Benjamin Mendy

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Interesting how the careers of those hyped players from the 2016/17 Monaco team are planning out individually. Some are doing great (Mbappe, Bernardo, Fabinho), others not so much (Bakayoko, Mendy).

Dozer

Such an exciting player to watch, both for his attacking threat and his ability to make catastrophic defensive errors.

Better than Robertson for whipping in a low ball at pace.

Shame he's made of glass and doesn't seem to have the word "professionalism" in his vocabulary. I like him but sure as hell wouldn't sign him.

Wheato

He currently has more notoriety for social media posts than playing well at football. *see Lingard.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Zinchenko will start, as he did so well last season. Angelino will pressure him for the starting spot. Mendy will break in his recovery as usual.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Such an exciting player to watch, both for his attacking threat and his ability to make catastrophic defensive errors.

Better than Robertson for whipping in a low ball at pace.

Shame he's made of glass and doesn't seem to have the word "professionalism" in his vocabulary. I like him but sure as hell wouldn't sign him.
I dont know why people think this. He had 1 good season at Monaco where he wasn't even that good. He was strong and fast, but on the ball, defensively and his end product wasnt that good. Suddenly he gets transferred to City and everyone thinks he's amazing even though he only has 22 appearances in all competitions over 2 seasons.

It's not even a "what if" thing in terms of injuries. He's never shown close to the level that he's hyped up as, and basically had 1 quality season for Monaco (but one that was far from a standout season as a left back). The strangest thing IMO.

Dozer

I dont know why people think this. He had 1 good season at Monaco where he wasn't even that good. He was strong and fast, but on the ball, defensively and his end product wasnt that good. Suddenly he gets transferred to City and everyone thinks he's amazing even though he only has 22 appearances in all competitions over 2 seasons.

It's not even a "what if" thing in terms of injuries. He's never shown close to the level that he's hyped up as, and basically had 1 quality season for Monaco (but one that was far from a standout season as a left back). The strangest thing IMO.
Don't get me wrong. I don't rate his overall game, his attitude or his defensive capabilities.

But in an attacking team at full flow his ability to power past a man and get a cross into dangerous areas, low and hard, is superb. He got 6 assists in only 900 minutes last season.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Any chance of City going for Danny Rose?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any chance of City going for Danny Rose?
Can't see it. They've got Zinchenko who did well last year and they've just resigned a LB called Angelino who did well in Holland last year.

Schneckerl

Interesting how the careers of those hyped players from the 2016/17 Monaco team are planning out individually. Some are doing great (Mbappe, Bernardo, Fabinho), others not so much (Bakayoko, Mendy).
Lemar belongs on the "not so much" list.

DoomSlayer

They were linked with chilwell before... Could see them going for him if Mendy is out long term
I don't think Levy wants to sell any players to PL competition anymore. He'd rather lose money and let them go abroad. Same thing applies to Alderweireld.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Won’t be going after any more LB’s for the time being.
Zin and Angelino plus Mendy if/when he returns are what we’re going with having sold Delph who was in the mix the last couple of seasons.
None of the LB’s are particularly good defensively and wouldn’t get a game for a low block team but they sure can pass and move which is what is required in a Pep team.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Injured again. Good timing with the international break coming up but he's as fragile as Jones and Bailly put together.

13:09
Benjamin Mendy update
Benjamin Mendy misses today’s game after sustaining an injury to his left hamstring.

The French full-back is expected to return to action following the international break.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Crocked again. Time to ship him out at this rate.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He might be injured a lot but city's record when he plays is unreal
I don't think he's ever lost a pl game
I think in the pl it's
Played 19
Won 16
Drawn 3
Scored 57
Conceded 9

Over a season that would translate to
Played 38
Won 32
Drawn 6
Scored 114
Conceded 18

Points 102
Goal difference +96

It's perhaps a good job for the rest of the league he is always injured

VJ1762

I think in the pl it's
Played 19
Won 16
Drawn 3
Scored 57
Conceded 9

Played 38
Won 32
Drawn 6
Scored 114
Conceded 18

Points 102
Goal difference +96

Think you might have to edit your post.

Does anybody think he won't be the same after his injuries? Happened to Shaw when he was really finding his feet.
How he thought he could outmuscle Adama traore, I will never know. That guy is huuge.

I think in the pl it's
Played 19
Won 16
Drawn 3
Scored 57
Conceded 9

Played 38
Won 32
Drawn 6
Scored 114
Conceded 18

Points 102
Goal difference +96

Recent evidence tells us City are in fact the lucky ones that he's been injured so often. Obviously 19 spread out PL games was never going to give us a true picture of Mendy's worth.

Classical Mechanic

Recent evidence tells us City are in fact the lucky ones that he's been injured so often. Obviously 19 spread out PL games was never going to give us a true picture of Mendy's worth.
Especially when City were on a run of winning nearly every game they played anyway.

In fact they only lost 6 games over the two seasons so those stats show he played in half of those defeats despite playing in only about a quarter of all games played.

meamth

Seriously, besides Kyle Walker have they ever signed a decent full back??

It's a joke how much they spent on fullbacks.

Utdstar01

I'd much rather have Zinchenko in the team. Feel like he offers a much nicer balance tbh.

dev1l

Brought me back to the Sheffield United game. How Fergie thought he was going to be the 'greatest player at United', I will never know.
Jones maybe shit nowadays but when he was young he was a top prospect..then he lost his way through constantly being injured.
Re Sheff United incident - that was a clear foul. Bad decision from the ref.

TheReligion

Abusive
Another £50+ million player. Another waste. City really have spent mountains of money and have equal mountains of flops. It's obscene it gets swept under the radar.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Never understand why so many people hyped him up. He's been shite since the second he signed whenever he hasnt been injured.

meamth

That's what you can get when signing a player without proven PL experience.

50 million quid down the drain, let that sink in, cost as much as our precious AWB.