Benching two players that cost the club £180m

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No problem with it.

Pogba's been average or below since he came back.
Lukaku is just not doing it.

I genuinely don't know what matches people are watching but, if Pogba has been our best player this season, the problems at the club are far bigger than I could ever imagine.
"He won a World Cup" Yeah and? He didn't win it on his own. Giroud had a very good world cup.

Lukaku, I am baffled by. Never seen a man of his built and size to be bullied this much. Then again, Blind always bullied him
No, he really didn't at all.

tedketterman

Pogba £90m
Lukuku £75m plus £15m easy add one.

Two players our manager wanted. Two players that probably took half our transfer budget in each summer they were purchased.

We can never improve spending this kind of money on one player then not using them.

This is a follow on thread from my ‘why did we buy Fred?’. I’m not questioning the quality of the players (although there is skeptism on how good Lukaku actually is) but continually buying expensive players then not using them is plan stupid and it’s been a common theme under Mourinho.

Bailly - £30m before CB prices went crazy. No longer used, arguably our best CB but still a raw talent, should have bought an experience leader next to him by now.

Fred - £50m, has looked okay when he started, at least he provides energy and pressing in midfield unlike Static Matic.

Sanchez - £500k a week wages swapped with a £30m Micky who was purchased on his last year of contract at Dortmund, yet another player that was dropped before he even played a game for us.

This is 6 players that have cost this club so much money yet I am still seeing Fellaini, McTominay, Lingard, Smalling, Young and Jones start sometimes?
That's not at all true.