Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

Not really.

I've just watched his highlights and imo this lad got potential. He's two footed and has a powerful and quite accurate shot by both feet. And he has quite a nice touch. That's very important for a striker. He's also very tall, big, strong and quite fast especially for his size. As you said hard worker too, which is also very important for a modern #9.

Plus imo he's quite mature for his age. In the highlights I watched there's a number of instances he would take the shot but decided to pass to another teammate in a better position. That means good decision making and a good team player.

Based on the highlights imo he's a good ~30m player. I'm happy with what I saw however all the highlights are from the Austrian league I think. With all due respect they don't defend well there (at all).
My assessment as well.

Teja

Not really.

I've just watched his highlights and imo this lad got potential. He's two footed and has a powerful and quite accurate shot by both feet. And he has quite a nice touch. That's very important for a striker. He's also very tall, big, strong and quite fast especially for his size. His technique is nothing amazing but actually very decent. He can do one touch pass and flick pretty well. As you said hard worker too, which is also very important for a modern #9.

Plus imo he's quite mature for his age. In the highlights I watched there's a number of instances he would take the shot but decided to pass to another teammate in a better position. That means good decision making and a good team player.

Based on the highlights imo he's a good ~30m player. I'm happy with what I saw however all the highlights are from the Austrian league I think. With all due respect they don't defend well there (at all).
Any links?

Joeycha88

Would be smart pickup this season. Can see this lad going for a lot more next summer with a good season this year. We will have plenty of games he can play with Europa and cups. Get him in.

Strelok

Any links?
Sure.

Pay attention to 4:26. It's a pretty difficult long pass but he controls it almost perfectly with his right foot then finish it low immediately with his left. Very very tidy especially for a guy that big. I like that a lot.
And

Last edited:

Strelok

Doesn't play like a 19 year old going by the clips.
Doesn't really look like a 19 yo either imo. Guy is already huge. Because of physics you don't find huge and fast guys often. And if that guy is two footed and got decent technique it's even much rarer.

However it's only the Austrian league so the clips can be quite deceptive I think.

Chief123

Doesn't really look like a 19 yo either imo. Guy is already huge. Because of physics you don't find huge and fast guys often. And if that guy is two footed, got decent technique it's even much rarer.

However it's only the Austrian league so the clips can be quite deceptive I think.
The impressive thing is he’s a beast in the air as well. It’s not often the case with big guys who can often struggle to get a good leap or have a good header. Sesko’s attributes are a recipe for a monster in the prem.

Strelok

The impressive thing is he’s a beast in the air as well. It’s not often the case with big guys who can often struggle to get a good leap or have a good header. Sesko’s attributes are a recipe for a monster in the prem.
Yeah agreed he seems to have a good jump and quite a header too.

Theoretically yes he'd be a monster in the prem but reality is always another story. It looks like he can do it there but we'll never know if he can do it here until he does.

arthurka

Don't see this happening but would love to get him here, young, talented and up and coming player. There is a lot to like.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sure.

Pay attention to 4:26. It's a pretty difficult long pass but he controls it almost perfectly with his right foot then finish it low immediately with his left. Very very tidy especially for a guy that big. I like that a lot.
And
I watched him play last year for the first time and was really impressed with his touch and technique, it's not normal for a guy his size to be technically so good and also have a turn of pace. I've seen him take down 50 yard passes with consumate ease with either foot. And the sequence you highlighted, again displays a very high level of technical ability that will cause issues to any defence.

This is a young player that I believe should be signed due to his very high ceiling and we would potentially save ourselves a lot of money down the road. He looks the total package to me and would be a developmental signing with huge upside.

Strelok

I watched him play last year for the first time and was really impressed with his touch and technique, it's not normal for a guy his size to be technically so good and also have a turn of pace. I've seen him take down 50 yard passes with consumate ease with either foot. And the sequence you highlighted, again displays a very high level of technical ability that will cause issues to any defence.

This is a young player that I believe should be signed due to his very high ceiling and we would potentially save ourselves a lot of money down the road. He looks the total package to me and would be a developmental signing with huge upside.
Yeah agreed we should buy him imo, if the asking price is not too crazy.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Sure.

And
The dude has excellent control for a big man no doubt. He is definitely on the Zlatan end of the Zlatan - Crouchy scale

Strelok

The dude has excellent control for a big man no doubt. He is definitely on the Zlatan end of the Zlatan - Crouchy scale
Yeah agreed it does seem the case.

I found a nice read here. If true he's actually quite hot from age 14. And he and his family seem to value his development the most.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...ttle-to-convince-rb-salzburg-superkid-4423948

We only have Martial as our true #9 and truth is he's not very reliable and a bit injury prone. Sesko would have plenty game time here if he's good enough. It'd be great for him to come here and develop under the guidance of ETH I think. Again, given the asking price is not too crazy.

AndySmith1990

Always makes me laugh when people complain about other clubs demanding high fees for players they want to keep. Would we be happy to sell the likes of Garnacho and Zidane for £20m?

Strelok

£45m seems a lot, and kinda opportunistic by RB given his age and relative inexperience.
It's actually not a lot if you think he's a £30m player + £15m United and PL tax. And he could be very well the next real deal +£100m striker especially given the current Sahara-esque striker market.

Anyway if they're asking for £45m they'll settle for around £30-35m I think. Which imo is quite reasonable.

We paid £50m for Fred, £50m for AWB etc. you know.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It's actually not a lot if you think he's a £30m player + £15m United and PL tax. And he could be very well the next real deal +£100m striker especially given the current Sahara-esque striker market.

Anyway if they're asking for £45m they'll settle for around £30-35m I think. Which imo is quite reasonable.

We shouldn’t have to pay any Utd tax. And overpaying for others doesn’t mean we should do it every transfer. I take your point about him being the next big thing though, and agree £30m-ish would be a decent deal.

dove

No matter how you spin it or how many imaginable taxes you add, it's still a lot for a striker who has scored 5 goals in an Austrian top league.

Strelok

We shouldn’t have to pay any Utd tax. And overpaying for others doesn’t mean we should do it every transfer. I take your point about him being the next big thing though, and agree £30m-ish would be a decent deal.
Yeah agreed.
No matter how you spin it or how many imaginable taxes you add, it's still a lot for a striker who has scored 5 goals in an Austrian top league.
Oh he's only scored that much? That I don't know I thought he's scored a good number given the clips. If so agreed that it's too expensive.

Anyway not my money and if we manage to sign him for ~£30m I'd be quite happy and excited to see how he'd do here.

dove

Oh he's only scored that much? That I don't know I thought he's scored a good number given the clips. If so agreed that it's too expensive.

Anyway not my money and if we manage to sign him for ~£30m I'd be quite happy and excited to see how he'd do here.
Yea, basically all his goals are in the Austrian 2nd league, which I don't know the level but I would suspect it's quite low.

Strelok

Yea, basically all his goals are in the Austrian 2nd league, which I don't know the level but I would suspect it's quite low.
Yeah it's low. Now with this new info even £30m is a bit too much imo.

But if he scores like 20 goals and some goals in the CL this season I'm sure they'd ask for much more. He'll score loads in the Austrian league at the least. They don't defend very well there. The striker market is just so dire atm. We should take the risks I think. Plus we do need a good #9 right now. If he could become what we think he might what a bargain that would be.

So he’s staying but he’s also for sale
They're basically saying he's happy there so only a big sum would do. Typical negotiation tactic. We should take all that with a big pinch of salt though.

Mainoldo

He had a release clause of about €20m which was triggered.
That’s fair. They just sold a Germany kid who was their top goal scorer for their last season.

He didn’t have a release clause. How much they sell him for?

Kingslayer18

45m for a 19yr old who plays in the Austrian league is way too much. Adam Hlozek recently went to Leverkusen for 14m. Bayern bought Mathys Tel for 28.5m whilst Hugo Ekitike is on loan with option for 35m. All young strikers with potential and that's how we should view any fee in relation to Sesko. There is no ways we should be paying over 35m.

I'm still bummed we didn't move for Ekitike when we had the chance, he could've played as a 3rd choice striker and on the RW for us and the transfer fee was relatively cheap.

Abraxas

The market situation kills any chance of an Austrian league bargain. That just isn't happening. If there's no certainty then potential becomes the next best thing. You either don't buy a striker, or wait for the high potential strikers to breakout, in which case you face more competition and it won't help the valuation anyway. Salzburg are bound to be aware of this, you wouldn't give away your golden goose cheaply. Maybe it won't reach the top end of the mooted fees but it's not going to be 25 mill or something.

Strelok

45m for a 19yr old who plays in the Austrian league is way too much. Adam Hlozek recently went to Leverkusen for 14m. Bayern bought Mathys Tel for 28.5m whilst Hugo Ekitike is on loan with option for 35m. All young strikers with potential and that's how we should view any fee in relation to Sesko. There is no ways we should be paying over 35m.

I'm still bummed we didn't move for Ekitike when we had the chance, he could've played as a 3rd choice striker and on the RW for us and the transfer fee was relatively cheap.
Yeah agreed. Especially when he's scored only 5 goals in the Austrian top league.

I don't follow the other leagues much you seem to so do you think this kid is any good/special? Do you think he'd be the next big thing? And how he is compared to the other top young strikers?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
If he was a NFL players he would definitely be a early first round pick. Striker. World class potential. Rare commodity.

The only thing we don’t know if is he has the motivation and the discipline to take the final step from being promising to the be the real deal. He probably still grow physically and in a few years time he can have a Haaland/Zlatan type of body. (Zlatan was less muscular then he‘s today in his early twenties) Add that to a already good shooting instinct and technique and the end result can be spectacular.

United is in a position where they need to take chances to catch up with the better teams. Look at Liverpool, they didn’t hesitate even with there great forwards when they bought their new striker.

£45m or whatever he will cost is a no brainer compared to buying Antony or Raphina for close to €60-70m.

Chairman Woodie

It would be preferable to negotiate a £30m or £35m fee with add-ons, if United want to sign him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That’s fair. They just sold a Germany kid who was their top goal scorer for their last season.

He didn’t have a release clause. How much they sell him for?
Ayedemi was sold for €38m according to reports. And he was a planned sale by Salzburg at the time of his departure.

Ayedemi is also about 18 months older than Sesko and it was the right time for him and Salzburg to part ways due to the player taking the step up in his career. Sesko on the other hand is younger and Salzburg probably feel they can maximise his value by keeping him for another season and selling him for a even higher price than what they got for Ayedemi. Hence it has been reported about Salzburg wanting to keep the player for another season.

swissgenius

And he could be very well the next real deal +£100m striker especially given the current Sahara-esque striker market.
Who says that? He's no Haaland, not even a Moukouko or Adeyemi. Why do people in here suddenly think he's Europes greatest talent out there altough they haven't heard of him 2 weeks ago?
He's very young with great tools but hasn't proven anything so far. There are dozens out there on a similar level. Throwing around £50M for him would be madness, he'll still be available for that even if he starts scoring in the Austrian league this year

Strelok

Who says that? He's no Haaland, not even a Moukouko or Adeyemi. Why do people in here suddenly think he's Europes greatest talent out there altough they haven't heard of him 2 weeks ago?
He's very young with great tools but hasn't proven anything so far. There are dozens out there on a similar level. Throwing around £50M for him would be madness, he'll still be available for that even if he starts scoring in the Austrian league this year
So you don't think the lad is the next big thing I suppose?

How do you think he is compared to the top young strikers you mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.