Benjamin Sesko | Salzburg | Leipzig

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
can you elaborate from where do you get that he's slow? In all of his scout reports, his speed is always mentioned as his asset.. infact judging by speedsdb.com his top speed is comparable to Rashford's (although I dont know how reliable the site is). In any case just going by the eye test, he looks quite fast, especially for a tall guy.
Eye test. Guy looks clumsy as feck. And yeah, he also looks slow.
Max speed is something completely different. Starting speed is what is important. Speed in first 5m-10m.

Bojan Djordjic

Slow and clumsy. Lukaku looks like a baller comparing to this guy. We must stay away from this.
Sorry but I don't think you've watched him if you think this. Might turn out to be overhyped but he's not slow or clumsy and Lukaku couldn't do any of this stuff.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sorry but I don't think you've watched him if you think this. Might turn out to be overhyped but he's not slow or clumsy and Lukaku couldn't do any of this stuff.

Second goal is pure Di Canio

Baxquux

Slightly raw, but not sure what the people describing him as slow had in mind. If he wasn't caught in the RB machine , I'd have been up for him signing alongside Hojlund (as Martial replacement in the squad, even if we had to pay more than the minimal fee Leipzig handed over.

Adamsk7

Bit like Hojlund for me - fast, strong, gets in good positions but isn’t converting as much as he will in the next 2-3 years.

he’ll be elite, same as Hojlund. Those two and Ferguson are as close to sure things as you get for strikers at that age outside the absolute top young players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi etc

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Him and Hojlund as our striking options would have been great

Red the Bear

Something less generic
One wonders how far along their development curve each of hojlund (who secured a big move sooner), sesko and Ferguson are.

Overall this should be an interesting season to watch for them and perhaps compare, after all such a dearth of promise forwards in the market as of now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was a nice cameo from him where he displayed good acceleration and ability to shoot well with his weaker foot. Sesko was the one I wanted us to sign and it seems we did try to sign him but unfortunately the move didn't materialize. It'll be interesting to see how he does working under Marco Rose. He's 6'4 with good touch and technique and fantastic acceleration.

At the time I wasn't fimiliar with Rasmus Hojlund, so hopefully he can develop into a top class striker for us in the coming years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really liked the look of this player when we were linked to him. Seemed to have all the natural tools. Haven’t followed him properly though.

saik

Get him in next season for 70m. Play with 2 strikers up top. The old way. :drool:

saik

+ Ferguson!
I don't mind either of these two. But Ferguson is going to way more expensive than Sesko. I actually wanted Sesko last year when we were linked with him. Shame he went to Leipzig instead. Good career decision for him ofcourse but still a shame.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
A goal and two Assists last night for Slovenia. How does he measure up to Holjund?

kaku06

Now that we have Højlund, who should be the other striker? Let’s say £60m for Sesko or £100m for Ferguson? I personally would choose Ferguson even if the price would be way more than Sesko.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Now that we have Højlund, who should be the other striker? Let’s say £60m for Sesko or £100m for Ferguson? I personally would choose Ferguson even if the price would be way more than Sesko.
Sesko

gregor

He was so good yesterday, the best I've seen him play. His overall play improved a lot during offseason. He could be on path to become best Slovenian player ever. With him, Oblak and Bijol we have a decent core, and hopefully we can challenge Denmark and Finland for top spot in the qualifying group.

Dan_F

He was so good yesterday, the best I've seen him play. His overall play improved a lot during offseason. He could be on path to become best Slovenian player ever. With him, Oblak and Bijol we have a decent core, and hopefully we can challenge Denmark and Finland for top spot in the qualifying group.
Said the same thing in the Euro qualifying thread. Genuinely surprised me how much better he’s got on the ball. I know the defending wasn’t great, but that second assist was lovely.

As for Slovenia, I think that Finland result really messed up their chance of top spot but second would still be great. The squad depth, up front especially, is really nice to see.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd love a return to 2 forwards. Rashford one side, say Mount the other side and 2 in midfield. I'd love it, relentless attacking, defenders wouldn't have a clue what to do for a while.

Idxomer

Rashford is basically the 2nd striker in our team. There's no place in the team for a 3rd one, especially a traditional one like Sesko or Ferguson.

TsuWave

Sesko

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd love a return to 2 forwards. Rashford one side, say Mount the other side and 2 in midfield. I'd love it, relentless attacking, defenders wouldn't have a clue what to do for a while.
It would be Bruno on the right.

Idxomer

Rashford is utterly incapable of playing as a competent striker at this level.
The wide forward in modern football is a striker in all but name which is the position Rashford usually plays.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
To be fair, the amount of time and space he was afforded on the ball there was pretty comical. Under intense pressing you can see him turning it over a lot because he looks pretty ungainly. But I’m just going off that short video. I certainly didn’t see a Benzema clone. Then again, aside from YT vids, I’ve hardly seen this guy play.