Ben Shapiro

Charlie Foley

Half the country fighting to continue with
Slavery doesn’t sound like much of an apology imo

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
The creepy fash-light has a point. She somehow managed not to have a noticeably better sense of humour than Trump - which is quite something - and apparently unleashed from the restraints of a campaign is still just as bad.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A friend of mine. A really good friend is a big fan of his. What the hell do I do ????
Question how this came to happen.

Is there something about these type of people that draws you to them?
Is there something about you that draws this type of person to you?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Still, I think you may have gone too far this time.
I think shapiro has a very reddit/internet/tl:dr type way of saying things. This whole "oh snap got ya" type debate skills can "seem" charismatic and "smart" to many people and that's why he has a lot of fans. In the age of the internet no one cares to study something. It's all "owning liberals" with one liners or whatever.

My point being I can see how some people buy into his whole "I'm a harvard grad so I speak sense" crap. Theres also another issue that Shapiro usually takes on the most inexperienced new liberal person. His job is to debate and write stuff while the average person gets pressurized in such situations. This makes Shapiro look deceptively good and he gains more followers.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think shapiro has a very reddit/internet/tl:dr type way of saying things. This whole "oh snap got ya" type debate skills can "seem" charismatic and "smart" to many people and that's why he has a lot of fans. In the age of the internet no one cares to study something. It's all "owning liberals" with one liners or whatever.

My point being I can see how some people buy into his whole "I'm a harvard grad so I speak sense" crap. Theres also another issue that Shapiro usually takes on the most inexperienced new liberal person. His job is to debate and write stuff while the average person gets pressurized in such situations. This makes Shapiro look deceptively good and he gains more followers.
Oh yeah, I agree with that. He really relies on people not thinking about or looking into the things he says.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He "shuts down" like inexperienced dumb college kids. They arent really feminists. He picks on the weak basically to seem like he "owned" them
I've seen some of the videos where he shuts those college kids down. Those kids were clearly not ready yet for a debater like Shapiro to be honest. They were total shit at making their point clear and got tricked by Shapiro multiple times.

DOTA

I've seen some of the videos where he shuts those college kids down. Those kids were clearly not ready yet for a debater like Shapiro to be honest. They were total shit at making their point clear and got tricked by Shapiro multiple times.
They're not used to discussing a topic with someone who has no interest in the discussion and solely wants to embarrass them. Cause, that's not at all how people generally treat each other.

When you say 'not ready yet for a debater like Shapiro' it sounds as if you think he is impressive (I doubt you do!). He's not, he's just weirdly aggressive and people who are also weirdly aggressive but lack his confidence admire it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They're not used to discussing a topic with someone who has no interest in the discussion and solely wants to embarrass them. Cause, that's not at all how people generally treat each other.

When you say 'not ready yet for a debate like Shapiro' it sounds as if you think he is impressive (I doubt you do!). He's not, he's just weirdly aggressive and people who are also weirdly aggressive but lack his confidence admire it.
I don't think Shapiro is impressive but like you said, he's aggressive but he also tricked some of these kids into his trap. For example, he constantly threw the "so you're in favor of murdering babies?" argument at pro-abortion college kids and they just didn't know how to counter that.

DOTA

I don't think Shapiro is impressive but like you said, he's aggressive but he also tricked some of these kids into his trap. For example, he constantly threw the "so you're in favor of murdering babies?" argument at pro-abortion college kids and they just didn't know how to counter that.
They don't because no one talks like that unless they're playing to an audience that treats these things as sport. People like him both are, and presumably in his case were, given a wide birth by fellow students because they come across as not worth interacting with.

His entire purpose is that to young and insecure reactionary straight men, who society doesn't wish to interact with that much, he looks like he's winning.

When he's actually a 35 year old man who treats the world like it's debate club.

Eriku

They don't because no one talks like that unless they're playing to an audience that treats these things as sport. People like him both are, and presumably in his case were, given a wide birth by fellow students because they come across as not worth interacting with.

His entire purpose is that to young and insecure reactionary straight men, who society doesn't wish to interact with that much, he looks like he's winning.

When he's actually a 35 year old man who treats the world like it's debate club.
*berth

Sry, but I thought that one worth correcting for some reason.

As for Shapiro, him and the likes of Owens, Peterson, Rubin, etc. have already been described perfectly with the word "grifters". He damn well knows he’s inconsistent and hypocritical in his utterances, but it doesn’t matter because he’s a success.

Last edited:

Cloud7

This is probably the most accurate description of his audience I've ever seen

shamans

When you say 'not ready yet for a debater like Shapiro' it sounds as if you think he is impressive (I doubt you do!). He's not, he's just weirdly aggressive and people who are also weirdly aggressive but lack his confidence admire it.
Actually, Shapiro is impressive in the sense he has mastered the art of attracting a certain type of audience. People like us can see right through it but think about all the Reddit/Youtube comment crowd people. He knows exactly what they wanna hear. They crave a Shapiro.

Plus, you can have the dumbest ideas and make them sound convincing especially when your opposing debater is a clueless college kid (which most of them are). I mean the college kids can't articulate their points across properly.

To make it worse, he debates the most extreme SJW (not even 0.05% of population probably thinks like that) and uses that as something to paint the rest of normal liberals with.

I'd say Shapiro is pretty smart in the sense that he knows there are a lot of shallow thinkers out there to get on his line of thinking.

DOTA

Actually, Shapiro is impressive in the sense he has mastered the art of attracting a certain type of audience. People like us can see right through it but think about all the Reddit/Youtube comment crowd people. He knows exactly what they wanna hear. They crave a Shapiro.

Plus, you can have the dumbest ideas and make them sound convincing especially when your opposing debater is a clueless college kid (which most of them are). I mean the college kids can't articulate their points across properly.

To make it worse, he debates the most extreme SJW (not even 0.05% of population probably thinks like that) and uses that as something to paint the rest of normal liberals with.

I'd say Shapiro is pretty smart in the sense that he knows there are a lot of shallow thinkers out there to get on his line of thinking.
As an extreme SJW, I would suggest that it's your failure, not ours, if you 'normal liberals' are suffering from your kin being persuaded by the likes of Ben Shapiro.

shamans

As an extreme SJW, I would suggest that it's your failure, not ours, if you 'normal liberals' are suffering from your kin being persuaded by the likes of Ben Shapiro.
I dont know what you're on about and hopefully you're not one of those extreme sjws. I'm talking about women who pour water on men sitting with their legs spread apart

DOTA

I dont know what you're on about and hopefully you're not one of those extreme sjws. I'm talking about women who pour water on men sitting with their legs spread apart
Uhuh... Do link me to Ben Shapiro debating a woman who pours water on men sitting with their legs spread apart.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I'm talking about women who pour water on men sitting with their legs spread apart
I've never felt the urge to watch a debate featuring Shapiro in full, but would you actually say the people he debates are usually like that?