Ben Yedder | Monaco set to activate release clause?

MrSingh2002

This is abit worrying for me. Starting a season with Rashford and Ben Yedder as our strikers isn't anywhere near good enough for Man Utd. West Ham or Leicester might be happy with it.

I can't remember a centre forward lineup as weak as that at Old Trafford.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
This is abit worrying for me. Starting a season with Rashford and Ben Yedder as our strikers isn't anywhere near good enough for Man Utd. West Ham or Leicester might be happy with it.

We started 04/05 with Alan Smith and that was it.

Saha and RVN were injured and Rooney hadn't signed yet.

Acquire Me

I don’t think that would be so weak. You don’t rate Rashford?

Gomes

Last year this thread would have looked like Rebic's thread. Ole and friends have done a good job with lowering expectations.

MrSingh2002

I don’t think that would be so weak. You don’t rate Rashford?
I don't think Rashfords a 20 league goal a season player. Lukaku is like Andy Cole who needed a few chances to score a goal but that doesn't mean Andy Cole wasn't successful.

I think we can do better than Ben Yedder and Rashford isn't a main striker for a team that wants to finish top 4 as a minimum.

It should be Rashford as the supporting striker with a main striker brought in to replace Lukaku. Piatek and Werner are available.

Champagne Football

Mason Greenwood says hi. Anthony Martial says yo.

Seven Seas Sardines

Which part of my comment said I prefered Rashford/Lukaku? Put the beer down.
"I can't remember a centre forward lineup as weak as that at Old Trafford."

You can't remember last season? :p

I think Ben Yedder can have a great influence on Rashford and give him more competition than the donkey who can't receive a ball to save his life. We just need to get rid of Lingard asap cos his influence on Marcus will see him prepping more for his audition at X-Factor than Old Trafford. Worst case scenario if both are shite - put Martial in the middle with James and Dalot on the wings.

AJ10

Good player imo not sure what the fuss is about, scores goals and can control a football, creates chances for his team mates, good at link up play and will contribute in overall play rather than playing with 10 like with lukaku.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we should aim higher. I doubt Rashford - Yedder - Martial will be enough to get us back to the top. Our competitors for the top 4 all have better strikers bar Chelsea maybe.
Like who? There are few top tier strikers in the market. Fewer actually up for sale.

Seven Seas Sardines

Good player imo not sure what the fuss is about, scores goals and can control a football, creates chances for his team mates, good at link up play and will contribute in overall play rather than playing with 10 like with lukaku.
Read the rest of your own post and you'll find out. :lol:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He'll be 29 in August. I thought the policy was signing young players?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Probably thinking Rashford and Greenwood need time to bed in, so a 29 year old will probably be best for cover until they mature.

Ballist1x

Too old, not great for the money. Basically £40m that we will never see again. Like Matic et. Al

Seven Seas Sardines

I'm guessing Ole wants some experienced head in the forward line consisting of Rashford, Martial, James, Lingard, Greenwood. Someone to show the younger ones how to press without running around like a headless chicken wasting energy.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Every year we have one such rumor where the local press of a foreign club "reliably" link us with a player and no one else does. Last year it was Talisca and half the people here were sure he's coming. Ended up in China.

Will be very surprised if there's any credibility in these rumors.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's tiny isn't he?

Not that shortarse centre forwards can't be great of course, I used to love John Spencer!
Dunno about him being tiny! His physique reminds of Nasri in that he seems quite chunky. He's quite strong, too. Shields the ball really well, and outmuscles players who are bigger than him.

AKDevil

Villa just bought an unknown lad from Belgium for 30m, I’d say 40 for him is a snip
£40m not breaking the bank for me. If we got any of our transfer targets for that this summer (bar Longstaff and Toby, if interested because of his clause) we’d have done well.

Lee565

If they go with a short term older experienced striker then Cavani or Vardy would be more preferable with them having a nasty streak in them that I like to see back at the club.

Though would we need to sign another striker if we just sorted out the right wing by buying someone prolific for that side?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Dunno about him being tiny! His physique reminds of Nasri in that he seems quite chunky. He's quite strong, too. Shields the ball really well, and outmuscles players who are bigger than him.
You're absolutely right in that short players can be very strong on the ball. Hazard is no Peter Crouch but his fantastic balance and "low centre of gravity" (fat arse) meant he rarely got shrugged off the ball.

I was thinking more of being an threat in the air at set pieces and bringing down long balls from the back. Going from 6'3" to 5'7" Yedder is a difference!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If they go with a short term older experienced striker then Cavani or Vardy would be more preferable with them having a nasty streak in them that I like to see back at the club.

Though would we need to sign another striker if we just sorted out the right wing by buying someone prolific for that side?

People on here take the piss out of Vardy but in this market I think he'd be worth £50 million of everyones (maybe not Man City or Liverpool) money.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You're absolutely right in that short players can be very strong on the ball. Hazard is no Peter Crouch but his fantastic balance and "low centre of gravity" (fat arse) meant he rarely got shrugged off the ball.

I was thinking more of being an threat in the air at set pieces and bringing down long balls from the back. Going from 6'3" to 5'7" Yedder is a difference!
"Fat arse" is exactly what I was thinking of when comparing his physique to Nasri's :D

Yeah, I don't think he'll be a big aerial threat. I can't recall him scoring any headers at all. Still, it will be nice to have a player who can keep the ball under pressure with his fat bum. He's two footed it seems which is nice.