Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackAttackAttack

Isn’t this the type of signing everyone always is saying we should make? Young with huge potential. Sign him before he costs $100mm in 2-3 years time. This is how much these type of signings cost so it’s always a gamble. Roll those dice!

luke511

Sesko has 13 goals and 8 assists in 1800 minutes (or 20 full 90s), making his goals per 90 0.65 for Salzburg, In comparison, Adeyemi’s is 0.66 for Salzburg. Sesko’s career GP90 is 0.78 across 3900 minutes, Adeyemi is 0.59 across 7500 minutes. It’s a small sample size but very encouraging signs that he is in fact good at scoring goals. If he does stay at Salzburg, with Adeyemi no longer the main striker you can guarantee him putting in a very strong season for Salzburg statistically.

Mmm-Qatarian

I'll caveat this by saying I'm not a huge fan of posting from this particular aggregator as he's not always been completely accurate with his relaying of information. I'll try to do some digging to see if I can find the original.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I reckon he will sign for a club who will make him a starter and it won't be United.

Widow

I'll caveat this by saying I'm not a huge fan of posting from this particular aggregator as he's not always been completely accurate with his relaying of information. I'll try to do some digging to see if I can find the original.
Rok Viskovic was one of the first to break the story of United's interest in Sesko

Mmm-Qatarian

Rok Viskovic was one of the first to break the story of United's interest in Sesko
Yeah, from what I can tell Rok Viskovic has been quite good on this story. I'm just struggling to find the original source of the quote and I should note again that mufcmpb is not a particularly trustworthy aggregator.

Erik the Red

Much as it pains me to say this, Arsenal just signed a Premier League proven goalscorer for c£45m. We have to hope that Sesko, with the creativity he has behind him in Eriksen, Bruno, Sancho and hopefully de Jong and Antony (maybe next year), and some good coaching, can turn him into a world beater. I actually think he has all the tools for the job, but it is a massive pressure to put on a 19 year old. Cavani is gone, Greenwood may never play for United again, Ronaldo wants to go, and Martial is injured. He has Charlie McNeill as back up, or Rashford with Garnacho coming in on the left. Not an ideal way to go into our first competitive game of the season, but we have to blame the old regime and our two M.I.A. strikers.

red thru&thru

A bit concerning that he didn’t seem to be on RRs radar during his time here, or at least it wasn’t mentioned I don’t think.
Seems like a textbook signing for him coming from an RB club.

Either way, I am on board for no other reason than I can’t see a front 3 of Martial, Rashford and Sancho being enough. Ronny should be a sub under ETH
He's been on United's radar for many years.

croadyman

Certain more trustworthy than the likes of CDS or Calcio Mercato

Davie Moyes

I'm worried we won't get him due to him wanting to follow the Haaland route of development. Smaller progressive moves. I think it's why he turned us down earlier in his career.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Reckon we might get this kid, mental fee for a kid, but it's one of those that 5 years down the line could be a bargain.
In 12 months' time when he isn't scoring 20 goals then the moaners will be saying -- typical United, we always over-pay and land up buying rubbish. When will we ever change? Embarrassing --- or the hipmoaner's word in 2023, humiliating.

Dan_F

Yeah, from what I can tell Rok Viskovic has been quite good on this story. I'm just struggling to find the original source of the quote and I should note again that mufcmpb is not a particularly trustworthy aggregator.
He’s a legit Slovenian football journalist. It’s a small country and no doubt very easy to have closer sources for all top Slovenian players, bar maybe Oblak who left the country so young. Then again, it’s a good opportunity to build a following and take advantage of the rumours.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
In 12 months' time when he isn't scoring 20 goals then the moaners will be saying -- typical United, we always over-pay and land up buying rubbish. When will we ever change? Embarrassing --- or the hipmoaner's word in 2023, humiliating.
Do you see the irony of a post complaining about people complaining about a hypothetical situation?

RatPack

News states Man Utd must act swiftly to get this deal done.

If that is true there is not way we will get him :-)

Depending on the final fee I guess he could be a good gamble (Ronaldo do not want to play and Martial will be injured half the season).

poleglass red

Isn’t this the type of signing everyone always is saying we should make? Young with huge potential. Sign him before he costs $100mm in 2-3 years time. This is how much these type of signings cost so it’s always a gamble. Roll those dice!
exactly, this season is a rebuild- no pressure to win titles, no CL league, get him in, coach him, get him used to the tactics, club etc, then next season, he's fully integrated. With Eriksen in, Sancho more consistent hopefully, and if/when we get De Jong, could be a good time to bed in a striker.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
News states Man Utd must act swiftly to get this deal done.

If that is true there is not way we will get him :-)

Depending on the final fee I guess he could be a good gamble (Ronaldo do not want to play and Martial will be injured half the season).
Martial is either near world class or anonymous for 80% of the other games

Strootman's Finger

How did this situation go from, no one in the world of football was talking about him, to, every big club in world football is desperate to sign him. Based on one goal in a friendly? I want this signing, but it's just getting weird.

Hester_manc

Just buy him. We already see our problem that where Martial is injured. We need a striker more, no matter if Rolando stays or not.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Nothing in the future is certain, it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Not sure that's true in the case of Jovic :lol:

Do you not think £30/40 m on a player such as Sesko is a bit of a gamble considering our budget is fairly limited?

Strootman's Finger

Can understand us and Chelsea. Why do PSG and Liverpool need him when they are already bought strikers just this window. Let us have him ffs. :mad:
Liverpool makes no sense, they just signed Nunez. PSG does like to stockpile young talent, but their name gets thrown into every transfer now, so it could be BS. Chelsea seems genuine, since they are known to be looking for a striker.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
After Ten Hag's comments about signing the right guys I can only trust this guy to be worth it. And we do really need a striker.

Chief123

How did this situation go from, no one in the world of football was talking about him, to, every big club in world football is desperate to sign him. Based on one goal in a friendly? I want this signing, but it's just getting weird.
I doubt it’s based off his one goal against Liverpool. What often happens in these situations is a number of clubs are “monitoring” his progress and have had scouts watch him. They don’t necessarily make a move straight away. But as soon as one of the clubs makes a serious move for him, then I imagine the other clubs realise they would have to act now too in order not to miss out.

Other times it can just be made up to drum up interest or hike the price.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Liverpool makes no sense, they just signed Nunez. PSG does like to stockpile young talent, but their name gets thrown into every transfer now, so it could be BS. Chelsea seems genuine, since they are known to be looking for a striker.
PSG don't really stockpile young talents and barely sign them which was actually an issue and a possible change of strategy. But PSG are currently trying to get rid of a lot players, so anyone linking them with players is likely lying.

hobbers

Can understand us and Chelsea. Why do PSG and Liverpool need him when they are already bought strikers just this window. Let us have him ffs. :mad:
They dont. It's just his agent briefing to drum up contract offers.

captaincantona

As soon as a report emerged that we have made an offer, reports of other offers appear. Standard sort of leaking I would say drum up some false narratives to push Utds hand a bit further. Just means this won’t be straightforward but it never is with us.

Disneyland my arse!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah some people tend to forget we could have signed him for just 3m euros but wasn't ready for the move I reckon
What I don’t get is why we didn’t sign him for 3 million and tell him we’d find him a great loan etc. We seem to stand aside unless these players are happy to do a season or two in our youth teams which is a mistake. Get them signed and loan them out. It works.

Strootman's Finger

PSG don't really stockpile young talents and barely sign them which was actually an issue and a possible change of strategy. But PSG are currently trying to get rid of a lot players, so anyone linking them with players is likely lying.
I don't follow them to closely, I just know whenever I start looking into a promising you player that we've been linked with I am shocked at how often a lot of them spent some time at PSG. I guess they don't stockpile, maybe they are just ruthless and buy and sell frequently.

JPRouve

Scout
What I don’t get is why we didn’t sign him for 3 million and tell him we’d find him a great loan etc. We seem to stand aside unless these players are happy to do a season or two in our youth teams which is a mistake. Get them signed and loan them out. It works.
Because it doesn't work and players seldomly go for it.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't follow them to closely, I just know whenever I start looking into a promising you player that we've been linked with I am shocked at how often a lot of them spent some time at PSG. I guess they don't stockpile, maybe they are just ruthless and buy and sell frequently.
Which players are you talking about though? Because PSG has one of the best academy around, a fair amount of current french talents started there.

Strootman's Finger

Which players are you talking about though? Because PSG has one of the best academy around, a fair amount of current french talents started there.
Nkunku comes to mind first, but there were many, I just don't remember, we get linked to so many players, who can keep track.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not sure that's true in the case of Jovic :lol:

Do you not think £30/40 m on a player such as Sesko is a bit of a gamble considering our budget is fairly limited?
Everything is a gamble, no matter the player. There are no guarantees in football

Status
Not open for further replies.