Benjamin Mendy

buckooo1978

Yes it is in the papers, which are all rags and not the major news outlets. It is not being mentioned on Sky Sports or BBC Sports.

The only mention of city is the Mahrez tribute and 'Will anyone stop City'.

If it was United, it would be mentioned on Sky Sports or BBC Sports. It would be talking about the player being banned/punished.
simply because United get viewers, sell papers and get clicks- it's a financial decision

haram

FA going to hunt Jose but act like this didn't happen?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What about Mourinho swearing at the camera? The ref didn't do anything so should that be deemed not worthy of punishment?

Ridiculous if that is true what you are saying.
That's not how the (stupid) rule works. If the ref saw Jose and decided not to do anything, then that's the bottom line. If the ref didn't see Jose, then it's up to the FA.

Not sure how this hasn't been reviewed.

Undergoes knee surgery

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Manchester City can confirm that Benjamin Mendy has undergone surgery on his left knee tonight.

The 24-year-old defender attended Dr. Cugat’s clinic in Barcelona where scans revealed that surgery was required.

That surgery was conducted on Wednesday evening and everyone at Manchester City wishes Benjamin a speedy recovery.
Should be back for the next game then.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Apparently out until January. Funny how karma works sometimes. If he had got his punishment for the Lamela incident he would have missed three games. Now he's probably missing a dozen games. Remember Scrappy Doo should have been sent off vs us once and later in the same game he picked up an injury that ruled him out for months.

haram

Anyone think that him being heavy is what is going to affect his knee? It was a pretty bad injury in the first place. He must put a lot of pressure on it with the way he plays.

Classical Mechanic

Why would he when this decision was clearly made in-house prior to the break?
Why does he blame KDB's injuries on international football when KDB was playing like a man possessed for City last season, playing games where he ran the most distance of any player whilst making the most high intensity sprints?

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
Why does he blame KDB's injuries on international football when KDB was playing like a man possessed for City last season, playing games where he ran the most distance of any player whilst making the most high intensity sprints?
I think you're letting your clear vendetta against Guardiola cloud your memory.

He said his initial knee injury could have come from a lack of rest. He isn't "blaming" anything. He's long said that the authorities are diluting the quality and damaging the players by not giving them a lot of time off.

Surely you can see that that is true despite your allegiance to United?

Should be back for the next game then.
Obviously no good doctors in England. He must be brilliant to be fair, Pep's players see him for everything from a broken leg to a tickle in the throat.

Schneckerl

Plays like 15 games in 2 seasons and some consider him the best LB in the league.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Marcus Alonso has got the 1st place by a country mile when it comes to attacking leftbacks in the PL. Mendy is just an attacking fullback while Alonso could be a genuine attacker similar to Jordi Alba or Marcelo that have a good goal threat.

deafepl

On his form, he's one of the best attacking fullbacks in the world, when he is playing, City looks more threatening and smash team by 6+. The only fullback who can make a huge difference to the team is Mendy, Cancelo and Ghoulam.

Mendy is a big bonus for them, they can push for title hard, having a lot of creativity all over team and score from anywhere, unlike Liverpool that is over-dependent on brilliance from upfront.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Marcus Alonso has got the 1st place by a country mile when it comes to attacking leftbacks in the PL. Mendy is just an attacking fullback while Alonso could be a genuine attacker similar to Jordi Alba or Marcelo that have a good goal threat.
I think Robertson has been better than Alonso this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed. Alonso hasn’t been as good this year compared to being a wingback under conte. He’s also much worse defensively.

Robertson has been the best all season.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I actually think Alonso has been pretty poor this season, excluding the first few games.
I wonder how Guardiola will fit in Mendy with Sane, wasn't that a problem earlier in the season?

vodrake

Got Guardiola swearing live on Sky when he was told Mendy had tagged himself in Hong Kong without permission, though it turned out Mendy was just joking. I think patience must be wearing a bit thin with him :lol:

Last edited:

Bwuk

Always get the impression Pep really dislikes him

Trizy

Got Guardiola swearing live on Sky when he was told Mendy had tagged himself in Hong Kong without permission, though it turned out Mendy was just joking. I think patience must be wearing a bit thin with him :lol:

He's so stupid it's easy dislike him.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Ban incoming for St Pep? FA shouldn't need to hire lip readers for that.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Pep can see the funny side at least.