Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

Actually we have a Wyscout so we have access to every touch pass and run off the ball etc even from the most obscure games - so no different to what professional scout departments have access to at big clubs. We can’t obviously post every clip but one that paints the best narrative of what the analysis leads to. So different to just using a YouTube comp of best bits.
Ooh nice. You clearly put a lot of work in.

Teja

Actually we have a Wyscout so we have access to every touch pass and run off the ball etc even from the most obscure games - so no different to what professional scout departments have access to at big clubs. We can’t obviously post every clip but one that paints the best narrative of what the analysis leads to. So different to just using a YouTube comp of best bits.
Is there any way independent analysts can get access to that data? I'm sick and tired of scraping Understat.

RuudTom83

Next summer it might cost a bit more but it’s hardly a bargain this summer either.

Let ETH learn about the team and he can prioritise who he wants out of Sesko, Antony, Timber…or any of the Dutch National team that he adds to the list.

RedorDead21

Next summer it might cost a bit more but it’s hardly a bargain this summer either.

Let ETH learn about the team and he can prioritise who he wants out of Sesko, Antony, Timber…or any of the Dutch National team that he adds to the list.
we kind of need players this season…like we needed players in Jan last season…how many more seasons do we need to write off before we actually become a club who is transfer efficient.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@Raees nice job. How did you resist to ask him whether he's joining or not?! could have been the cafs first genuine ITK :lol:

red thru&thru

@Raees I have watched several of your videos, didn't realise you were a poster here (or I forgot, I dunno). Just wanted to say they're a really good quality.

May seem random but one of things that initially impressed me is that you frequently combine statistics with what you refer to as "the eye test". Most people get tunnel vision on one or the other, so it's refreshing that you attempt to contextualise the statistics with observation and reason. Keep up the good work.
Which channel?

saik

That conversation between Raees and Sesko should be threadmarked. What a brilliant moment. :lol:

Bojan Djordjic

we kind of need players this season…like we needed players in Jan last season…how many more seasons do we need to write off before we actually become a club who is transfer efficient.
Yeah exactly, it's as if we haven't been rebuilding for the last ten years. We need to front load our investment, deal with teething issues this season and then make the tweaks that are required to get us challenging for titles. First we delayed making purchases in January because we were waiting to see what EtH would want and now we're talking about lettting him spend a year with the same holes in the squad as we had at the start of the window and see if there is improvement. Definition of insanity.

RedorDead21

Yeah exactly, it's as if we haven't been rebuilding for the last ten years. We need to front load our investment, deal with teething issues this season and then make the tweaks that are required to get us challenging for titles. First we delayed making purchases in January because we were waiting to see what EtH would want and now we're talking about lettting him spend a year with the same holes in the squad as we had at the start of the window and see if there is improvement. Definition of insanity.
compared to the strategy city went with prior to Pep’s announcement we look second best as usual. They were working on the players he wanted for months I’m sure. Our new man didn’t even pick up the phone and call our ex manager for months apparently. His focus was a league title so he can’t really moan now we don’t have all his list ticked off yet.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
compared to the strategy city went with prior to Pep’s announcement we look second best as usual. They were working on the players he wanted for months I’m sure. Our new man didn’t even pick up the phone and call our ex manager for months apparently. His focus was a league title so he can’t really moan now we don’t have all his list ticked off yet.
Has he moaned about anything?

OsloRed

When names and words end with nd in Norwegian, we just pronounce the n. Same with England, Scotland etc. It would be Eng-lann and Scot-lann. We don't say HaalanD the way you say "and" in English.
To be fair, that does depend on where in Norway you are from.

Anustart89

@Raees You should offer him a big bet that he can't run 35km/h in a red shirt at Old Trafford. We'll crowdfund your losses if he joins to prove you wrong

red thru&thru

This lad seems very much an EtH signing. He needs good coaching though. EtH is the man for him.

MrSingh2002

This is exactly the type of signing we should make. Buying the next big thing before they cost £100m instead.

Loony BoB

I'm actually kinda surprised it's allowed for UEFA level competition. What happens if they play each other in UEFA games? Is that legal? Seems really dodgy.

EDIT: I suppose I wouldn't really care if it were for players in different leagues. Just concerns me if they're both in UEFA competitions at the same time.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm actually kinda surprised it's allowed for UEFA level competition. What happens if they play each other in UEFA games? Is that legal? Seems really dodgy.

EDIT: I suppose I wouldn't really care if it were for players in different leagues. Just concerns me if they're both in UEFA competitions at the same time.
In some leagues, shit like this has already gotten to that level of ridiculousness.

A few years ago the Croatian League was Dynamo Zagreb in first, with second place and their closest 'challengers' being Lokomotiva... their feeder club with their first XI being 90% players on loan from Dynamo.

Loony BoB

Just found out that the clubs have in fact faced each other in Europa before, actually shocking. Apparently they had to do some restructuring to allow it to happen or something, but definitely stinks if they're showing they still have financial bias between themselves (via cheaper transfers etc).

worldinmotion66

Great video @Raees, enjoyed the Martinez one too, and the links to Passarella and Baresi, two of my favourite ever players! Exciting to see how he gets on in a faster league.

dedek_mraz

Ok so today, we first got the info from Austrian media that he rejected all offers and is staying at Salzburg.
Then we got Fabrizio saying that his agent has met today with RB Leipzig.
Then we have 2 Slovenian reporters saying they spoke today with his agent directly and that the decision hasnt been made and all options are still open.
With reporter Rok Viskovic, who's been fairly reliable regarding Šeško saying that Šeško is leaning towards accepting one of the offers on the table, but there is a serious doubt if Salzburg would be willing let him go this season, so the likeliest outcome is that he is bought now, but left with Salzburg on loan for the year. The same reporter also added his personal opinion that the likeliest options are United or RB Leipzig.

And then right before RB Salzburg played todays game we have a statement from RB Salzburg sporting director Freund, saying that Šeško is definitely staying with RB Salzburg this year.

Sadly, I think that his agent is just enjoying the spotlight and is trying to milk the most out of it, but the harsh reality would seem like that its already decided between the two RB clubs, that he stays this year with Salzburg and goes to Leipizig next year. So basicaly .. @Raees - you're our only hope!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ok so today, we first got the info from Austrian media that he rejected all offers and is staying at Salzburg.
Then we got Fabrizio saying that his agent has met today with RB Leipzig.
Then we have 2 Slovenian reporters saying they spoke today with his agent directly and that the decision hasnt been made and all options are still open.
With reporter Rok Viskovic, who's been fairly reliable regarding Šeško saying that Šeško is leaning towards accepting one of the offers on the table, but there is a serious doubt if Salzburg would be willing let him go this season, so the likeliest outcome is that he is bought now, but left with Salzburg on loan for the year. The same reporter also added his personal opinion that the likeliest options are United or RB Leipzig.

And then right before RB Salzburg played todays game we have a statement from RB Salzburg sporting director Freund, saying that Šeško is definitely staying with RB Salzburg this year.

Sadly, I think that his agent is just enjoying the spotlight and is trying to milk the most out of it, but the harsh reality would seem like that its already decided between the two RB clubs, that he stays this year with Salzburg and goes to Leipizig next year. So basicaly .. @Raees - you're our only hope!
Or could it be that no one actually knows what the feck is happening?

Certainly Romano doesn't.

He is staying as no club is willing to take the risk in him for the rumoured price.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yeah rough around the edges but something to work with
This would be consistent with what Murtough is wanting to implement for the transfer policy under the Arnold regime -- get them young and groom them into superstars as opposed to buying superstars/brands under Woodward.

Dr. StrangeHate

I knew about NYCFC but didn't realize they had others.
They bought Pep's brother a club in Spain, probably making the Guardiolas obscenely rich. Having a network of clubs serves so many purposes. Remember when some American club bought Lampard and loaned him back to City. Who knows what else shananigans occur which no one is aware off.

Last edited:

Woodzy

feck sake we get an inside Muppet with contact to a transfer target and he slags him off! That’s not how it’s supposed to work.

jeepers

feck sake we get an inside Muppet with contact to a transfer target and he slags him off! That’s not how it’s supposed to work.
And links his own YouTube video instead of this thread?!

Woodzy

This reminded me that I had a very brief conversation with Mame Biram Diouf on Facebook once when he signed for Stoke and I can’t believe I never posted it on here at the time!

Trequarista10

Aren't they just paying themselves?
Ultimately, yes. Only concern for me is that it could be used in certain circumstances to get around FFP.

For example, if City need to balance their books for FFP, their owners could give one of their feeder clubs say £20m, and then the feeder clubs signs some City reject, but instead of paying £500k or whatever market rate, pays £20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.