Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

saik

Such a shame. He looks really talented from the clips. Could have been one to get excited about tuning into to watch. Instead we'll tune in to watch a 33 year old ex Stoke man.
It's even more depressing when you put it that way. Seriously there should be someone else we can find other than fecking Arnautovic. :houllier:

DavelinaJolie

How far have we sunken when someone choses Leipzig over us? It's embarrassing.

These young talents are exactly what we need but none of them wanna come.
Because he can go to Leipzig and play week in week out, Utd cannot promise that. For his progress as a player it's more important that he plays. His agent will probably also have worked out a release release clause or some agreement about future offers.

Irrational.

I look forward to the Sesko saga in the summer of ‘23 where we’re competing with Chelsea to sign him for £90 million.

The way the RB clubs are run has to be looked at though. Something dodgy going on. cnuts.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Because he can go to Leipzig and play week in week out, Utd cannot promise that. For his progress as a player it's more important that he plays. His agent will probably also have worked out a release release clause or some agreement about future offers.
It's not like he'll automatically start. Leipzig still have Silva and Werner to play upfront, Nkunku hasn't been sold yet either.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Such a shame. He looks really talented from the clips. Could have been one to get excited about tuning into to watch. Instead we'll tune in to watch a 33 year old ex Stoke man.
On a positive note, the management of RB Leipzig doesn't usually stand in the way of players who want to leave (provided the buying club makes a good offer), so Seško could be an option in the future when he's more experienced and productive (hopefully United will be a more attractive destination by then, and more proactive with its recruitment). Also, he is not the first or last talented young striker in football; at Salzburg alone, you have the likes of Karim Konaté and Roko Simić (who are younger than Seško and following the same Liefering route). :)

DavelinaJolie

It's not like he'll automatically start. Leipzig still have Silva and Werner to play upfront, Nkunku hasn't been sold yet either.
He's not going there til next year, at which point they'll probably sell Nkunku for major money. This is how they operate, production line of players up through the clubs so when they sell for big money, they have a replacement in house.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's not going there til next year, at which point they'll probably sell Nkunku for major money. This is how they operate, production line of players up through the clubs so when they sell for big money, they have a replacement in house.
Even then it'll be Silva and Werner he has to compete with. Compared to... ...Arnautovic?

Widow

Some people are on the pitch.

They think it’s all over.

It is now.

I saw this, in fact I posted it but you asked why the thread wasn't closed. They don't get closed until the official announcement..... That we now have!

We've lost out on a good prospect here.

Chief123

I saw this, in fact I posted it but you asked why the thread wasn't closed. They don't get closed until the official announcement..... That we now have!

We've lost out on a good prospect here.
Yep we sure have. It’s just further gutted feeling this summer. I think his ship has sailed even in the future now. We just don’t win transfer battles for the best young talents.

We just have to hope another promising forward breaks through this year.

Chief123

Sesko is going there next summer. Nkunku will probably be sold next year.

Widow

Yep we sure have. It’s just further gutted feeling this summer. I think his ship has sailed even in the future now. We just don’t win transfer battles for the best young talents.

We just have to hope another promising forward breaks through this year.
Rabiot and ARNAUTOVIC, a summer that promised so much and has delivered very little.

Scriblerus

So…a week ago I'd never heard of him, I've never seen him play, but now I'm gutted that we haven't managed to sign him and expect to be here in a year or two when we have a thousand posts as we try to get him for about £70m…….have I got this right?

Woodzy

Nah City will sign him as a number 3 striker in March 2024 for about £30m when they are already 15 points clear in the league while we are looking for our next manager ready to begin another rebuild.

McTerminator

Why can’t, we promise that. It’s hardly a strong squad to try and break into these days.

DevilRed

Big risk they take considering that a lot of clubs were willing to pay big money this summer.

Not everyone turns into haaland. If he has a bad season then they lose out on a lot of money.

Chief123

Surely you’d keep constantly updated with his agent if we were seriously interested in him and he’d be saying look Leipzig are close to agreeing a deal are you going to bid or not?
We must have been given some “assurances” from some fairies flying around in the office. Just how we are quietly confident of the FDJ deal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Monitoring FC strikes again

Surely you’d keep constantly updated with his agent if we were seriously interested in him and he’d be saying look Leipzig are close to agreeing a deal are you going to bid or not?
This is clearly BS. Nothing was left 'too late'. Our interest was clear before his decision was made.

He just wanted to take the logical path which is Leipzig then big transfer.

Davie Moyes

Monitoring FC strikes again

Yeah right, you can tell when these so called journalists are spouting nonsense. As if the Red Bull group did not have this plan for Sesko already in place. All we did is accelerate his move to RBL.

mu4c_20le

Yeah right, you can tell when these so called journalists are spouting nonsense. As if the Red Bull group did not have this plan for Sesko already in place. All we did is accelerate his move to RBL.
Exactly, when did we ever have a realistic chance? Last spring, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.