Ben Chilwell | Chelsea player

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Excellent signing. Wish we had at least one attacking FB like him.

El-Manos

Doesn’t really improve them that much in my opinion. They’re doing good business though, fair play to them.

Utd7

Look...a club with ambition making yet another good signing and backing their manager.

DRM

feck me, great business by Chelsea so far.

Chilwell, ziyech, Werner, thiago Silva and I'm sure they'll add havertz. What a transfer window!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent signing. Wish we had at least one attacking FB like him.
He's no better then Shaw apart from having a better cross. We don't need to be jealous at all.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He was blue before, it should read #BenIsStillBlueSomewhereElse or something. Heads should roll in Chelsea's marketing dept. for this.

dbs235

Expecting this thread to be bumped with "£50m :lol:" every time Chelsea concede a goal this season :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's no better then Shaw apart from having a better cross. We don't need to be jealous at all.
Apart from staying healthy, reliable, more dynamic, and better cross. I'm pretty jealous, tbh.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Expecting this thread to be bumped with "£50m :lol:" every time Chelsea concede a goal this season :lol:
That would be disappointing if fans don't use full fee, assuming we will see lot of different fee.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I take it we're saving the big blockbuster cinematic masterpiece announcement for Havertz?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Doesn’t really improve them that much in my opinion. They’re doing good business though, fair play to them.
Simply for the fact that he can move about the pitch with pace means he should improve us a decent amount. Alonso moves like a 50 year old when in a back 4 and Azpi is a RB who is already poor going forward in his natural position.

roonster09

Scout
Even Kante is on a mere 150k a week there. Werner is on 170k.
Chilwell would probably be somewhere around 125k, I’d think.
Kante is around 300k per week, reported by Matt Law.

90 + 5min

Although he is good player, he is overrated.

Question is, is he even upgrade from Alonso? I'm not that sure. Younger and the one thing that he is english doesn't make him suddenly a great player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Although he is good player, he is overrated.

Question is, is he even upgrade from Alonso? I'm not that sure. Younger and the one thing that he is english doesn't make him suddenly a great player.
Take it from someone who has watched every single game Alonso has played for Chelsea. Chilwell is a big upgrade. He may not be that highly rated by many on here, but he's still a big upgrade on Alonso.

TheLord

Kante is around 300k per week, reported by Matt Law.
Really! Can you post the source?

——

Chelsea Players
AgeWeekly Wages
Kepa Arrizabalaga24£150k
N’Golo Kante28£150k: updated 290k
Willian (released)31£120k
Jorginho27£110k
Olivier Giroud32£110
Mateo Kovacic25£100k
[Irrelevant point]28£100k
Ross Barkley25£100k
Pedro (released)32£100k
Antonio Rudiger26£100k
Cesar Azpilicueta30£145k
Michy Batshuayi25£90k
Andreas Christensen23£80k
Tammy Abraham21£50k
Emerson Palmieri25£75k
Kurt Zouma24£40k
Ruben Loftus-Cheek23£60k
Willy Caballero37£35k
Issaiah Brown22£25k
Callum Hudson-Odoi18£180k
Mason Mount20£75k
Christian Pulisic20£145k
Reece James19no sources
Timo Werner24£173k
Hakim Ziyech27£100k

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Thiago Silva and Havertz apparently inbound shortly as well. Good additions to the squad, will be interesting to see how Havertz develops with us.

Personally don't see them taking us any higher than 3rd though but hopefully will get a positive surprise.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
No he doesn't, even you don't. Percy who is very reliable reporter reported 190k per week.
Chilwell was supposedly on £65k per week at Leicester, we wouldn’t need to treble that to sign him.

We’re also paying Werner £170k a week. Why would we be paying our left back £20k a week more than our star striker?

Most sites show that £190k would make Chilwell close to, if not our highest earner. That’s clearly not the case

roonster09

Scout
Really! Can you post the source?

——

Chelsea PlayersAgeWeekly Wages
Kepa Arrizabalaga24£150k
N’Golo Kante28£150k
Willian31£120k
Jorginho27£110k
Olivier Giroud32£110
Mateo Kovacic25£100k
[Irrelevant point]28£100k
Ross Barkley25£100k
Pedro32£100k
Antonio Rudiger26£100k
Cesar Azpilicueta30£145k
Michy Batshuayi25£90k
Andreas Christensen23£80k
Tammy Abraham21£50k
Emerson Palmieri25£75k
Kurt Zouma24£40k
Ruben Loftus-Cheek23£60k
Willy Caballero37£35k
Issaiah Brown22£25k
Callum Hudson-Odoi18£180k
Mason Mount20£75k
Christian Pulisic20£145k
Reece James19no sources
Timo Werner24£173k
Hakim Ziyech27£100k
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...te-verge-signing-bumper-new-chelsea-deal/amp/

90 + 5min

Take it from someone who has watched every single game Alonso has played for Chelsea. Chilwell is a big upgrade. He may not be that highly rated by many on here, but he's still a big upgrade on Alonso.
I think you are bit harsh on Alonso. I always thought that, with him on pitch, you were a better team in both directions. Underrated by pretty much everyone.

If you have watched Leicester this year you must be worried about tactical side of Chilwell. He has good attacking quality but as a defender there is a very big question.

BiggusCrickus

Chelsea making some good signings all a good age. They closing the gap to city and liverpool. Whilst Ed does what ever Ed does

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I don't doubt that. I've not seen that much of him in comparison to Chelsea fans but I'm not a fan of Alonso at all.

SATA

He made the most of the Bayern links to him and Chelsea caved in to his demands.
Little wonder he chose to stay despite getting little game time again where he could have been playing regularly at a top club in Europe. I would too

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think you are bit harsh on Alonso. I always thought that, with him on pitch, you were a better team in both directions. Underrated by pretty much everyone.

If you have watched Leicester this year you must be worried about tactical side of Chilwell. He has good attacking quality but as a defender there is a very big question.
I really don't think I am. He has an eye for the goal, there's always a chance that he'll pop up in the right place at the right time to score a vital goal, but his overall defensive and attacking contributions has been quite poor. He's looked pretty decent compared to Emerson, but that's a very low bar.

I don't expect the world from Chilwell, but the hope is that he improves with time, but even as he is now, he improves the team immediately.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't doubt that. I've not seen that much of him in comparison to Chelsea fans but I'm not a fan of Alonso at all.
Yeah I don't think he's terrible player, for what it's worth. He's just painfully average and reeaaalllyyy slow in everything he does on the pitch.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's quicker than Alonso is and better at passing and dribbling the ball, too. Defensively, he's no better, but that wouldn't matter much as he'll offer Chelsea more going forward.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Always seen him as “a whole lot faster” Alonso, minus the set piece prowess of course. I've always been of the thought that if Alonso had pace he'd be world class. I'm glad we are getting that for a 23yr old England international. 50m is still a lot but at least its not 80m as we were made to believe we'll get rinsed for ‘Maguire style’.
The last big English LB move was a hugh success, hopefully this one follows suit.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
What is Hudson Odoi doing there at 180K per week? :eek:
ell the fact that Kante is on 290k instead of 150k as shown on the list makes me doubt all the figures on that list, including Hudson-Odoi’s.

What was widely reported was 120k after heavy incentives and bonuses. Safe to say he didn't get close to that last season.