Ben Chilwell

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Telles and Gaya are only comparable on FIFA. Both are seriously limited defensively and would be found out in an instant in more physical leagues.
I do not play FIFA or any sort of computer games so I am not sure what you mean. However, both are very good left backs and whilst not as strong, I would argue that Gaya is technically better whilst Telles is the best reader of the game and has better set piece delivery. The players in question are not directly comparable but as LB's their overall skills bring similar output on the pitch imo.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I do not play FIFA or any sort of computer games so I am not sure what you mean. However, both are very good left backs and whilst not as strong, I would argue that Gaya is technically better whilst Telles is the best reader of the game and has better set piece delivery. The players in question are not directly comparable but as LB's their overall skills bring similar output on the pitch imo.
Both would require a major adjustment phase to the PL - neither are equipped to cope with the physicality of the league. Technical acumen is certainly a positive attribute but to argue that it makes up for a massive gap in defensive ability between Gaya and Chilwell is insane.

Also, arguing that Telles is a great reader of the game is nonsense - given that I currently live in Portugal and have watched every Porto game in the league, this is ridiculous. He is regularly caught out and he seems to have a mentality more in line with a wingback than a fullback. He's much more akin to Marcelo than to Filipe Luis - brilliant going forward and yes, he has tremendous delivery, but he is poor to mediocre in every defensive phase of the game.

Chilwell is younger than both, is already far better rounded in the defensive and attacking phases, and is acclimated to the PL. It's no contest who the best prospect of the three is.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Both would require a major adjustment phase to the PL - neither are equipped to cope with the physicality of the league. Technical acumen is certainly a positive attribute but to argue that it makes up for a massive gap in defensive ability between Gaya and Chilwell is insane.

Also, arguing that Telles is a great reader of the game is nonsense - given that I currently live in Portugal and have watched every Porto game in the league, this is ridiculous. He is regularly caught out and he seems to have a mentality more in line with a wingback than a fullback. He's much more akin to Marcelo than to Filipe Luis - brilliant going forward and yes, he has tremendous delivery, but he is poor to mediocre in every defensive phase of the game.

Chilwell is younger than both, is already far better rounded in the defensive and attacking phases, and is acclimated to the PL. It's no contest who the best prospect of the three is.
What about Grimaldo at Benfica?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What about Grimaldo at Benfica?
Grimaldo is definitely more well-rounded than Telles. Still can be caught out defensively at times, but this is in part due to the important role he plays in Benfica's attacks - he's very very good going forward and is excellent at crossing the ball / playing 1-2s. Reminds me a lot of a (far) less refined Jordi Alba. One concern though is that he's quite slight - only 1.7 meters. He has struggled at times vs more physical opposition (though he is tenacious), so I'd worry about him coping in England. Overall I'd prefer him to Telles personally, but given that Chilwell is younger than both and already adjusted to the league he'd be my first choice.

Shalashaska

"Leicester City have asked Manchester United about the availability of 24-year-old defender Luke Shaw in case fellow English left-back Ben Chilwell, 23, moves to Chelsea. (Mail) "

BBC gossip reporting this from the Mail (not that this is a wildly reliable source). But surely if this was going to happen it would make far more sense to offer a swap deal with Leicester for Chilwell with some money going one way or another?

Why let Chelsea and Leicester benefit from the deals?

Fosu-Mens

"Leicester City have asked Manchester United about the availability of 24-year-old defender Luke Shaw in case fellow English left-back Ben Chilwell, 23, moves to Chelsea. (Mail) "

BBC gossip reporting this from the Mail (not that this is a wildly reliable source). But surely if this was going to happen it would make far more sense to offer a swap deal with Leicester for Chilwell with some money going one way or another?

How will Leicester benefit from buying Shaw? Ben Chilwell is operating more like a fullback playmaker at times, somewhat similar to TTA. Luke Shaw struggles to find teammates even in training for a pass. He is the direct opposite in abilities compared to Chilwell.

I wonder how much we would get for Shaw. I’d rather us go for a different LB Chilwell is overrated.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How will Leicester benefit from buying Shaw? Ben Chilwell is operating more like a fullback playmaker at times, somewhat similar to TTA. Luke Shaw struggles to find teammates even in training for a pass. He is the direct opposite in abilities compared to Chilwell.
Why do you care? If they want to pay us money for him they can have him

Shalashaska

If Leicester lose Chilwell it would benefit them to buy a left back, I don't know who their backup is, but I imagine Shaw is a better option. If we lost Shaw and didn't replace him, it would put our squad in a worse position than it is currently in.

I wonder how much we would get for Shaw. I’d rather us go for a different LB Chilwell is overrated.
If we sold Shaw I would rather have a player that could be considered "overrated" than no replacement at all.

Over the last year or so we have sold far too many players without anyone coming in to replace them. Yes, Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez etc had to go and were not good enough, but we are now constantly 1 injury away from a crisis in every position. We would be mad to let Shaw go and leave us with just Williams (who is good) for the rest of the season.

If we sold Shaw I would rather have a player that could be considered "overrated" than no replacement at all.

Over the last year or so we have sold far too many players without anyone coming in to replace them. Yes, Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez etc had to go and were not good enough, but we are now constantly 1 injury away from a crisis in every position. We would be mad to let Shaw go and leave us with just Williams (who is good) for the rest of the season.
Obviously if we sell Shaw it will be in the summer, along with Young leaving we would definitely bring in another LB. I doubt the options would be Chilwell or no one at all.

flappyjay

Obviously if we sell Shaw it will be in the summer, along with Young leaving we would definitely bring in another LB. I doubt the options would be Chilwell or no one at all.
Said us when Herrera and Fellaini left

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
At Shaw's best he's a very good passer, it's engine where Chilwell is much better.

Fosu-Mens

Why do you care? If they want to pay us money for him they can have him
If they can pay his wages, they can have him. It was just portrayed as it would benefit Leicester to replace Chilwell with Shaw.

If Leicester lose Chilwell it would benefit them to buy a left back, I don't know who their backup is, but I imagine Shaw is a better option. If we lost Shaw and didn't replace him, it would put our squad in a worse position than it is currently in.
Yes, they should replace Chilwell if he is sold. Just do not see why they would replace a technically superb leftback that are among the best passing fullbacks in the world with Shaw. The complete opposite type of players.
If we were able to get Shaw off the books, then we could either just ask how much Leicester wanted for Chilwell with Shaw going to them, or Telles et. al. Or we could just get a fullback from one of the relegated teams --> Lewis, Rico etc. to make up the numbers.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think Chilwell to City is already done for the summer lads. Leicester will want to keep it under the radar but are probably out to secure a replacement before it becomes public knowledge.

City will spend big in the summer and left back will be a priority for them. I think they will happily pay 60-70 million for him, and if I were United, I wouldn’t be paying that. I don’t think he is particularly special, even going forward.

Leicester will be happy to take that much, as they were with Maguire, and replace them with someone equally as competent.

Shaw would be a mistake, but it might highlight how they themselves see Chilwell too. Get in Shaw to do a competent, if not spectacular, job, and that’s that.

I would be much more interested in letting Williams make a real go of things while we fix the midfield and get in another attacker.

If Williams plays and does well, we won’t need to spend ridiculous money on someone that isn’t excellent.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
If they can pay his wages, they can have him. It was just portrayed as it would benefit Leicester to replace Chilwell with Shaw.

Yes, they should replace Chilwell if he is sold. Just do not see why they would replace a technically superb leftback that are among the best passing fullbacks in the world with Shaw. The complete opposite type of players.
If we were able to get Shaw off the books, then we could either just ask how much Leicester wanted for Chilwell with Shaw going to them, or Telles et. al. Or we could just get a fullback from one of the relegated teams --> Lewis, Rico etc. to make up the numbers.
Definitely! Chillwell is what you need! Just make the cheque out for 60mill, we’ll argue about the pennies afterwards. When and how would you like me to deliver him?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Definitely! Chillwell is what you need! Just make the cheque out for 60mill, we’ll argue about the pennies afterwards. When and how would you like me to deliver him?
and who exactly do we sign to replace him that is cheaper and better, baring in mind if it was that easy the teams that want Chilwell would want them instead?
How much would you think Shaw is worth in this hypothetical deal?
you pay us £20m and we'll take him, should cover his medical treatment and wages for a year or so

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
and who exactly do we sign to replace him that is cheaper and better, baring in mind if it was that easy the teams that want Chilwell would want them instead?

you pay us £20m and we'll take him, should cover his medical treatment and wages for a year or so
Typical small club mentality. If you want to be a big club, think and spend like one.
An established young England started for 20m.
FFS, Ibe went for 15m. We will easily get what we spent for him

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Typical small club mentality. If you want to be a big club, think and spend like one.
that really went over your head didn't it! :lol:

Shaw isn't an established anything as he is never fit for it, from everything I hear about Shaw, I wouldn't want him anywhere near Leicester, first and foremost because he is never fit and that's without going into how he's played when he has managed to get on the pitch or the multitude of complaints your fans have about him.

Yeah he was joking, the medical bill and wages are a giveaway :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
that really went over your head didn't it! :lol:

Shaw isn't an established anything as he is never fit for it, from everything I hear about Shaw, I wouldn't want him anywhere near Leicester, first and foremost because he is never fit and that's without going into how he's played when he has managed to get on the pitch or the multitude of complaints your fans have about him.
Well, if it was sarcasm I take my comment back.
If it was a serious post, then you have no clue about Shaw considering your opinions are based on manchester United fan comments/complaints.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Ofcourse, I was referring to the first part where there is a serious underrating of Shaw's talent.
the first part was me replying to a Leicester fan talking about Chilwell.

I know all I need to about Luke Shaw, he cannot stay fit

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City

Jimmy, he’s shilo. Defensively, he’s a liability, and I dont know where the myth of his attacking prowess comes from. He is an athelete. Sometimes, he hares forward, looking all menacing, but almost invariably puts his foot on the ball and passes backwards. Given how Ricardo performs On the other side, actually producing an end product, chillwell seems to un balance the team. Someone one here described him as a “playmaker”! That was a tea meets ipad moment for me. The saving grace I suppose, is that he is young and may improve, but he is supposedly an established international, so should produce regularly, in a good team. He will never be as good as Fuchs, as long as he has a hole in his arse! That said, we are never going to pay a fat, walking injury, 190 grand a week, so I dont think the Shaw rumour has legs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Wouldn't want him to replace Williams or Wan Bissaka. Happy with these two youngsters and watching them develop thanks.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Agreed. He s excellent going forward but when it comes to defend, he s a bit shaky.
Whilst true he is not in the same boat as say an Aurier when it comes to defending. Chilwell's defending is actually ok without being great, but at 23 I think he has plenty of time to improve his reading of the game and positioning.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Whilst true he is not in the same boat as say an Aurier when it comes to defending. Chilwell's defending is actually ok without being great, but at 23 I think he has plenty of time to improve his reading of the game and positioning.
No he isnt good going forward.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Chilwell passed to the opposition 36 times in our last game.

Andy_Cole

He’s a friend of a friend. If he is anything like my friend (lovely, hard working, etc.) then I’m all for us getting Ben Chillwel too. The right character.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He’s a friend of a friend. If he is anything like my friend (lovely, hard working, etc.) then I’m all for us getting Ben Chillwel too. The right character.
Isn't he super tight with Maddison and Maguire. Or was it Maddison and someone else. Would help if we do end up going for Maddison in the summer.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Hes still around??
He is, he lost out really because I think at the time Liverpool had a link to Chilwell and the club thought they had to give Chilwell regular football to keep him at the club. But there is no doubt Fuchs is the more technically gifted player.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
He is, he lost out really because I think at the time Liverpool had a link to Chilwell and the club thought they had to give Chilwell regular football to keep him at the club. But there is no doubt Fuchs is the more technically gifted player.
Fuchs is an immortal.