Benjamin Mendy

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pretty much what we thought so far. Struggling a little defensively, very good when able to play. He'll need awhile to adapt to the premiership, defensively.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Think he can't use his pace well in a 3-5-2- formation.
This is interesting. His overlapping was a fantastic feature of his at Monaco. His pace and power opened up so many opportunities when he saw space to attack. As a wingback, he doesn't really have a winger to overlap.

I remember Evra saying years ago how being a winger or wingback is so different because you lose the ability to overlap as consistently.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
This is interesting. His overlapping was a fantastic feature of his at Monaco. His pace and power opened up so many opportunities when he saw space to attack. As a wingback, he doesn't really have a winger to overlap.

I remember Evra saying years ago how being a winger or wingback is so different because you lose the ability to overlap as consistently.
Exactly.

izec

Of course he does, just like Aurier. We should have bought one of them, good and available fullbacks are rare.

ravi2

Of course he does, just like Aurier. We should have bought one of them, good and available fullbacks are rare.
I hope at the end of the season we dont regret our decision not to acquire a FB like Aurier or Mendy.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
I love him. He's a class player and going from Kolarov/Clichy to anyone after last season is obviously huge. He's brilliant with the fans though, you should follow his twitter.

izec

Playing against a very poor Rotterdam team he looked very good.. He has been very hit and miss in the league..
He is only back from an injury, but offensively he is a weapon. Defensively a bit suspect, but if he can improve there, he will be a massive success and an improvement on Clichy and Kolarov.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Playing against a very poor Rotterdam team he looked very good.. He has been very hit and miss in the league..
Think he's played just two league matches for them though, he's a pretty good attacking fullback and was bought for that reason, I'm afraid Poop will make good use of him.

rio's upper lip

I love him. He's a class player and going from Kolarov/Clichy to anyone after last season is obviously huge. He's brilliant with the fans though, you should follow his twitter.
Yes, because every United supporter loves watching City players interact with their fans.

Ban

Yeah. Sure.

I'm glad he's doing good, so happy for him. Brilliant brilliant player.

white text

poacher

No don't like him as he's is shite obviously because he doesn't play for the mighty Manchester United, GGMU. Plainly Mendy is not as good as Darmain, Daley Blind and the world class Luke Shaw. As soon as Luke Shaw comes back in 2025 we will show them what a world class full back can do, in the mean time, we have quality left backs like Daley Blind, Darmain and Rojo so no need for another left back. I am sick of people going on about the need for crosses but let me tell you crosses belong in churches not on football fields. We haven't had crosses at Manchester United in the last 5 years and long may it continue. GGMU forever champions!

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
No don't like him as he's is shite obviously because he doesn't play for the mighty Manchester United, GGMU. Plainly Mendy is not as good as Darmain, Daley Blind and the world class Luke Shaw. As soon as Luke Shaw comes back in 2025 we will show them what a world class full back can do, in the mean time, we have quality left backs like Daley Blind, Darmain and Rojo so no need for another left back. I am sick of people going on about the need for crosses but let me tell you crosses belong in churches not on football fields. We haven't had crosses at Manchester United in the last 5 years and long may it continue. GGMU forever champions!
Can tell you're gonna be a full member soon.

Tarrou

Would love to have a full-back who could cross like this guy. I bet Jose would too. Wasted at city with their midget strikers!

Obiorahking_

Aurier is much better defensively than Mendy. Mendy has never shown promise as a defender and based on that I don't ever think he will. He has world class potential going forward though.

Womp

idiot
30 minutes and it's now we fecked up not signing him. Never change caf.
A lot of people were upset we didn't get him before he kicked a ball for City, myself being one of them. Our LB position is nothing sort of a shambles, with makeshift midfielders and we missed out on one who could have transferred that position for us. Aurier and Mendy and we'd have a complete squad, yet we've gone into this season with even more questions.

Whether or not it's good enough to win the League, we'll have to wait and see. Next summer we still have to address the LB position, assuming Shaw or someone doesn't make that position their own and possibly a RB as Valencia isn't getting any younger.

Seij

I'd argue that there were many, many good available fullbacks this summer. In fact, probably more so than ever. It's just that we were cupping our ears and shouting "NO VALUE, WE'RE OK"

adz_87

Supports
Man City
He's only played 2 games in the league, Bournemouth and Liverpool where I thought he was both excellent and last night was no different.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Att 11 v 11 he was all over the place defensively against Pool. He is right for Pep's system though.
That's how I remember it too, Salah was very good against Mendy and he was all over the place. Once Liverpool were down to 10 then City completely dominated.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
:lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Painful watching him and Walker bomb up and down for City.
IMO, our FB situation is as critical as theirs was.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Say what!

Bwuk

Best left back in the league and comfortably.

We should of been all over him. It's laughable - we don't have a single left back near his level in the squad.

Darmian can't attack, and is woeful at times. Blind is a good footballer, but never a left back. Luke Shaw is a complete myth that gets better every game he doesn't play.

Imagine how much better we'd be with Mendy running in behind Martial/Rashford on the left.