Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill3r7

It's actually not a lot if you think he's a £30m player + £15m United and PL tax. And he could be very well the next real deal +£100m striker especially given the current Sahara-esque striker market.

Anyway if they're asking for £45m they'll settle for around £30-35m I think. Which imo is quite reasonable.

We paid £50m for Fred, £50m for AWB etc. you know.
Agreed. The dearth of quality strikers/forwards is going to impact that market significantly in the coming years. Unfortunately teams with established front offices and managers are better suited to take on such a risk.

Rolaholic

That fee is crazy, Bayern got the best French striker prospect since Benzema for 25m less and PSG signed another heralded French prospect for 20m less

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If he is actually on his way here, then we are for sure getting rid of Ronaldo. Big plus IMO anyway. Sesko will be motivated, he will work hard, he is an actual striker which Ronaldo has never been, and it would be very good for our rebuild getting in a young talented striker to rotate in as a different option (and Martial still happy as he'll be a starter until he loses it with Sesko's age). Physically Sesko is ready for the Prem anyway IMO so I'm not too worried about that side like I would be with other young players.

OleGunnar20

Mad prices being bandied about, I'd figured it was all press gossip but does seem to be sticking around at that ~$50m mark .. blimey.

Looks a good prospect mind, but surely there's better value out there to be had? Ah well. So long as the cash doesn't go in the Glazers pocket, I'm not complaining.

saik

That fee is crazy, Bayern got the best French striker prospect since Benzema for 25m less and PSG signed another heralded French prospect for less
This deal is gathering a lot of pace now, possibly going to be done this week? I agree that fee is crazy for someone who hasn't had his breakout season yet. But I guess that's what happens when United goes in for someone. I hope a lot of that fee will be structured with addons similar to how the Martial deal was. Cheeky Balon D'or clause never hurt anyone. :angel:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

That fee is crazy, Bayern got the best French striker prospect since Benzema for 25m less and PSG signed another heralded French prospect for 20m less
Bayern signed a player that has virtually not experienced of professional football, to call him the best french striker prospect since Benzema is beyond a stretch.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
£41.8m seems a bit pricey, but there is an absolute dearth of striker talent out there at the moment and our need is pretty great. I hope this goes through.
There are some out there, just a lot of them have already moved, for 30~m. So when you think they don't want to sell him this year, a premium would need to be applied. I don't imagine it will end up 50m and if it did, it would be including bonus' - but i actaully think Salzburg position is kind of fair enough.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

That's totally too much for someone who is totally unproven at top level, or at any level, to be honest.

But since we are running out of attacker options, if we could get him for 25m + 15m adds on, I might still want to go for him, based on his talents as shown on preseasons alone...

mu4c_20le

Bayern signed a player that has virtually not experienced of professional football, to call him the best french striker prospect since Benzema is beyond a stretch.
That one guy here keeps calling him the next Mbappe, guessing he basing it on that

Tony247

50m! But if we could spend 37m on Amad who hardly played any full game in Seria A, then what the heck, go bonkers!

MUnchies

CAF - We need signings ASAP, we take to long to get deals done. Just pay the price

Also CAF - Wow, he’s so expensive I hope we move on. I’m sure we can find better deals elsewhere.

Strootman's Finger

Can't see Madrid spending 50m+ on a Benzema backup.
Well Real is a properly run club, so I don't imagine a 19 year old from Austria would be expected to have much of an impact in his first couple years or be playing regularly... as opposed to United, who would sign him and put the weight of the club on his shoulders immediately.

Alemar

50m! But if we could spend 37m on Amad who hardly played any full game in Seria A, then what the heck, go bonkers!
When did we spend 37m on Amad? Half of his fee were always variables - and he couldn’t achieve them (yet).

Chairman Steve

I feel this is a more prudent decision than chasing Antony. I get the feeling this small window is the best time to snag someone like this because he could go to Leipzig, Dortmund, Benfica etc, be a huge hit, suddenly its really expensive and we’re kicking ourselves wondering why we didn’t do it. He looks exciting. He’s got that Harry Kane-like build and playstyle. He looks like someone who under a very hands on coach like ETH can get his potential realised much faster than usual.

Antony can wait until next year. I think with our good relationship with Ajax and Antony’s loyalty and familiarity with ETH, we can make it happen anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That one guy here keeps calling him the next Mbappe, guessing he basing it on that
Which is a stretch. No one has a clue about whether he is the next someone, he has done virtually nothing at professional level.

Chief123

It’s very likely that 50m fee will be including a big chunk of appearance/performance add ons. If he achieves those add ons, it’s likely he’ll have been a success.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ten Hag likes a target man upfront and this guy will be exactly that. If we get him then I expect him to be getting on the end of most crosses and set pieces, we now have the set piece taker in eriksen and now hopefully the goalscorer.

Tony247

When did we spend 37m on Amad? Half of his fee were always variables - and he couldn’t achieve them (yet).
That's how fees are quoted in football. BTW variables doesn't make that punt on amad sounds less silly.

Thisistheone

Big fee but all for getting this done. Looks like a potential superstar and would be great to see ten Hag develop him over the coming years.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yup. I typed that out and deleted it! Great minds :lol:
Also just watched a highlights vid on him (I know, I know)... But feck this guy looks like the prototype striker that you would want. Tall, strong, fast, agile, seems to have a good touch and good technique and knows how to move with the ball. Of course he's raw, and will need time. I'm sure Salzburg was waiting for this season to be like what Haalands half season was before he signed for Dortmund in January. So he to me looks like he's on the verge of a breakout, and getting a head start on him now, helping develop him could also breed the loyalty that Haaland doesn't care about and just have him as our long term guy. Strikers are fecking rare, so I'm all for it the more I think about it. Haaland obviously had his release clause, but Liverpool just dropped 100m on Darwin and his technique/touch is pretty shit, but had his breakout goalscoring year.

Thisistheone

It’s very likely that 50m fee will be including a big chunk of appearance/performance add ons. If he achieves those add ons, it’s likely he’ll have been a success.
Exactly. Very exciting signing if we get it done.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

It must be 30+20

20m if he scores a hattrick in anfield and then proceeds to piss on the kop.

So its realistically 30m which is a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.