Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Get the feeling this is all fuelled by his agents in the preparation for moving him next season.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Is there no premier league striker from last year's bottom PL/Championship teams who could do a great job as a backup to Martial?
Ivan Toney or Ben Brereton, would be good signings. May even replace Martial.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Is there no premier league striker from last year's bottom PL/Championship teams who could do a great job as a backup to Martial?
Id take Toney as a back up. Don’t think Toney would take that.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I wondered about Weghorst from Burnley. Surely he’d jump out of the championship in a heartbeat.

worldinmotion66

Think we're gonna get fleeced here. He's obviously got potential but he's not exactly dominating at a far lower standard. Can't imagine he'd be ready to play for us this season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He has offers to play as a starter from Bundesliga clubs. Wouldn't be surprised he choses them over warming the bench here
The only way he warms the bench is if Ronaldo stays and even if he does stay he’ll get plenty of games… if he’s confident he’s good enough then he’ll come for the challenge. Ten Hag sometimes plays 2 up front anyway which could suit Ronaldo as he’s always said he likes to play with a strike partner

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The only way he warms the bench is if Ronaldo stays and even if he does stay he’ll get plenty of games… if he’s confident he’s good enough then he’ll come for the challenge. Ten Hag sometimes plays 2 up front anyway which could suit Ronaldo as he’s always said he likes to play with a strike partner
Ronaldo is staying. So he’ll be third choice

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We were linked to Ings before. I would take him

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Id take Toney as a back up. Don’t think Toney would take that.
I think Toney's advisors would look at Martial (regular injuries, poor performer) and Ronaldo (wants to leave, contract expiring), and advise him to move here. This is his best chance to go to a historic big club. I'm sure Toney is confident enough to replace Martial and he knows Ronaldo wont play every game and is leaving at the end of the season.

Bobski

People, accept it,

Its Teemu Pukki time(if he is still at Norwich and available)

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Highly doubt that. Martials form in pre season won’t last forever and Ronaldo won’t play every game.
Martial curling shots into the top corner or walking around the field moping like he lost his dog in the park? I think he's not in the clubs long term plans. Ronaldo will 100% get 30+ starts IMO.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Martial curling shots into the top corner or walking around the field moping like he lost his dog in the park? I think he's not in the clubs long term plans. Ronaldo will 100% get 30+ starts IMO.
If he stays… that will obviously happen. Doesn’t mean we don’t need to sign another striker though. Martial gets injured a lot and Ronaldo might have bad form

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We used to have 4 strikers under Fergie, 4 good ones.

If we sign this lad of course he will get playing time. Ronaldo is almost 38, and martial is injury prone

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

If we sign this lad of course he will get playing time. Ronaldo is almost 38, and martial is injury prone
We also used to play 442. Generally I think you could get by fine with two bona fide strikers. We've got none though.

Herculean

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Where have you been the last 10 years
We can still have ambition, no? Feck me, if I felt like some in here, I’d give up the game completely.

If United had lost their ambition in the early 80s, we would’ve never had Ferguson and the glory that followed. Believe!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Eh it doesn't make sense if Ronaldo stays. You want 2 players per position. When Sir Alex was here, it was 442, so you needed 4 strikers. We have 2 because we play 1 striker. We should have 4 wingers, but we have 2, that's the bigger issue.

Bojan Djordjic

Are you saying EtH is as shit as RR then?
One of the main reasons RR was shit was because he was trying to implement a pressing game plan which requires everyone to play their part. He was completely hamstrung from the start because Ronaldo was essentially refusing to cooperate in training and Rangnick had to work with nine outfield players. EtH may be a better manager but I wouldn't expect a significantly better outcome when you have a player who expects the entire team to serve his individual needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.