Ben Brereton Díaz

TheGame

Not seen a thread on this guy. 22 years old, born in Stoke but capped and plays for Chile (3 goals in 9 caps). 19 goals in 23 appearances for Blackburn this season. Seems only a matter of time before a Premier League team snaps him up if Blackburn don't get promoted.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Saw something amusing on twitter -

Ben Brereton - 9 goals in 88.
Ben Brereton Diaz - 17 goals in 23.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Used to play for us if I remember rightly, long time ago.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Didn't know that.
Yeah, was in the academy for quite a few years. Don't know if he made it to U18 level with us though.

My friend's a Blackburn fan and he's in love with him. Looked a solid player from the few times he dragged me to Ewood, something tells me someone like Villa or Everton will snap him up.

Nicolarra90

We all love him in Chile. He's been really class and the only reason we are back in the WC race.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's a great story, I've seen him a fair few times on the box and once live - hardly takes your breath away ability wise, he reminds me a bit of Conor Gallagher.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems since he became an international player he’s gone up a couple levels. Didn’t think he would become this prolific

Classical Mechanic

He played for England as a youth but wasn't that good and couldn't get in our u21s when Chile snapped him up. His record in the Championship was pretty rubbish at that point too. He's got a lot better in a short space of time. Not sure if he's ever going to be more than a Che Adams level player though.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Love his workrate. The guy runs his ass off for the team. He has no trouble tracking back to his own box if necessary.

Good technique for being a big boy. His finish and composure ability is top notch.

Hopefully we see him in the premier league soon.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Getting that random call up for Chile and training with likes of Alexis and Vidal has massively boosted his confidence.

I think if Blackburn keep him they go up automatically.

You can see him being on Brighton's radar though given they are yet again having issues scoring goals and could even see Newcastle going for him (with one eye on next season) so a 20m + striker now.

One of the sporting stories of 2021 imo. 12 months ago I'd never heard of him and now he's a mega star in Chile ffs. :lol:

poleglass red

never seen him play, but he's listed at 6 ft 1 in, so I will chime in with the proverbial "great touch for a big man"

CallyRed

Goes to show that anything is possible when you change your name.

TheReligion

Abusive
Blackburn have an option to extend by one year. I think he'll end coming to the Premier League anyway next year with Blackburn.
Didn’t realise there was an option.

If Rovers don’t go up then he’ll surely get a move anyway mind?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Blackburn have an option to extend by one year. I think he'll end coming to the Premier League anyway next year with Blackburn.
Wow, so they actually came back from the lows of this:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Free in the summer. Surely he’ll get a PL move?
If they do go up you'd think the smart play would be 1 year in the PL and then move on.

Blackburn might want to cash in now though while his stock is high, or risk losing him for free.

TheReligion

Abusive
If they do go up you'd think the smart play would be 1 year in the PL and then move on.

Blackburn might want to cash in now though while his stock is high, or risk losing him for free.
and from the players perspective if he doesn’t have a Pukki style season in the PL then he might not get that good of a move than he would this summer?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s insane how much confidence he has gained by representing Chile and adding Diaz to his name. Maybe we should try something similar for our out of form players?

Harry Maguire Chavez?

Spaghetti

Mom's
It’s insane how much confidence he has gained by representing Chile and adding Diaz to his name. Maybe we should try something similar for our out of form players?

Harry Maguire Chavez?
I like it.

Cristiano Ronaldo Nazário

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's a very cool and interesting story.

We all love him in Chile. He's been really class and the only reason we are back in the WC race.
That's great to hear. How is his Spanish and do you get the feeling he's genuinely seen as an insider in the squad or is it because he's scoring goal?

EDIT: Just seen this, so he's obviously not fluent at the moment:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Am hoping so but it will be tricky. We’ve got that year so think it will mean we can get an Armstrong fee. I defintely think he can do well in La Liga or the Premier League. I think he could leave even if we got up, unfortunately. He‘s got a lot of attributes and could add a lot to teams like Brighton or Palace. I think he could also be a good squad player further up the league.

Nicolarra90

That's great to hear. How is his Spanish and do you get the feeling he's genuinely seen as an insider in the squad or is it because he's scoring goal?

No Spanish but his passion shows.

He is like Cavani playing for united in that sense, without the media flirting with other national teams.

So of course everyone is delighted.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

MUFC OK

"In England, I'm from Stoke-on-Trent" :lol::lol::lol:

frookydinho

Harry Maguire Chavez?

He needs more then just adding Ez to his name

GlasgowCeltic

Hope he leaves and Blackburn aren't promoted, don't want to see Tony Mowbray back in top level football