Benjamin Sesko | Salzburg | Leipzig

avgp_1

He is far from ready and we need a proper option right away.

If Chelsea want to go out and spend the kind of money it will take to get him and wait to see if he is all that, then fair play. Would be more concerned if they get Zakharyan on the cheap, he looks a proper player

MUFC OK

Hopefully he’s the striker we go for. Would rather we make the outlay now than after he’s racked up 50 goals in Bundesliga.

Guapa

Looks good to me,hopefully we are in for him.

WirralRed

I do hope it’s someone like this we go for and not Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting or that kind of player.

croadyman

Already been bought by RBL which he joins in the summer of 2023 iirc. So I doubt they'll sell him straight away.
Still not 100% he will actually play for them,him going there seems a funny arrangement

Ekeke

Still not 100% he will actually play for them,him going there seems a funny arrangement
Whats funny about it?

Nkunku looks like he will be quite rightly cashed in on and he'll come into a team that needs a big lift up front because of it. Going there for 1 or 2 seasons while he improves his goalscoring seems pretty sensible

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'm not so sure. I mean, sure he might be gettable right now if we make RBL a silly offer and they make a huge profit, without him kicking a ball for them, but as the poster above says they're losing Nkunku and need a replacement anyway.

He seems to prefer the game time for his development (rightly so) and going to the Germany is a step up in league and his profile. RBL get a highly rated striker and if he continues his development, will probably end up doubling their money in 2-3 years & Sesko might have the pick of a few more clubs (Bayern, Madrid, Barca all have ageing CF's, then there's PSG, ourselves etc). A lot changes in football in a couple of years anyway.

lex talionis

Very few strikers are ready on the first to conquer the prem. Go for Sesko as soon as possible, though it seems ETH wants Gakpo.

I suppose we could bring in both Sesko and Gakpo, which shouldn’t take to long to get used to saying out loud.

mav_9me

We need a legit starting CF. Not a talent who will take time to blossom. Great if we get him as a back up but not as our main no.9

croadyman

Very few strikers are ready on the first to conquer the prem. Go for Sesko as soon as possible, though it seems ETH wants Gakpo.

I suppose we could bring in both Sesko and Gakpo, which shouldn’t take to long to get used to saying out loud.
Have said it before and will say it again we need a Gakpo type wide forward AND a Sesko type number 9 to lead the line

lex talionis

Have said it before and will say it again we need a Gakpo type wide forward AND a Sesko type number 9 to lead the line
It's a bit of a predicament, the wide forward position. We have Radshford, Sancho and Antony, all of whom in theory are world beaters, but we really can't say that any of them are consistently beating the world. (I may need to find a new metaphor.) A Sesko-type 9 is what's required, but we need someone with a bit more experience...but who?

KranjskaKlobasa

Got an assist against Montenegro, albeit he was not on his best form. His hands flailing while running were very Crouch-ey.

Last edited:

SAF is the GOAT

Genuine question: Do you really think that he's ready for a top level senior football in the PL ?

Because personally I'm not sure... Especially if we're counting on him to be our opening striker considerate Martial is mostly injured and not that in form currently.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Genuine question: Do you really think that he's ready for a top level senior football in the PL ?

Because personally I'm not sure... Especially if we're counting on him to be our opening striker considerate Martial is mostly injured and not that in form currently.
Irrelevant really isn't it? He's moving to Germany in the summer where he'll spend at least a year (likely longer) so not an option till 2024 at the earliest

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If we fail to get either kane or osihmen it might be worth it to splash out on this kid, he certainly has future and assuming we go in gor him first we could poetry have a free run at him.

Although I doubt he'll be putting up 20 goal seasons for the first few seasons.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
If we fail to get either kane or osihmen it might be worth it to splash out on this kid, he certainly has future and assuming we go in gor him first we could poetry have a free run at him.

Although I doubt he'll be putting up 20 goal seasons for the first few seasons.
How are you going to splash out on him when he already has an agreed transfer in place?

footballbite

I still like him as a player, but the emergence this season of the likes of Evan Ferguson, Goncalo Ramos and Rasmus Hojlund (also maybe Dion Breljo) means there are suddenly alternatives for excellent striker prospects.

Utd should be identifying which of the above has the highest ceiling and could be the next Kane/Lewndowski etc.. That may or may not be Sesko, but right now others are putting up better numbers,

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
7 in 25 this season. Not sure he’s the answer right now

Red the Bear

Something less generic
How are you going to splash out on him when he already has an agreed transfer in place?
I think we could get him if we pay them a handsome amount but I'm not really in the know about the specifics of his pre-planned transfer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I still like him as a player, but the emergence this season of the likes of Evan Ferguson, Goncalo Ramos and Rasmus Hojlund (also maybe Dion Breljo) means there are suddenly alternatives for excellent striker prospects.

Utd should be identifying which of the above has the highest ceiling and could be the next Kane/Lewndowski etc.. That may or may not be Sesko, but right now others are putting up better numbers,
I think he has the Hughes ceiling of them all(although I admit I haven't seen much of that Danish fella) but I don’t really see it with Ramos for example.

Sesko has an exceptional tool kit plus great techniques and is physically gifted , I think he's destined for success if given the right environment to develop, ten hag could have a field day molding him into the the player he wants him to be.

Last edited:

Chief123

This keeps getting asked but it’s been reported a few times in recent weeks that Leipzig would actually be open to selling him if they got a satisfactory transfer fee despite the fact he would never have played a game for them. The point being him having a transfer in place is reportedly not a deal breaker to him going elsewhere instead.

It’s a bizarre situation but it’s the nature of how the RB group operate.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
I think he has the Hughes ceiling of them all(although I admit I haven't seen much of that Danish fella) but I don’t really see it with Ramos for example.

Sesko has an exceptional tool kit and great tennis and physically well endowment, I think he's destined for success if given the right environment to develop, ten hag could have a field day molding him into the the player he wants him to be.
Felt like I had a stroke reading this. :confused:

Blood Mage

Would prefer him to Kane or Osimhen. We need young, hungry players not players who are approaching the end of their peak or already past their peak.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would prefer him to Kane or Omishen. We need young, hungry players not players who are approaching the end of their peak or already past their peak.
Don't see the sense in signing a project given the ages of Casemiro and Varane and Bruno. Need to sign someone who can help us win now.
Also osimhen is only 24 and far better and far more proven.

Blood Mage

Don't see the sense in signing a project given the ages of Casemiro and Varane and Bruno. Need to sign someone who can help us win now.
Also osimhen is only 24 and far better and far more proven.
My mistake I was under the impression that Osimhen was in his late twenties. :annoyed:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
My mistake I was under the impression that Osimhen was in his late twenties. :annoyed:
Also sesko only has 7 goals for Salzburg this season! He's hardly tearing it up like Haaland. He's years away from being ready to start for a title challenging side.

Resch

After signing for Leipzig, Sesko has not delivered this season. He is good, has potential, but is not ready to be the main man. Would be a signing for the next 2–3 years for cup games, garbage time or if we have nothing to lose.

Strootman's Finger

Leipzig paid 65 mil for him, they could sell him this summer for 85 mil and make 20 mil off a player that never played for them, therefore how could they miss him?

troylocker

Leipzig paid 65 mil for him, they could sell him this summer for 85 mil and make 20 mil off a player that never played for them, therefore how could they miss him?
He's had a couple of nice moments for Slovenia (5 goals and 3 assists in 17 games), but who would pay 85M for a striker with 7 goals in 25 games for the by far best team in Austria this season and a CL record of 0 goals and 0 assists in 12 games.
He's not even worth close to the 20M Leipzig are paying for him right now. There is absolutely no way he's getting any serious minutes at Leipzig if what he's doing for Salzburg now is his standard.

Sesko in the Austrian Bundesliga: 10 goals and 6 assists in 41 games
Sesko in the CL: 0 goals and 0 assists in 12 games