’s fault?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Snyder was shite. Ayer was shite. Warner Bros were generally shite. They killed DC for a while.

lsd

The Oracle
After catching Wonder Woman again and enjoying it felt like I should maybe give JL and BvS a once over again but feck was I wrong, Off the top of my head I can’t name a worse cluster feck of a film than JL, it’s just atrocious.

It’s going to be really intresting to see how they are going to try and rescue this.

Trying to remember now why Superman was even angry at Batman and how it was Batman’s fault?

Was he angry ? Just seemed to be some stupid idea Bruce had that Superman needed to be stopped for no other reason than he was powerful

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Snyder was shite. Ayer was shite. Warner Bros were generally shite. They killed DC for a while.
Though in some ways, Snyder was an ironically perfect choice for a certain breed of angry stunted fanboy stereotype. The kind who think The Dark Knight is good because it’s “dark”, and the Joker is cool, or that Rorschach is the hero of Watchman rather than a damning meta-indictment of his trope.

Also slow motion.

Andersons Dietician

Was he angry ? Just seemed to be some stupid idea Bruce had that Superman needed to be stopped for no other reason than he was powerful
There is more to that story due to the paranoia created by darkseid but in JL Wonder Woman and Batman keep going on about how he better hope he isn’t the first thing superman sees blah blah blah but for the life of me and having just rewatched BvS I really can’t figure out why there would be a massive beef between them as it seemed over and done with after the Martha scene, which was again a steaming pile of turd.

The only good thing about this film is that there is one pretty cool visual scene where it zooms out on Doomsday and Superman having a staring contest.

Sweet Square

Though in some ways, Snyder was an ironically perfect choice for a certain breed of angry stunted fanboy stereotype. The kind who think The Dark Knight is good because it’s “dark”, and the Joker is cool, or that Rorschach is the hero of Watchman rather than a damning meta-indictment of his trope.
Other than odd people like me who think The Dark Knight is a film about the reaction of the political class to the 2008 financial crisis. Everyone else likes the film for the reasons you mentioned right. Most reviews I remember at the time where just long winded versions of “Jiminy jillickers!” Batman, why so serious""

Does anyone know why its actually good ?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Other than odd people like me who think The Dark Knight is a film about the reaction of the political class to the 2008 financial crisis. Everyone else likes the film for the reasons you mentioned right. Most reviews I remember at the time where just long winded versions of “Jiminy jillickers!” Batman, why so serious""

Does anyone know why its actually good ?
It's good and well-liked film because it's sort of serious enough to seem like a film with some weight behind it, but not too serious so as to turn off mainstream audiences. It's got a great cast, an excellent villain, a strong conflict, a suitably dramatic and boom-laden Zimmer soundtrack, and it's well-directed by Nolan who knows how to make an interesting film while telling you all the themes exactly through dialogue, just for anyone who happened to miss them. Somehow it managed to get the serious/fun balance spot on though, which I think is the most important part. Any funnier and it'd have been too zany to be taken seriously. Any more miserable and it'd have been accused of being too up its own arse. I'm not a huge fan of the genre in general but it works very well as a film within that genre in its own right.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It's good and well-liked film because it's sort of serious enough to seem like a film with some weight behind it, but not too serious so as to turn off mainstream audiences. It's got a great cast, an excellent villain, a strong conflict, a suitably dramatic and boom-laden Zimmer soundtrack, and it's well-directed by Nolan who knows how to make an interesting film while telling you all the themes exactly through dialogue, just for anyone who happened to miss them. Somehow it managed to get the serious/fun balance spot on though, which I think is the most important part. Any funnier and it'd have been too zany to be taken seriously. Any more miserable and it'd have been accused of being too up its own arse. I'm not a huge fan of the genre in general but it works very well as a film within that genre in its own right.
Yeah, well summarized.

Sweet Square

But isn't this what the people Mockney is referring to are trying to say ? Ok it's a bit lazy to just say it's a good film because it's dark or gritty. Ideally they would point out as you did the weight behind the film and the strong conflict etc. But they are pretty spot about the film by saying wow pencil trick scene cool !

I find that only thing that elevates the film past being it a very well done and enjoyable blockbuster and into a more interesting film(I should of said interesting instead of good in my last post)worth watching is the underlining political stuff. For a movie seen by almost everyone as one of the best movies of the past ten 10 years, I find there's a lack of intentional depth to it.

Although makes it all the more brilliant the fact that Nolan has made two(The other being The Dark Knight Rises. A film that tells us bank regulation will lead to the poor breaking into Nolan house and stealing all his precious doubloons.)of the best political movies of the 21st century and he did it by complete accident and has still no idea about it either.

The Dark Knight Rise is the best of the Noaln Batman films.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's a good batman and should have been perfect for The Dark Knight Returns. Amazing how badly they fecked up his Batman vs Superman when the original TDKR was so damn good.

SirtheIcarium

As a Batman fan for 40 years, I'm glad for this.

I always felt he should have been DC's Kevin Feige rather than their RDJ. He's an Oscar winning writer (Good Will Hunting), an incredible director, and looks like Batman should look. He loves comics and knows this world. Unfortunately he got stuck with Zack Snyder.

I still would love to see his Batman v Deathstroke film.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
As a Batman fan for 40 years, I'm glad for this.

I always felt he should have been DC's Kevin Feige rather than their RDJ. He's an Oscar winning writer (Good Will Hunting), an incredible director, and looks like Batman should look. He loves comics and knows this world. Unfortunately he got stuck with Zack Snyder.

I still would love to see his Batman v Deathstroke film.
He put in a good shift but I think he was too big a name for it. Wasn't a fan of the bumchin either. Tbf whoever followed Bale was destined to fail, and the Snyderverse didn't really help.

Chairman Steve

Batfleck was good in my opinion, along with Jeremy Irons as Alfred. The problem is they‘ve been saddled with shit scripts.

I like all the scenes those two do together and I wanted to watch more of them when I watched Batman vs Superman for example

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He put in a good shift but I think he was too big a name for it. Wasn't a fan of the bumchin either. Tbf whoever followed Bale was destined to fail, and the Snyderverse didn't really help.
Good shift? He didn't even get a solo film in the end. They ballsed up batman. Not his fault mind.

Mike Smalling

I thought there were more movies coming with Pattinson as well. Are we going to have two different Batmen at the same time?