Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

The structure of this deal will be the important factor in determining whether he joins us.

If most of it is backloaded and target based, I think we have a chance.

This one is the difficult one to pull off. FDJ is done and dusted, contrary to all the predictable noise coming from barcelona camp as a result of the saga drawing to a close.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That price for a pure striker when we have 2 others who play the lone striker position? I'm all for sesko, but if he comes, to me that's clearly a Ronaldo replacement. I could see us signing him and loaning him back for a year, but the only reason he would come now would be to replace Ronaldo imo. I just don't see having more than 2 players in 1 position as a smart tactic, you always end up with unhappy players. And we have other areas to address before we reach that point.
He is only 19 years old and has 0 experience in top flight, and has only managed to score 5 goals in Austrian league last season. He won't be expected to be our first choice in PL anyway, he is purely for long term future type of investment. While Ronaldo won't be here next season, even if we are going to play 37 year old as our first choice, the kid would still have fair amount of chance as backup and in squad rotation.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The structure of this deal will be the important factor in determining whether he joins us.

If most of it is backloaded and target based, I think we have a chance.

This one is the difficult one to pull off. FDJ is done and dusted, contrary to all the predictable noise coming from barcelona camp as a result of the saga drawing to a close.
Wrong, it’s all on @Raees from here on in

Idxomer

His agents were creating a market for next season, there was nothing to see here from the beginning.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That’s annoying. Looks a top talent. Another one we will probably never sign now.

hobbers

Would rather wait a season and join a top club than come to United.

Who could blame him, really.

Dannn411

He's basically saying none of the clubs that have shown interest are appealing to him. If Madrid came knocking this summer, he'd be gone without even thinking.

lex talionis

The boy looks the perfect signing for us, given the circumstances. Ronaldo will be here for at least the first half of the season and, incredibly, Martial may put in a few shifts as well. We don’t need Sesko to walk in as an automatic starter. It’s not now or never to take the big step, but unless he’s not interested in joining United this would be a great step at the right time for a club which will need a striker in 1-2 seasons.

Dempsey19

Can we sign him and put him on loan over there?

Give Salzburg some incentives and add in 5m if he hits 20 goals or something.
That would be the smartest move. But Salzburg know if he has a good season he will go for even more money than what we would pay now.

Bojan Djordjic

That would be the smartest move. But Salzburg know if he has a good season he will go for even more money than what we would pay now.
Don't really think it's about money. Can't realistically see him going for higher than £50mn no matter how many goals he scores in the Austrian league. However, it can also go the other for the club in those circumstances in that he underperforms in the Austrian league and his value is decimated. I think Salzburg's planning just means that they want to have him this season until Roko Simic or their next bright thing is developed.

NLunited

Could be smart move on his part like Timber, or he is fecked up in the head.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He's basically saying none of the clubs that have shown interest are appealing to him. If Madrid came knocking this summer, he'd be gone without even thinking.
Wouldn’t say so, players these days want to develop and maybe he feels best place is to stay. There’s plenty of time to go to a bigger club he’s only what? 18? 19?

kidbob

God we are at the point where even buying potential is difficult. I wouldn't mind he'd get plenty of game time here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.