Ben Shapiro

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I’m very suspicious of all these alt right ‘thinkers’ who are currently weighing in on Biden as Putin is slaughtering an innocent democracy and constantly shouting ‘Iraq’ rather than aiming their supposed ‘love of democracy’ at Putin…

Russell Brand’s recent vids make it absolutely clear he is blatantly a Putin shill and I wonder how many other of these loud mouth regressive personalities that have popped up in the last 10 years are also.

Hopefully something that comes out of all this is people shutting them down hard and removing their repulsive influence from Western culture.

IWat

I’m very suspicious of all these alt right ‘thinkers’ who are currently weighing in on Biden as Putin is slaughtering an innocent democracy and constantly shouting ‘Iraq’ rather than aiming their supposed ‘love of democracy’ at Putin…

Russell Brand’s recent vids make it absolutely clear he is blatantly a Putin shill and I wonder how many other of these loud mouth regressive personalities that have popped up in the last 10 years are also.

Hopefully something that comes out of all this is people shutting them down hard and removing their repulsive influence from Western culture.
Wait? Is Russell Brand alt right these days?

Tarrou

Wait? Is Russell Brand alt right these days?
a lot of his videos have these click-baity titles that appeal to that demographic such as "WAS TRUMP RIGHT ABOUT...", but the actual content is more nuanced

basically, he's just trying to make a buck from the Jordan Peterson crowd

atkar83

Every time I see his face, I hear his voice as portrayed by Robert Evans of the Behind the Bastards podcast.
Oh god did you listen to the one where they read his book out loud? I can't believe that thing went past editing or even had an editor. It's soooo bad

Rhyme Animal

a lot of his videos have these click-baity titles that appeal to that demographic such as "WAS TRUMP RIGHT ABOUT...", but the actual content is more nuanced

basically, he's just trying to make a buck from the Jordan Peterson crowd
He’s a Putin / Trump shill, now doing his best to dance around the fact that’s what he is…

‘Putin’s currently slaughtering innocent humans for wanting democracy - but instead, let’s remember that 20 years ago, 3 presidents ago, USA invaded Iraq’… because that’s relevant… exact same bullshit Putin is pushing himself - along with his alt-right mouthpieces.

Yeah, that’s logical. Like, when people were protesting the Iraq war, can you imagine anyone saying, ‘yeah, but 20 years ago Britain invaded the Falklands, so let’s just talk about that instead’.

It’s hypnotism, not relevant in the slightest. Why even mention USA - how many other countries are repulsed by Brand’s paymasters?

Last edited:

Tarrou

He’s a Putin / Trump shill, now doing his best to dance around the fact that’s what he is…

‘Putin’s currently slaughtering innocent humans for wanting democracy - but instead, let’s remember that 20 years ago, 3 presidents ago, USA invaded Iraq’… because that’s relevant… exact same bullshit Putin is pushing himself - along with his alt-right mouthpieces.

Yeah, that’s logical. Like, when people were protesting the Iraq war, can you imagine anyone saying, ‘yeah, but 20 years ago Britain invaded the Falklands, so let’s just talk about that instead’.

It’s hypnotism, not relevant in the slightest. Why even mention USA - how many other countries are repulsed by Brand’s paymasters?
I watched both videos and I don't see anything too shilly in there (he flat out says Russia are wrong to invade Ukraine), but just leaning enough in that direction to appeal to a certain viewer. "Putin’s currently slaughtering innocent humans" is not the best shill really is it?

You might think it's meaningless to discuss the hypocrisy of the west at this time (and I tend to agree), but like I said earlier, he's just playing to his audience. He's found a way to get millions more subscribers by espousing his particular brand of anti-establishment/anti-elites rhetoric. This probably happened around the time he had Peterson and Shapiro on his podcast and he noticed the impact on his followers. The topics and titles (vaccines, lockdowns, Trump etc..) of his videos draw in that particular crowd, but the content is not at all like typical right-wing shills, it's much more balanced.

You see this sort of thing all over the web these days. As an example Dr John Campbell started making fairly run-of-the-mill videos about Covid, and after a few months he figured out the more conspiratorial content gets more clicks and started making a bunch of videos about Ivermectin.

He is a massive twat though (Brand I mean), can't stand him - I just don't see much alt right in him. Similar story with Maajid Nawaz going for exactly the same audience - it's great money.

freeurmind

weak willed
When exactly is the right time to discuss Western hypocrisy regarding war, inavding sovereign nations, aiding the killing of innocent civilians etc ?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I watched both videos and I don't see anything too shilly in there (he flat out says Russia are wrong to invade Ukraine), but just leaning enough in that direction to appeal to a certain viewer. "Putin’s currently slaughtering innocent humans" is not the best shill really is it?

You might think it's meaningless to discuss the hypocrisy of the west at this time (and I tend to agree), but like I said earlier, he's just playing to his audience. He's found a way to get millions more subscribers by espousing his particular brand of anti-establishment/anti-elites rhetoric. This probably happened around the time he had Peterson and Shapiro on his podcast and he noticed the impact on his followers. The topics and titles (vaccines, lockdowns, Trump etc..) of his videos draw in that particular crowd, but the content is not at all like typical right-wing shills, it's much more balanced.

You see this sort of thing all over the web these days. As an example Dr John Campbell started making fairly run-of-the-mill videos about Covid, and after a few months he figured out the more conspiratorial content gets more clicks and started making a bunch of videos about Ivermectin.

He is a massive twat though (Brand I mean), can't stand him - I just don't see much alt right in him. Similar story with Maajid Nawaz going for exactly the same audience - it's great money.
Really? What a shame.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He is the FaceBook algorithm personified. As is Rogan, Peterson, all of that weird little sect of succubi.

It is certainly a right wing tenet to just suck the life out of something in pursuit of profit.

Brand knows he can make more money on the hate train. I used to like him. Rogan too. But these people chase the money, and then the beast they’ve fed, eats them. They talk so much shit to make the money that they forget it’s all performative. It becomes their identity.

Rhyme Animal

He has to say ‘the invasion is wrong’, he can’t say anything else, thing is, his take is ‘the invasion is wrong - but Biden, but Rice, but USA’ - and, as with all his other ‘global politics’ videos he somehow very rarely mentions Putin let alone criticises him (flick through them and have a check) - something which in the current situation is incredibly odd and requires such mental gymnastics one would have to wonder why that were so.

Brand is supposedly a champion of the people - why isn’t he applauding the brave Russians who protest this war!?

Brand is supposedly someone who despises repressive regime - why is he ragging on Biden (!?) AS PUTIN IS SLAUGHTERING INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY!?

Brand is supposedly a champion of community protest - why isn’t he encouraging peaceful protest over here!?

Brand is supposedly a ‘humanitarian’ - why isn’t he at least using his platform to talk about ways to help Ukrainian victims of Putin’s war?

Really weird that a so called ‘revolutionary’ should manage to achieve all the above in a time like this.

You can say, ‘he’s playing to the crowd’, but this a new situation - he is forming and instilling the narrative here, rather than following it. He isn’t gonna lose followers if he says, ‘this is too far from Putin, we all need to Unite, and push however we can for regime change in Russia’.

He isn’t just some random YouTuber playing for clicks, he’s a well established, highly influential player within the game.

We know that Farage / Brexit was meddled with, that Trump was in pocket etc, it’s important to remember that many of the ‘anti democrat’, alt-right mouthpieces that have dragged our culture down into this current divided state will very likely also be in pocket.

In Brand’s case, he was a few years ago holding exclusive interviews with the leader of UK opposition during a major general election, he now just literally sits in front of a camera spouting rhetoric against Putin enemies day after day…

Who writes these videos? Him? But he’s a professional comedian who has to prepare tours, he’s an actor that has to work and practice his craft. Who edits them?

Who decides the very sensitive subject matter? How does he manage to talk so much about global politics without ever mentioning Putin when he does so?

He’s a shill, and a conman, as is the case with many others of the ‘anti democrat’ foghorn personas. I just really hope that more people start realising this and stop giving them legitimacy.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
When exactly is the right time to discuss Western hypocrisy regarding war, inavding sovereign nations, aiding the killing of innocent civilians etc ?
It's like the NRA whenever a shooting happens, it's never the right time to talk about western hypocrisy just like it's never the right time to talk about gun control.

It's always never their fault and they don't need to fix themselves, neither do they want to claim responsibility for any reactions to actions they do around the world.

Not saying the Ukraine war is purely NATOs fault btw.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

It's like the NRA whenever a shooting happens, it's never the right time to talk about western hypocrisy just like it's never the right time to talk about gun control.

It's always never their fault and they don't need to fix themselves, neither do they want to claim responsibility for any reactions to actions they do around the world.
So when Iraq was happening, instead of protesting the people who were bombing Iraq, we should’ve been talking about the Falklands which occurred 20 years previously? Or about Saddam invading Kuwait?

This isn’t the West’s war - it’s Putin’s. The West hasn’t invaded a peaceful democrat country - Putin has - that’s why people are talking about Russia and not USA right now.

I am a huge critic of Western foreign policy, genuinely, I am anti Western war machine, but this is insane - USA and UK are not the only countries against this invasion, the entire World is!

This weird emerging narrative of ‘can’t criticise the invasion of Ukraine because Iraq’ is completely nonsensical and irrational - should we not protest it even more BECAUSE of that? Should we not make sure that the next time the West try to do the same we protest that even more so?

It’s like saying the Police can’t arrest criminals because they’ve got criminals within their own ranks so we should just accept lawlessness.

If people are outraged at Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, that sentiment will spill over into other wars, it’s a good thing (people being outraged, not the invasion itself).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
So when Iraq was happening, instead of protesting the people who were bombing Iraq, we should’ve been talking about the Falklands which occurred 20 years previously? Or about Saddam invading Kuwait?

This isn’t the West’s war - it’s Putin’s. The West hasn’t invaded a peaceful democrat country - Putin has - that’s why people are talking about Russia and not USA right now.

I am a huge critic of Western foreign policy, genuinely, I am anti Western war machine, but this is insane - USA and UK are not the only countries against this invasion, the entire World is!

This weird emerging narrative of ‘can’t criticise the invasion of Ukraine because Iraq’ is completely nonsensical and irrational - should we not protest it even more BECAUSE of that? Should we not make sure that the next time the West try to do the same we protest that even more so?

It’s like saying the Police can’t arrest criminals because they’ve got criminals within their own ranks so we should just accept lawlessness.

If people are outraged at Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, that sentiment will spill over into other wars, it’s a good thing (people being outraged, not the invasion itself).
I agree, everyone should be against this war and in no way do the actions of US/UK previously excuse what Putin is doing.

BUT, it does play a role when those same countries are criticizing Russia and claiming the morale high ground. I'm not saying individuals from that county can't criticize Russia as well, but I would want to see is those same people agreeing for their own war criminals like, Bush and Blair more recently, to be charged and not try to shut down such arguments with nonsense like 'whataboutism' (as a Muslim, if while talking about religious extremism in other religions someone mentions extremism in Islam, I would acknowledge it as a problem and not start talking about 'whataboutism'). In your example, the difference is that corrupt policeman if caught get arrested themselves, war crime prime ministers get knighted.

And this isn't just about Iraq 20 years ago, it's also going on Yemen right now. Both US and UK are supplying Saudi with weapons to bomb Yemen and lead to the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians. This also doesn't talk about the countless times both countries have done the same before as well.

If I could see the US/UK changing their ways then I wouldn't criticize them for this, but that is just not going to happen and therefore their leaders will always have no standing leg to criticize someone else for war crimes when they are continuing to support it themselves when it serves they interest (similar to the Muslim example above, you wouldn't take Iranian leaders word on religious extremism seriously would you given the shit they pull in their country and abroad?).

Tarrou

He has to say ‘the invasion is wrong’, he can’t say anything else, thing is, his take is ‘the invasion is wrong - but Biden, but Rice, but USA’ - and, as with all his other ‘global politics’ videos he somehow very rarely mentions Putin let alone criticises him (flick through them and have a check) - something which in the current situation is incredibly odd and requires such mental gymnastics one would have to wonder why that were so.

Brand is supposedly a champion of the people - why isn’t he applauding the brave Russians who protest this war!?

Brand is supposedly someone who despises repressive regime - why is he ragging on Biden (!?) AS PUTIN IS SLAUGHTERING INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY!?

Brand is supposedly a champion of community protest - why isn’t he encouraging peaceful protest over here!?

Brand is supposedly a ‘humanitarian’ - why isn’t he at least using his platform to talk about ways to help Ukrainian victims of Putin’s war?

Really weird that a so called ‘revolutionary’ should manage to achieve all the above in a time like this.

You can say, ‘he’s playing to the crowd’, but this a new situation - he is forming and instilling the narrative here, rather than following it. He isn’t gonna lose followers if he says, ‘this is too far from Putin, we all need to Unite, and push however we can for regime change in Russia’.

He isn’t just some random YouTuber playing for clicks, he’s a well established, highly influential player within the game.

We know that Farage / Brexit was meddled with, that Trump was in pocket etc, it’s important to remember that many of the ‘anti democrat’, alt-right mouthpieces that have dragged our culture down into this current divided state will very likely also be in pocket.

In Brand’s case, he was a few years ago holding exclusive interviews with the leader of UK opposition during a major general election, he now just literally sits in front of a camera spouting rhetoric against Putin enemies day after day…

Who writes these videos? Him? But he’s a professional comedian who has to prepare tours, he’s an actor that has to work and practice his craft. Who edits them?

Who decides the very sensitive subject matter? How does he manage to talk so much about global politics without ever mentioning Putin when he does so?

He’s a shill, and a conman, as is the case with many others of the ‘anti democrat’ foghorn personas. I just really hope that more people start realising this and stop giving them legitimacy.
I don't agree, but that's okay. Respect your opinion and appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I find him to be quite far to the left, and much further left than any major political party. Whatever though, he's a tosser and we just shouldn't pay much attention to him.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He is the FaceBook algorithm personified. As is Rogan, Peterson, all of that weird little sect of succubi.

It is certainly a right wing tenet to just suck the life out of something in pursuit of profit.

Brand knows he can make more money on the hate train. I used to like him. Rogan too. But these people chase the money, and then the beast they’ve fed, eats them. They talk so much shit to make the money that they forget it’s all performative. It becomes their identity.
In one of my favorite books on psychology, the author mentions a method actor who said that you can't give 3 lines of a passionate political speech while acting without feeling real emotion (in the method acting system). Fake it until you make it actually works, and if you play a role for a long time it will begin to creep into your mind.

I consume anti-establishment media, and I would like to see more of it coming from the left. The right has tons of sites for such news but I don't know of any such liberal sites. I might have called one left years ago but they went right under Obama. Gotta oppose who's in change, and Trump did well to be the alternative media president to follow that up.

nimic

something nice
Scout
In one of my favorite books on psychology, the author mentions a method actor who said that you can't give 3 lines of a passionate political speech while acting without feeling real emotion (in the method acting system). Fake it until you make it actually works, and if you play a role for a long time it will begin to creep into your mind.

I consume anti-establishment media, and I would like to see more of it coming from the left. The right has tons of sites for such news but I don't know of any such liberal sites. I might have called one left years ago but they went right under Obama. Gotta oppose who's in change, and Trump did well to be the alternative media president to follow that up.
You have to decide if you want anti-establishment coming from the left, or liberal sites.

https://jacobinmag.com/