Ben Yedder | Monaco set to activate release clause?

Aloysius's Back 3

We don't need Haller - Martial does the same thing as these players having the ability to link wider forwards.

Considering we are in the europa league

Use

Rashford - Martial - Greenwood

Martial - yedder - new left footed RW

Use James as a direct winger option off the bench.

Based Adnan

I’ve never heard of him. What’s he like? What’s his playing style like?
He's the one who scored 2 when Sevilla knocked us out in the CL under Mourinho

He's very much a poacher like player. Thrives in the box. Very good movement and very good finishing with both feet. Has a bit of pace about him as well though not as fast as Rashford. Outside of the penalty area he's always playing on the shoulder of the last man. From what I've seen of him he's a better fit than Lukaku to how Ole wants us to play.

kerryman

Would be a decent signing.

Couldn't imagine Lukaku scoring more than one or two of those chances...Ben Yedder certainly knows where the goal is, would be a great addition to the team given our current attacking options.

Ibi Dreams

If he could more or less replicate his scoring stats with us then he'd certainly be a good buy at that price. Would be really good to have more options up front, everyone loved the days where we'd have three or four good strikers who'd all chip in throughout the season

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

He's very much a poacher like player. Thrives in the box. Very good movement and very good finishing with both feet. Has a bit of pace about him as well though not as fast as Rashford. Outside of the penalty area he's always playing on the shoulder of the last man. From what I've seen of him he's a better fit than Lukaku to how Ole wants us to play.
I remember when he came on I was like 'why wasn't he starting?...' 30 mins later I felt very justified in thinking that :lol::(

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

Cheers.

Canagel

I doubt we will buy 2 strikers
And we don't even need 2 strikers. 1 striker is enough as we got Martial as the other striker option. Then our efforts should go into a RW that's going to score 10 goals and make 10 assist minimum.

reddevilz007

Haller is not good enough. He hardly made an impact in the Dutch League at Utrecht. If we get Ben Yelder then we have him, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Enough
But Haller did very well in the Bundesliga, which is a notch above the Dutch league. without him, Jovic and Rebic don't get the numbers they had last season. What's your point?

dutchred

But Haller did very well in the Bundesliga, which is a notch above the Dutch league. without him, Jovic and Rebic don't get the numbers they had last season. What's your point?
Having seen a lot of him I don't think he's good enough for United or will improve us

beingshe7don

I don't see Frankfurt losing both their main strikers in one window.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Don't know him.

Initial concern would be what type of player is he in terms of movement/aging?

29 soon and some players age reasonably quickly .. could we
pay nearly £40m and him only have two good years in him? Or is he the type of player that will play at same/similar level to 32,33 and we get some value for the fee?

Honestly have no idea, welcome thoughts from people who have (really) seen him.

dutchred

feel free to throw in some names ;)
I wish I could do that. I don't see enough football outside Holland, England and Germany. I can only say that Haller wont improve us. It also dependent on How Ole wants to play next year. Does he want to play with an old fashioned striker and two wingers or with a more flexible and mobile and interchangeable front three.

reddevilz007

I wish I could do that. I don't see enough football outside Holland, England and Germany. I can only say that Haller wont improve us. It also dependent on How Ole wants to play next year. Does he want to play with an old fashioned striker and two wingers or with a more flexible and mobile and interchangeable front three.
that's what a forum is for.

nobody knows what's going to happen, since none of us works for the club. this is the place to throw in some crazy ideas, good or bad. at the end of the day, who cares?

dutchred

that's what a forum is for.

nobody knows what's going to happen, since none of us works for the club. this is the place to throw in some crazy ideas, good or bad. at the end of the day, who cares?
I care as I have been a United supporter since the fifties and this present situation is depressing, as depressing as when we were relegated

reddevilz007

I care as I have been a United supporter since the fifties and this present situation is depressing, as depressing as when we were relegated
whatever is being said on the forum won't affect how the club works. that's what i meant.

dutchred

whatever is being said on the forum won't affect how the club works. that's what i meant.
I see
Not for this topic but I woud like us to get Nathan Ake. He would be perfect foil for Lidelof/Smalling and could cover for Shaw

reddevilz007

9 Players that have never played together before? That will end well.

Also, buying Ben Yedder to shunt him out on the wing?!
the way last season ended looked like the players never played together. they couldn't even get 5 consecutive passes and couldn't even score ;)

It's not because on the picture, he's kinda on the wing that he will play on the wing...

Yagami

Good post resistant
Wan Bissaka
Dan James
Maguire
Ben Yedder (Rom replacement)
Fernandes (Pog replacement)
Van De Beek or Tielmanns (Herrera replacement)

I think that would be a very good outcome for us.
That's a scary transfer window. 7th to 5th place scary.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
He gets a bit overrated here; probably because he scored against United in the CL. He is a good player, but not a top player. I watch the majority of Sevilla games.
He is at his best when he can finish inside the box with few touches. His movement and work-rate are both very good, but overall he doesn't add much outside the box. He worked hard to become the undisputed first choice for Sevilla and deserves a lot of credits for it. Nonetheless I am not really bothered about him leaving, especially when the club gets ~30-40m.
He performed at his best, when partnered with another forward. He played the majority of this season up top with Andre Silva (and Munir during the last few games) in a 352 with two genuine strikers. This covers for many of his weaknesses and he is flourishing in this system. When playing up top alone (like in the last two seasons) his weaknesses become much more apparent. He'll still score a decent amount of goals, if the team creates chances, but he adds little else.
Overall this transfer makes little sense for United. If United want to buy any Sevilla player, Sarabia would be the obvious choice (and maybe Banega), but I hope Sevilla can convince him to stay.

Yagami

Good post resistant
how did you get to that conclusion?
Well, we're already a 6th place team and, bar the defensive signings in Maguire and AWB, I see no improvements in the team. In fact, we'd be severely weakening the midfield with inferior replacements for our best two CMs. Not to mention we would've needed another had Herrera stayed anyway. Then in attack we're relying on a 28 year old who's never really stood out (&, for what it's worth, I like him) and a kid who's had 1 alright season in the championship to make the difference.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I think he would be a very smart signing for you guys. He's not world class but he's a very good, consistent striker especially at that price.

Funny thing about that rumor is that he reminds me of Solskjaer in the way he plays and poaches goals. He's a good header of the ball and can score with either foot.
He's so much better than any other striker on the squad and would be a very good stopgap, if the club's able to get a WC striker. Then he could play the Solskjaer role and would be perfect in a 2nd striker role.

Also, as a french fan, I can only respect his loyalty and dedication to the french national team. Most players, if not all, of foreign descent have switched allegiance at some point when they thought they wouldnt get called by the French NT, but he consistently turned down all approaches from Tunisia and took the risk of never playing international football only getting his first call at almost 28.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Good striker but not sure he'd get the service here to succeed. Also I just realized Ben isn't his first name.

berbasloth4

why the feck do people give a fecking shit about sell on value. it doesnt line our pockets, only the glazers.

Ben yedder would come in and score goals we are going to lose 20 goals in lukaku going. rashford and martial arent prolific.

Get him in better than what we have clearly.