Ben Chilwell | Chelsea player

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Wasn't Alonso keeping him out of the team with some really good form earlier this season? Chillwell has looked great since coming back into their side though, it'll be a miss for them even if the back up is good.
I think Tuchel said that was mainly because of the mental strain he had not playing a minute for England in the summer.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just saw photos of his new chick. I think, being a Chelsea left back, I'd not introduce her to any of the Chelsea players, at any point, ever.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just saw photos of his new chick. I think, being a Chelsea left back, I'd not introduce her to any of the Chelsea players, at any point, ever.
Eh, Jonh Terry's gone mate

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That was just a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is rife within those circles.
Eh. I'm of the opinion that professional athletes shouldn't bother about non-open relationships

I mean, anybody actually believes Chilwell isn't gonna cheat on her?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Eh. I'm of the opinion that professional athletes shouldn't bother about non-open relationships

I mean, anybody actually believes Chilwell isn't gonna cheat on her?
He can cheat-down, but she'll be cheating-up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
On that chelsea side? Havertz maybe? They're not exactly manchester united...
Nah, all Kante has to do is flash that adorable smile once and Chilwell is done out here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, all Kante has to do is flash that adorable smile once and Chilwell is done out here.
He's too puppy-like honestly. Havertz, James and Loftus-Cheek are the bangable ones on that team...Ziyech maybe. Thiago is married and a good christian so he's out

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's too puppy-like honestly. Havertz, James and Loftus-Cheek are the bangable ones on that team...Ziyech maybe. Thiago is married and a good christian so he's out
I mean JT was hardly the catch of the century either, so clearly being extremely good looking isn't always the determining factor :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Seems like this injury isn't as bad first feared. I might have missed the reports about his return being targeted as mid-january. I thought he was looking at missing the rest of the season.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Seems like this injury isn't as bad first feared. I might have missed the reports about his return being targeted as mid-january. I thought he was looking at missing the rest of the season.

They worded it wonky, They said the rest of the year (2021) and he would be evaluated in January. At first it seemed like they meant the rest of the season, that is when they stated he would be evaluated in January.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Good news then, can't be full ACL injury if that's the case.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Surgery. Out for the season. Rumours around recalling Maatsen/Emerson or signing Digne from Everton.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Surgery. Out for the season. Rumours around recalling Maatsen/Emerson or signing Digne from Everton.
Given how difficult they were to negotiate with in regards to Stones and Rom if they let Digne come here without a fight then that sets alarm bells off for me.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Digne on loan seems reasonable. Rafa's dropped him from their squad altogether I think.
Has Chilwell been injury prone for you guys? I'm just asking because I've felt like I remember him being out for your lot before.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Given how difficult they were to negotiate with in regards to Stones and Rom if they let Digne come here without a fight then that sets alarm bells off for me.

They wanted to keep those two.

Digne only signed a long term contract with Everton before falling out with Rafa. Now he's on £100k a week and can't make a 9 man bench.

A loan to us gets him off the wage bill, earns them a little loan fee and gets Digne in the shop window. Win/win/win for Everton unless they see us as a rival not to be strengthened, which would be mental.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Has Chilwell been injury prone for you guys? I'm just asking because I've felt like I remember him being out for your lot before.
He was injured (heel injury) when we signed him so didn't make his debut until about a month into the season for Lampard. He played 42 games for us that season.

Alart from that I don't remember any injuriess until he did his knee recently.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The situation was different with those two, to be honest.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It won't be a loan, Everton have just invested heavily in his replacement. You'll likely get him permanent as Alonso can't go on forever either.
Loan with option to buy is the most prominent rumour/story at the moment. Everton seem a bit desperate to get rid of his wages and that puts them in a bit of a bind.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Well that sucks, not surprising though ACL is nasty injury.

Personally don't want Digne, especially on Loan, Everton want rid for a reason. We have Alonso and other options we can try at LWB. Looking at the last game, should try Pulisic at LWB, in the games where we're likely to dominate, he did well at RWB ( constantly cutting inside on his left anyway.), certainly much more useful than at ST where he struggled to get involved.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well that sucks, not surprising though ACL is nasty injury.

Personally don't want Digne, especially on Loan, Everton want rid for a reason. We have Alonso and other options we can try at LWB. Looking at the last game, should try Pulisic at LWB, in the games where we're likely to dominate, he did well at RWB ( constantly cutting inside on his left anyway.), certainly much more useful than at ST where he struggled to get involved.
we want to get rid of him because Benitez doesn’t like attacking full backs. Digne was one of the most productive fullbacks in the league pre-Rafa.

By publicly freezing him out and not keeping that other LB deal quiet we have put ourselves into an annoying position regarding his sale.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
we want to get rid of him because Benitez doesn’t like attacking full backs. Digne was one of the most productive fullbacks in the league pre-Rafa.

By publicly freezing him out and not keeping that other LB deal quiet we have put ourselves into an annoying position regarding his sale.
He's fallen out with Rafa? Seems he has an attitude problem, doesn't want to follow tactics that Rafa wants and arguing with him in front of the rest of the squad? Tuchel is equally strict and doubt he's going to want to take that on.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's fallen out with Rafa? Seems he has an attitude problem, doesn't want to follow tactics that Rafa wants and arguing with him in front of the rest of the squad? Tuchel is equally strict and doubt he's going to want to take that on.
I don’t blame him. Until the Arsenal game we hadn’t won in two months and we were one of the worst sides in the league to watch. Still are.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

You might get something in return, if you play your cards right :D

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
You might get something in return, if you play your cards right :D

Barkley/Digne loan swap was my first thought. Digne is far better than Alonso for one so on that basis id take him. Gutted for chilwell, was hitting some nice form, too.

Re.Digne, if it was an attitude problem, i think previous managers would have had similar issues with him and perhaps dropped him, too. I suspect its just Rafa not liking him as a player

Maatsen i think will stay where he is and continue his development, and i really dont think Tuchel rated Emerson so him returning i think is unlikely. But out of the 2, id pick Emerson

pascell

Loan with option to buy is the most prominent rumour/story at the moment. Everton seem a bit desperate to get rid of his wages and that puts them in a bit of a bind.
Good business by yourselves then, he's a good player Digne.
Alonso is only 30. Plenty of time left for him.
Only 30?! I thought he was mid 30s for some reason, he's been around years, especially since his Bolton days.

NoPace

Interesting choice for Southgate.

The fun choice is Saka, the logical choice is Luke Shaw or Tyrick Mitchell (decent all-around if not special at anything) or move Reece James or Alexander-Arnold over. You'd figure James, but if the player is going to come infield anyways then TAA as a Pep style fullback who basically gives you another central midfielder might make it easier to play Bellingham in a 2 with Rice since Phillips' form and health have been spotty and they did struggle to control games (even if they were pretty great defensively) at the Euros.

Either way, he'll want to make a decision fairly quickly so they get some games. Might also impact playing 3 vs 4 at the back. You'd have to be comfortable playing Saka in a 5 than a 4.