Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yeah he's already gone. I'm saying that we could have gone for him as he was in a similar price range and I think he would have wanted to come here. But I think they're a different profile to one another. Will be interesting to see how he develops.
Ye I agree, I always thought we should of at least tried to sign him… however this guy might be better value for money considering he’s like 4 years younger. The thing with scamacca is there didn’t seem to be a lot of interest in him from top clubs which is obviously why he went to West Ham where has with sesko there seems to be top clubs circling around him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to European football journalist Andy Brassell he’s not as prolific but has a far better all round game then Haaland did at the same age.
Technically, Sesko is comfortably better than Haaland at the same age imo.

House Mkhitaryan

Apparently a lot of clubs use FM stats and data now because of how extensive their research is on players. It’s like their own scouting system.
The next logical step is some enterprising agent to pay a FM developer to bump his player's stats, potentially securing a big transfer and contract. :lol:

saik

The next logical step is some enterprising agent to pay a FM developer to bump his player's stats, potentially securing a big transfer and contract. :lol:
It is entirely possible but I don't think they are a company to accept that. If something like that ever happens they are likely to lose half of their already tiny player base. :lol:

Woodzy

I had no idea who this was last week but now I’m going to be incredibly upset if we don’t sign him.

Scholsey2004

Also just watched a highlights vid on him (I know, I know)... But feck this guy looks like the prototype striker that you would want. Tall, strong, fast, agile, seems to have a good touch and good technique and knows how to move with the ball. Of course he's raw, and will need time. I'm sure Salzburg was waiting for this season to be like what Haalands half season was before he signed for Dortmund in January. So he to me looks like he's on the verge of a breakout, and getting a head start on him now, helping develop him could also breed the loyalty that Haaland doesn't care about and just have him as our long term guy. Strikers are fecking rare, so I'm all for it the more I think about it. Haaland obviously had his release clause, but Liverpool just dropped 100m on Darwin and his technique/touch is pretty shit, but had his breakout goalscoring year.
Yeah he looks like he's got all the tools he needs to develop into a proper centre forward, something we've not had for a long time. Im sure if we're willing to pay a big fee the staff will have done their homework.

Bojan Djordjic

Yeah he looks like he's got all the tools he needs to develop into a proper centre forward, something we've not had for a long time. Im sure if we're willing to pay a big fee the staff will have done their homework.
This is satire, right?

roseguy64

Who the feck cares about the fee. Never ever understood those people.
The fee puts unnecessary pressure on players. Yeah you can argue there's already pressure coming to Man United but we really should be aiming to make it as easy as possible for players to fit in and adjust to give us their best.

VivaRonaldo85

We’ve been crying out for a player like this for years. You just fear that someone like a Dortmund will snap him up first before he moved to Bayern in 4 years time.

Suv666

Also just watched a highlights vid on him (I know, I know)... But feck this guy looks like the prototype striker that you would want. Tall, strong, fast, agile, seems to have a good touch and good technique and knows how to move with the ball. Of course he's raw, and will need time. I'm sure Salzburg was waiting for this season to be like what Haalands half season was before he signed for Dortmund in January. So he to me looks like he's on the verge of a breakout, and getting a head start on him now, helping develop him could also breed the loyalty that Haaland doesn't care about and just have him as our long term guy. Strikers are fecking rare, so I'm all for it the more I think about it. Haaland obviously had his release clause, but Liverpool just dropped 100m on Darwin and his technique/touch is pretty shit, but had his breakout goalscoring year.
Watched some highlights and same thoughts as above. Looks like he'll be a hot commodity in a year or two

Blood Mage

At least we now have a coach capable of developing talents like this. You just know Sesko would have come here and stagnated/regressed under any one of our other post-Fergie coaches.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Thread update based on tenuous and bullshit links seems desperate.

dedek_mraz

Last post of the day, was saving it for some concrete news from Slovenian media but sadly there is nothing .. only this report, that Šeško has several offers on the table and is still considering all of them, although it reads more like an opinion piece.

Fun fact: his agent started following Benni McCarthy on IG which I thought was odd .. but then again Šeško himself is not following anyone associated with United except Ronaldo (but he does follow City, Barca and Real :nono: ). Make of that what you will..

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

swissgenius

We bought Martial 6 years ago for 36 mil pounds, rising to 58 mil, and he was 19 and no one had ever heard of him.
1. Martial scored 9 goals in a top 5 league and played for France U21 NT. He was well known as one of the top talents in europe.
Sesko scored 5 for the dominating team in a weak league. Martial was more than one step ahead compared to Sesko now.

2. Even though Martial was a much more finished product, this example shows very accurately why you shouldn't break the bank for an unproven prospect.
He's still here but I wouldn't call it a love story. And his fee was undoubtedly way too high.

Instead of overpaying for talent that others have found, why not invest in our own scouting?
Salzburg didn't actually pay loads for their team full of talents, they discovered them all over the world. I know United is a bigger step but they could easily be loaned out. PSG has a huge army of talents across their league and can collect one or two of them for free every year. Look at Ekitike or Kalimuendo, we would speak about 100+ million if we wanted to sign them.

We used to be good at this, more at development rather than scouting, but that's even better I guess.
It feels like all we produce now is a level below, league average max.

Last edited:

Chief123

We bought Martial 6 years ago for 36 mil pounds, rising to 58 mil, and he was 19 and no one had ever heard of him.
You might not have heard of him, a lot of us did. He had an impressive season the year before and was making a name for himself especially in the champions league.

Bwuk

How does he compare to Greenwood at a similar age?

Because that’s the minimum level we should be expecting if we splash big £££ on him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Reminds me a little of a young Fernando Torres with his running and style but his finishing needs improving, picks the wrong option and takes too long at times. He will be shut out a lot in the premier league, by all means go for him though

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's always the case where right before we think a transfer deal is about to close, some one I assume the selling club will add a twist in the tale by introducing another club of interest just to close the deal or max out the deal

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we end up paying more than what Dortmund paid for Adeyemi or Halaand, I think that's not great

swissgenius

How does he compare to Greenwood at a similar age?

Because that’s the minimum level we should be expecting if we splash big £££ on him.
Well Greenwood was a starter here and scored 19 goals in all competitions for us in 19/20, younger than Sesko, who was mostly a substitute last year in the austrian league.

Not a very fair comparison since their styles are so completely different and types like Sesko are often late bloomers but yeah, Mason was miles ahead.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If we end up paying more than what Dortmund paid for Adeyemi or Halaand, I think that's not great
No way we pay less imo. They didn't intend to sell after Adeyemi, but it looks like they managed to create a market and we seem a bit desperate to add players to our attack + there is a long term interest in him.

Haaland is not a great comparison as he had a release clause though.

Bojan Djordjic

Well Greenwood was a starter here and scored 19 goals in all competitions for us in 19/20, younger than Sesko, who was mostly a substitute last year in the austrian league.

Not a very fair comparison since their styles are so completely different and types like Sesko are often late bloomers but yeah, Mason was miles ahead.
Greenwood scored ten goals from 3.6xg in the league that year. He was WAY-overperforming and scoring unsustainably improbable goals. We don't have xG data available for the Austrian Bundesliga but not really fair to compare Greenwood to Sesko because Greenwood was on a once in a lifetime hot streak as oppose to scoring at his true level.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
According to European football journalist Andy Brassell he’s not as prolific but has a far better all round game then Haaland did at the same age.
That’s what we want surely if we plan to play with a fluid attack. We still make chances and have a lot of the ball but we aren’t aggressive enough in the press or attacking the 6 yard box. For whatever reason the RB scouting and recruitment is gold standard at the moment when it comes to value and identifying talented players. they are spotting the right ones early and casting the net wider than the biggest clubs, taking more risks at a certain price range and all with the offer of first team football in the CL. They have a great package.

Mane and Haaland are the best of them so far but I reckon there’s some more cracking players of a similar standard about to emerge. Szobozlai and Sesko being the most exciting players at the moment. Why not take a punt? Sesko could be a Mane or he could be a Daka. For what it’s worth I think Daka will turn into a very solid PL player but most likely never good enough for a club of our expectations. Sesko looks to have a more interesting all round game. For a big guy he can move it around well. He can also be used as a target and hold up player. His finishing should come and then we could be dealing with the calibre of forward reaching his peak that we haven’t seen post Fergie. That’s surely what we have to be striving toward anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.