Ben Pearson

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Really like the look of him, tenacious little sod as well.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've only seen him play once, and he impressed me, but everytime I look at the results recently he seems to get his name on the scoresheet a few times. Exciting times!

EDogen

Really like him, last season when he returned from injury he played some good football and he seems to have taken his form into the new season.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
i think the under 21's have quality too in that position. It's good to see the potential we have down the levels. I saw him too when he came back from that the fever, I remember him against chelsea I think it was and he gave everything that night.

He can get stuck in, seems comfortable on both feet and doesn't seem to panic. He knits it all together well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I remember in one of the legs against Chelsea last year he started out quite poor, but grew into the game a lot and was one of our best players by the end.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yeah, I remember that match. He was brilliant in the second half, bossed the midfield.

Also he seems to be marked down as the special talent by the club, remember an U18 Training trip to Malta, Pearson went their when he was still 13 or 14!

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Captained England U18s yesterday in a 1-0 loss to Belgium. Weir and Grimshaw also played.

jb8521

Probably been the academys most consistent player this year wouldnt be surprised if he gets academy player of the year tomorrow night

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Some have said Carrick, some have said Scholes and some have said Pirlo. It is all good. He is from Oldham too I believe. Gods own country.

Brightonian

Some have said Carrick, some have said Scholes and some have said Pirlo. It is all good. He is from Oldham too I believe. Gods own country.
None of the above, really. His two most notable qualities are his tigerish energy and his superb tackling. Also a very good passer, good all-round technique and good game intelligence for his age, but the first two are key and not really suggested by the above comparisons.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I only said he reminds me a bit of Pirlo in the way he moves. Also a bit in the way he has an excellent range of passing with both feet.

His positioning, awareness, decision-making and anticipation are all well beyond his years.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Heady player, nice vision and does well pulling the strings in the middle of the park. I think he's a top prospect along with Daehli and Andreas Pereira.

Longlivekeano

I saw him play in the NextGen Cup against Sporting Lisbon held in Singapore 2-3 months ago. Was one of our best players (together with Daeli, Barmby). Covers every blade of grass, yet not mad enough to cover gaps in front of our defence. Intercepts the ball well, really gets stuck in (even against Sporting's gigantic midfielders(. Passes the ball well enough 10-20 m. Vocal, commanding. Really like the look of him. Reminds me of a livelier version of Nicky Butt with slightly better passing ability.

Though not sure how well his attacking instincts are. Even when we went a goal down, he was still shielding the defence. Though barking orders at everyone else to attack.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I saw him play in the NextGen Cup against Sporting Lisbon held in Singapore 2-3 months ago. Was one of our best players (together with Daeli, Barmby). Covers every blade of grass, yet not mad enough to cover gaps in front of our defence. Intercepts the ball well, really gets stuck in (even against Sporting's gigantic midfielders(. Passes the ball well enough 10-20 m. Vocal, commanding. Really like the look of him. Reminds me of a livelier version of Nicky Butt with slightly better passing ability.
Was he the little mop headed lad? I remember him in the US watching him in one of the threads everyone was saying 'wow who's that?' (Or maybe it was just me :lol:)

Looks to be a bit of a talent.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

None of the above, really. His two most notable qualities are his tigerish energy and his superb tackling. Also a very good passer, good all-round technique and good game intelligence for his age, but the first two are key and not really suggested by the above comparisons.
I would say that the coolness and simplicity of his passing is also one of his most notable qualities. In that regard I do find him reminiscent of Carrick. I think the Scholes comparisons come from his range of passing, the fact that he is an Oldhamer and his build, which is also similar. As for Pirlo, well I am not too sure.

I do see the Carrick in him but the other two are a reach.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I'd say he's a mixture of Carrick and Keane. And yes he was that mop headed player ghali.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Congrats to Ben for winning the youth player of the year award. I hadn't realised that he has captained the England U18's recently too.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Scholes really? I've not heard that one before, he is a very very good talent.

Also on a side note of self praise, I called all the team awards correct :)

Brightonian

The fact that Pearson is an excellent tackler and Scholes is... well... y'know... always seems to put paid to that comparison.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I don't think he did much wrong to get pulled off in the 2nd half for Lawrence. Clearly, I would think by now, we need an actual striker on the pitch, we've struggled to score all season when we don't have one.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him next season, nothing would make me happier than to see another academy product in the center of the pitch for the first team.