Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s an agents job to get details of an offer or interest and find out whether his player and the club are willing to listen

Bestietom

Can't really call Nunez a top goalscorer given his "feats" are in a weak league.

Also while we obviously do lack goals it's important that the player is the right fit for the new system rather than just a name to narrow some gap. Ronaldo and Varane were supposedly narrow the gap players but we somehow blew that open wide.
Nunez really looks the part and I would have been happy to get him here. Ronaldo did get us 24 goals last season and we can't rely on Martial, so we need to bring in a CF who will score 20/25 goals a season and will be around for a long time. Nunez and Haaland if they stay injury free, will score lots of goals for their teams.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nunez really looks the part and I would have been happy to get him here. Ronaldo did get us 24 goals last season and we can't rely on Martial, so we need to bring in a CF who will score 20/25 goals a season and will be around for a long time. Nunez and Haaland if they stay injury free, will score lots of goals for their teams.
We do, but if we can't find him then we improve in other areas and fix that next summer.

AussieDevil

I like him but I think for someone with his skill set to become world class he needs to become very very good at setting up his team mates. Big, tall lad and seems a good finisher but if you aren’t going to push the defence back with pace then you need to push them forward by making them close you down before you can play one of your team mates in behind.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So we settle for another top 6 finish.
Not necessarily. City didn't have a natural goalscorer you'd expect 25-30 goals from whereas Spurs did. If our football comes on leaps and bounds and we develop a great style of play it'll improve us more than a rushed panic CF signing. Of course I want another RVN / RVP at United but I just don't feel everything boils down to the CF your team has and his expected goal tally.

RedorDead21

We do, but if we can't find him then we improve in other areas and fix that next summer.
but we have known this since the greenwood issue….to go into the season relying on ronaldo and only him for our goals, oh and the guy we loaned out last season, for a club of our stature…it’s pretty obvious why we deserve to be around the positions we achieve these days in the league.

Bojan Djordjic

Yeah agreed. Especially when he's scored only 5 goals in the Austrian top league.

I don't follow the other leagues much you seem to so do you think this kid is any good/special? Do you think he'd be the next big thing? And how he is compared to the other top young strikers?
I think this is getting a bit over-stated now. He scored five goals in fewer than 11 full 90mins. Hardly a bad return for an eighteen year old who’s growing into his body.

He already has a goal and an assist in Les than two full games this season. At this age, it’s hard to judge purely on numbers.

He had a great performance against Liverpool and fairly elite defenders like Konaté.His fundamentals are good, his central attacking runs are very promising and he’s got a lovely strike on him. I have no doubt the goals will come for him as he matures.

Bestietom

Not necessarily. City didn't have a natural goalscorer you'd expect 25-30 goals from whereas Spurs did. If our football comes on leaps and bounds and we develop a great style of play it'll improve us more than a rushed panic CF signing. Of course I want another RVN / RVP at United but I just don't feel everything boils down to the CF your team has and his expected goal tally.
Ok mate, we will agree to differ, but I really think we need a top forward who will score lots of goals and I still think Ten Hag will go all out for one.

aeh1991

30m + 10m bonus if he gets certain amount of games + 5 if United reach CL place + 10 if he grabs certain amounts of goals, should do it, no?

Bestietom

30m + 10m bonus if he gets certain amount of games + 5 if United reach CL place + 10 if he grabs certain amounts of goals, should do it, no?
Yes, It should be enough, but they want him loaned back for another year.

Alemar

Unless you get actually pictured in a sordid meeting in a restaurant somewhere you’ll be fine.
Even then - agent or agency often works for many different players, including proactive search of new club for their clients. Very difficult to prove a club liable of a violation here

Strelok

I think this is getting a bit over-stated now. He scored five goals in fewer than 11 full 90mins. Hardly a bad return for an eighteen year old who’s growing into his body.

He already has a goal and an assist in Les than two full games this season. At this age, it’s hard to judge purely on numbers.

He had a great performance against Liverpool and fairly elite defenders like Konaté.His fundamentals are good, his central attacking runs are very promising and he’s got a lovely strike on him. I have no doubt the goals will come for him as he matures.
Yeah agreed it does seem the case.

Of course there's always doubt but imo he got considerable potential and personally I'd love to have him here. He surely looks promising enough. Anyway imo we should trust ETH on this, he seems to be pretty great regarding reading young players and developing them I think.

aeh1991

Yes, It should be enough, but they want him loaned back for another year.
I think they prefer him to stay for another season, but I don't think they'd want him back on loan that desperately. If they get enough money, they will let him go. They have Okafor, Koita, Adamu, Fernando and also Simic who is almost the same player type as Sesko.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Rooney was a prodigy and nobody disputed it despite scoring single digit goals a season. That's the point - goals aren't everything when judging young players especially.

With Sesko every credible source notes he's nowhere near a finished article and certainly not at the level of martial or Rooney were. But that is not at all just about goals. It's a holistic appraisal. So talking about just goals really is inappropriate here, and even more so when intentionally misleading people as you've done, friend.
Not really. It’s lot lot lot harder to score goals in PL, and hence it’s less important to measure young PL forward by goals. But for Swiss league, people would have expect more. Truth is, no one talk about him before preseasons, so he is not much a special talent based on last season form. Also, 5 goals for a CF in Swiss league is a really very very poor return, especially for someone who is valued at 50m. It’s not rocket science to figure that one out my friend.

For example, the top scorer last season in Swiss is Pefok, who has 22 goals. Just 2 season prior to the last one, he has 0 goal in 14 games in Ligue 1. It’s really very poor league.

Last edited:

Ted Lasso

Not really. It’s lot lot lot harder to score goals in PL, and hence it’s less important to measure young PL forward by goals. But for Switzerland league, people would have expect more. Truth is, no one talk about him before preseasons, so he is not much a special talent based on last season form. Also, 5 goals for a CF in Switzerland league is a really very poor return, especially for someone who is valued at 50m. It’s not rocket science to figure that one out my friend.
No need to condescdend.

I believed you right off the bat that Sesko has only scored 5 goals with Red Bull. Went to check his youth team record and saw that you actually have misrepresented his stats.

He has scored over twice that many goals for Red Bull (including in the Champions League) and 20+ while on loan to their feeder club right after making the break thru from the youth setup.

This whole discussion is distorted by your hiding truth to make a point.

dedek_mraz

Not really. It’s lot lot lot harder to score goals in PL, and hence it’s less important to measure young PL forward by goals. But for Austrian league, people would have expect more. Truth is, no one talk about him before preseasons, so he is not much a special talent based on last season form. Also, 5 goals for a CF in Austrian league is a really very poor return, especially for someone who is valued at 50m. It’s not rocket science to figure that one out my friend.
The "only 5 goals" thing has been debunked already. Last season he played 24 matches in the league, being the substitue in 16 of those, so you have to look at goals per minutes played which is 193'. He also had 3 assists. He played 4 matches in the Austrian cup, scoring 4 times with 3 assists, and played 2 CL games with scoring 1 and assisting 1 goal. This year he played 3 games scoring 2 with 1 assist. So whilst its not Haaland numbers you cannot say that its a very poor return. But more importantly the hype around him is because he has a rare combination of height, strenght, speed and footwork whilst being an aggressive presser and willing runner off the ball. He undoubtedly needs to drastically improve his finishing and passing, but its not like he's bad at it he just rushes it far too often. But if anything these are the 2 things I could see seriously improving under a coach like Ten Hag.

Another thing to note is that with Šeško we would get something that no other United forward has - really aggressive pressing from the tip of the formation. Martial and Rashford can obviously improve their press but a 6'4 foot guy running full sprint to press you is a different kind of problem for defenders.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No need to condescdend.

I believed you right off the bat that Sesko has only scored 5 goals with Red Bull. Went to check his youth team record and saw that you actually have misrepresented his stats.

He has scored over twice that many goals for Red Bull (including in the Champions League) and 20+ while on loan to their feeder club right after making the break thru from the youth setup.

This whole discussion is distorted by your hiding truth to make a point.
He scored 5 goals in 24 games last season in Swiss league. That’s a fact. The other 5 goals he scored are in domestic cup, if that’s important stats to you, you are free to count them too.

Ted Lasso

He scored 5 goals in 24 games last season in Swiss league. That’s a fact. The other 5 goals he scored are in domestic cup, if that’s important stats to you, you are free to count them too.
Poster harps about player not scoring goals.

Same poster says goals in one competition versus the other not important.

Classic mental gymnastics. Like I said, between going from friendly discussion to condescending and the fact that you're willfully ignoring stats when using stats...that's it from me. Enjoy your day.

Mmm-Qatarian

For starters, it's the Austrian League; he doesn't play in Switzerland. Also, the vast majority of those 24 matches were played as a substitute. He played 979 minutes last season in the Austrian Bundesliga, which equates to 10.9 full 90 minute matches. Roughly speaking, he scored a goal once every two full matches worth of football he played; that's not bad going for a player his age.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Exactly, it was established earlier in this thread he plays in the German league.
Well my bad, I got it mixed up, it’s Austrian league be exact. Anyway, let’s not pretend it’s a very tough league.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
For starters, it's the Austrian League; he doesn't play in Switzerland. Also, the vast majority of those 24 matches were played as a substitute. He played 979 minutes last season in the Austrian Bundesliga, which equates to 10.9 full 90 minute matches. Roughly speaking, he scored a goal once every two full matches worth of football he played; that's not bad going for a player his age.
Yeh I got it mixed up, should be Austrian league.

Anyway, I am not saying he is bad player, just that he isn’t worth 50m at any stretch yet.

phelans shorts

Even then - agent or agency often works for many different players, including proactive search of new club for their clients. Very difficult to prove a club liable of a violation here
Oh I agree, was just a nod towards the last time a team did get stung over this with Liverpool/Van Dijk/Blackpool

Dazzmondo

If Chelsea and Real are trying to sign him this lad is special and we should go for it honestly. Real in particular only go for top young talents.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Malacia was here we g0oooooo close with Lyon until we came in. You are never truly safe from the gazump. So unless he’s just clicked the pen he’s about to sign with, I’m calling rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.