Benoît Badiashile

Fracture90

Those fees were ridiculous to start with. I said it when we signed them and I'll stick to that till the end of time. However it's not easy to pin point whose fault it is. For example would Ole accept alternative targets? If I want your car , you ask ridiculous money for it and I refuse to walk away or settle for an alternative car, then the only alternative I have is to pay your price. Many will pinpoint the need of a DOF (I think we need more then just a DOF) and they are right. But would Ole agree to work with one? Cause let's face it, working in a job with no bosses around is quite nice. Ask LVG and Mou.

At a serious club each role is well defined. Financial people will take care of finances while football people take care of the football side. You tend to have CEOs who understand football (ex Marotta, VDS, Rummenigge), DOFs who work improving the club's efficiency and effectiveness football wise 24/7 (ie transfers etc) and you have the manager whose job is nowadays that of a head coach. That's a fully tested formula that works and should be implemented irrespective whether the CEO or the manager agrees to it.
I understand your point but is Ole really that big of a name to be in a position to demand certain signings no matter the cost? We finished 6th after all. He's a manager of a limited experience and not so big success.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I understand your point but is Ole really that big of a name to be in a position to demand certain signings no matter the cost? We finished 6th after all. He's a manager of a limited experience and not so big success.
I fully agree. Which is why the board need to be firm on this one. Don't expect managers to jump with joy at the prospect of having someone knowledgeable who assess their work.

Ironically a DOF can protect the manager as much as he can protect the board. Managers benefit from not having to take full responsibility over transfers. It also makes it easier for them to run the day to day work as well. I remember when Juve's DOF decided that an ageing Del Piero was not worth the salary he was in. The players were outraged by it but they could do nothing about it because if they played badly then they would cost the manager's job (who was pro Del Piero) and not the DOF's job. Ultimately the manager interceded on Del Piero's behalf and a compromise was reached with Del Piero given a contract but on a reduced salary.

croadyman

I don't think you have any idea who the French Journalist is. He's one of the most reliable journalist out there. If people have a choice to believe between Bouhafsi or Mail, I think it's a no brainer choice.
Yeah not a difficult one at all,they are the only ones reporting the Grealish stuff today so take with a pinch of salt

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Those fees were ridiculous to start with. I said it when we signed them and I'll stick to that till the end of time. However it's not easy to pin point whose fault it is. For example would Ole accept alternative targets? If I want your car , you ask ridiculous money for it and I refuse to walk away or settle for an alternative car, then the only alternative I have is to pay your price. Many will pinpoint the need of a DOF (I think we need more then just a DOF) and they are right. But would Ole agree to work with one? Cause let's face it, working in a job with no bosses around is quite nice. Ask LVG and Mou.

At a serious club each role is well defined. Financial people will take care of finances while football people take care of the football side. You tend to have CEOs who understand football (ex Marotta, VDS, Rummenigge), DOFs who work improving the club's efficiency and effectiveness football wise 24/7 (ie transfers etc) and you have the manager whose job is nowadays that of a head coach. That's a fully tested formula that works and should be implemented irrespective whether the CEO or the manager agrees to it.
As a club, why should I care if Ole agrees or not ? We have decided we will have a DoF and I don't care if Ole or another manager agrees with it.

Last edited:

croadyman

As a club, why should I care if Ole agrees or not ? We have decided we will have a DoF and I don't care if Ole or another manager agrees with it.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah there is no doubt a DOF would see us utilising the european market to find the same quality of player but at a lower price than someone PL proven

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why are people discussing a DoF?
Has hell frozen over..??

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Honestly don't know because it's a complete waste of time when they club are stubbornly refusing to appoint one
I can't see United ever having a DoF unless his surname is Glazer.

croadyman

I can't see United ever having a DoF unless his surname is Glazer.
Then fans wonder why we don't buy many players outside of the UK (Bruno aside of course). We all know there is better value in Europe for similar level players but the club just don't wanna hear it at all

Fracture90

I fully agree. Which is why the board need to be firm on this one. Don't expect managers to jump with joy at the prospect of having someone knowledgeable who assess their work.

Ironically a DOF can protect the manager as much as he can protect the board. Managers benefit from not having to take full responsibility over transfers. It also makes it easier for them to run the day to day work as well. I remember when Juve's DOF decided that an ageing Del Piero was not worth the salary he was in. The players were outraged by it but they could do nothing about it because if they played badly then they would cost the manager's job (who was pro Del Piero) and not the DOF's job. Ultimately the manager interceded on Del Piero's behalf and a compromise was reached with Del Piero given a contract but on a reduced salary.
Absolutely, DOF is a must. Giving every manager what their heart desire no matter the cost is not sustainable.

Ralph1386

Absolutely, DOF is a must. Giving every manager what their heart desire no matter the cost is not sustainable.
It’s been years since fans and some pundits have been crying out for a DOF. If the Glazers and Woodward wanted one they would have gotten him/her a long time ago. Unfortunately....

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Can we quit talking about a DOF folks. There is a thread(s) for that.

Stick to Badiashile please

James Peril

There's United tax all over again. As soon as we inquire about a player, their fee goes up the roof. As if Monaco would have asked for that kind of fee from Leverkusen.
It’s almost like there are consequences in life, like not getting a job as a lawyer if you have face tattoos.. unfair! Or perhaps paying 80m for Maguire will make every club in the world know we are idiots in the market and will suffer for it for a looong time! I’ve said it tons of times, paying heavily for players will cost us in many ways.

Fracture90

It’s been years since fans and some pundits have been crying out for a DOF. If the Glazers and Woodward wanted one they would have gotten him/her a long time ago. Unfortunately....
Tbh it has been a hot topic only for the past few years.

Fracture90

Tbh how big is the difference between ‘years’ and ‘the past few years’? It’s a useless debate as we both mean the same thing.
Idk , i guess the 'years' alone can also represent a longer period of time than the 'few years'. But yeah, i agree it's rather pointless. Gotta ask why the inclusion of 'crying'?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Comments since Sunday (From AS Monaco forum):

https://forum.ladiagonale.net/index...t-badiashile-apprentissage-à-la-dure/&page=25

So how much do they want the Bayer?
20 millions?
We take!
As long as this guy is in the field, we will not progress.
Sell it and quickly it's no longer possible ...
Ballo Toure is also very at fault
Null..Nil
we will get rid of Badiashile
Are we really expecting 30 million for him? We didn't get out of the sand
In fact he's not a defender ... He's a striker.
His rating has doubled :lol: this unlikely hero
It does not change anything.
The guy is a defender and unable to defend. He can score 15 goals, I don't want it with us
He made me dream about his goal. If only the course of history could change for him.

It's very surprising how he anticipates his goal. He showed more vista on this gesture than his entire career in DC.
For sale urgently. Lymphatic.
If ever we don't recruit from the left, don't you think he could play sideways instead of ballo? His balls would be less damaging and he could use his technique more, which is not bad.

well in fact the problem is that it does not run .... so how to put it ... as they say in the South-West amended ...
He is not master of his zone, intractable,
Too porous player
I advise you to review the goal.

The ball is clear, it is at the marking of its attacker, when Disasi attacks the ball it comes down. Disasi does not feel the player of Reims and is caught late in the duel.
He's not that badly positioned either, he gets caught up in the speed of the ball, the deflection couldn't be more perfect.

Where he is at fault for me is that he does not catch his opponent enough.

Disasi is at fault, Badia does not catch enough and everything in this action is bordered by success for Reims, the deflected ball is perfect, the shot is perfect and lucky.

I would never say he's a cador, but at some point you shouldn't hit it like that, he just turned 19. First match with Disasi.
He begins to hold office in a catastrophic context, everyone is homeless.

I'll give him time to get back on his feet before I slaughter him. To say that he is not perfect yes, to say that he is the main reason for the two goals, no.

On this goal I just realized that the one that annoys me the most is ballo, he sees the guy leaving behind badia's back and does not go, at two he would have cut the guy in the race and there wouldn't have been a goal ...
You're coming, we're going to hit Ballo> <
Still soft, but the best all the same. He still has a good raise.

Now I'm a little divided, I still want him to go, but if he gains momentum, and starts scoring a bit, we might see the cards again.

For my part, I would like him to stay but by replacing i we are recruiting someone with experience.
Jardim, Moreno and now Kovac liked this player.
On the other hand to the supporters ...... He hides his game well during the matches
I do not share your opinion, in my opinion he is much more at fault than Ballo. Beyond the fact that he does not hook his opponent enough, that I agree, he never takes the information that there is a player behind him.
In addition, his body is very poorly oriented (towards his goal, rather than facing the game ..) and that is due to the fact that he is too late in his placement ..

As soon as the release took place, it already had to be replaced.

And this is its main fault, you will notice that it is replaced too slowly in different phases of the game.

He must realize this and work on it.

Ballo even while sprinting could not have done anything, he is further than what we think.
It means 45 million or nothing !!
They are also armored

Kearnkoff69

Jaysus! Their fans are not into him at all.
To be fair, those comments read eerily similar to any number of player performance threads on the Caf. Not saying there isn’t some truth in there, but I always take forum comments like that with a hefty dose of skepticism. I also haven’t ever seen the lad play so cannot speak to his ability myself.

AsonUnique

For those that haven't seen him he has made some big errors. Monaco was a mess this year and probably not ideal for an 18/19 year old to develop. On the flip side he has experience that many that young don't get. He has every physical attribute you could want in a CB and left footed. It does seem like a weird signing, he would probably be 4th or 5th at CB at best and maybe lower if we don't ship out Rojo, Jones and Smalling. Leverkusen makes more since to me as he would be their 3rd choice and get plenty of game time on a solid team. With all that said I am all in... for anything, literally anybody. Sign him up.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's 19, he's going to make mistakes, I would take those comments with a huge grain of a salt. We'd be buying him for the future, not to come in immediately and start every game, a la Maguire. Our defence was actually pretty good last season on the whole. Adding a left footed CB with potential and showing some faith in some of our players would be fine for next season IMO.

romufc

If anyone came and read what the caf had to say about Rashford in October, championship standard etc... you would think he is valued at £10m.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm showing those comments to give people a good clear idea that Badiashile isn't going to be someone that you can expect to be our regular player week in week out right away. I have seen some people even putting him in our regular spot right away in this thread.

Signing this guy will be part of investment and up to us to develop him. He has great natural physical to be EPL centre back, he is very composed on the ball & not injury prone. He has some natural gift to make it to the top class ball playing centre back. 30m euro will be a good deal in my opinion for investment on young natural gifted centre back.

No Love

“For sale urgently. Lymphatic.”

“He is not master of his zone, intractable,
Too porous player“

“It means 45 million or nothing !!
They are also armored”

My personal favourites. Quite a glowing reference, all things considered. Sign him up! :drool:

hungrywing

I'm showing those comments to give people a good clear idea that Badiashile isn't going to be someone that you can expect to be our regular player week in week out right away. I have seen some people even putting him in our regular spot right away in this thread.

Signing this guy will be part of investment and up to us to develop him. He has great natural physical to be EPL centre back, he is very composed on the ball & not injury prone. He has some natural gift to make it to the top class ball playing centre back. 30m euro will be a good deal in my opinion for investment on young natural gifted centre back.
Gut instinct says this poster seems the equivalent of sportingcp89 (sic) regarding Bruno.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What a goal. WTF are we waiting for? This guy is a baller. The Henry of centre back :lol: